Search found 73 matches

by sloshnpecs
Sun May 17, 2026 3:04 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Official Inferno Listening Session Ticket Giveaway
Replies: 64
Views: 21319

Re: Official Inferno Listening Session Ticket Giveaway

Username: sloshnpecs
Location: London
by sloshnpecs
Wed May 07, 2025 2:59 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: WATMM is shutting down
Replies: 37
Views: 214057

Re: WATMM is shutting down

I was active there in the early to mid 00s. It was a major part of following the music, for me. I stepped away because of some of the people / politics there. FFWD to now, not long found out the news / couldn't login / place closed / joined the new place. In time to see some of the people I didn't ...
by sloshnpecs
Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:00 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: BOC included in Warp30 streaming event
Replies: 1954
Views: 1294913

Re: BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Oh, they love the old My World theme too... :)
by sloshnpecs
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:16 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: BOC included in Warp30 streaming event
Replies: 1954
Views: 1294913

Re: BOC included in Warp30 streaming event

Wasn't sure what to expect of this event, but it is shaping up quite nicely. Is it certain the Warp10 BoC set will be complete / in better quality than what we already know? The fact we will get to listen to the set in this way is kinda a big deal for me, having missed out first time round. Oh, I ...
by sloshnpecs
Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:35 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: What are you reading?
Replies: 629
Views: 1226927

Re: What are you reading?

Seems to be about biographies for me, lately. I recently finished the Viv Albertine one and am about to start a 70's bio about Viv Nicholson. With a dash of Discovering Scarfolk alongside.
by sloshnpecs
Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:21 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: If BoC would give you one unreleased track...
Replies: 72
Views: 32221

Re: If BoC would give you one unreleased track...

Just one?! There are several I can think of, but I am in a Red Moss kinda mood today.
by sloshnpecs
Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:47 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Things you notice after years of listening
Replies: 367
Views: 1089943

Re: Things you notice after years of listening

I've had Geogaddi since it was released but only noticed a certain sample in A is to B as B is to C around 5 years ago. Just before the counting starts, you can hear a woman saying (I think) "I had a very special dream". I was listening on headphones one day and wasn't really concentrating on what I ...
by sloshnpecs
Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:02 pm
Forum: The Playground
Topic: 2001 A Space Odyssey - Re-released in UK Cinemas Nov/Dec
Replies: 38
Views: 5838

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey - Re-released in UK Cinemas Nov/Dec

Saw it earlier today and was not let down. I've seen the film on TV several times over the years but it is amazing on the big screen. I was concerned that the cinema I chose to see the film at might affect my viewing experience but the local VUE turned out to be fine. My first choice (a well known ...
by sloshnpecs
Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:10 pm
Forum: The Playground
Topic: 2001 A Space Odyssey - Re-released in UK Cinemas Nov/Dec
Replies: 38
Views: 5838

Re: 2001 A Space Odyssey - Re-released in UK Cinemas Nov/Dec

Seeing it on Sunday. Never seen it on the big screen before, I am looking forward to the experience.
by sloshnpecs
Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:11 am
Forum: The Playground
Topic: You most recent purchase? (In general, not just music)
Replies: 2268
Views: 2589879

Non music - birthday presents for my child, the weekly shop.

Music: Syro CD and Hi Scores reissues CD and vinyl.
by sloshnpecs
Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:51 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: What was your first impression of Boards of Canada?
Replies: 69
Views: 15045

My first impression (after hearing Olson and Red Moss) was "Wow, what was that - I want to hear more of their stuff".

Days later, ABPOITC leaked to the net, just before release. Pretty soon after that I bought whatever was easily obtainable on CD. My first purchases were MHTRTC and ABPOITC.
by sloshnpecs
Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:33 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Tomorrow's Harvest nominated for SAY award!
Replies: 197
Views: 164849

I see their Twitter feed was linked to in the blacked out segment. Did they do that for every act, or just BoC? I didn't see the whole ceremony, just the bits relevant to BoC.
by sloshnpecs
Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Back Catalog Vinyl Repress Confirmed (PRE-ORDER UP)
Replies: 613
Views: 168829

I'll have me some of that. Both bundles ordered...!
by sloshnpecs
Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:34 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Five is the new orange
Replies: 6
Views: 1282

Oh, yes! :D
by sloshnpecs
Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:22 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Your number ONE after the listen (so far).
Replies: 51
Views: 7223

Palace Posy too.
by sloshnpecs
Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:27 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Tomorrow's Harvest - Your Top 5 After First Listen
Replies: 45
Views: 5187

On first listen:

1. Cold Earth
2. Telepath
3. Palace Posy
4. Reach For The Dead
5. Semena Mertvykh
by sloshnpecs
Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:38 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: 02. Reach For The Dead (4:47)
Replies: 581
Views: 488513

Just realised there are two different versions of the RFTD video and watched them side by side to take in the differences. Whoah... :)
by sloshnpecs
Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:48 pm
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: MHTRTC - Promo version
Replies: 26
Views: 9157

Nice! Never seen one of those before. I have the promo CD (apparently slipped - sleeveless - into a Warpmart order at the time) but am seriously tempted to find one of these too.

Looking at the accompanying letter, I wonder if this is at the root of what a lot of folks believe or believed to be ...
by sloshnpecs
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:10 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Release Day - Where and How Will You Listen To TH?
Replies: 77
Views: 9905

Haha...!

I had noticed how popular Sennheisers were in this thread.

Just checked the spec for the 650's - cabled? Probably sound the biz but I like to be able to wander when I listen on headphones.

Mine are pretty ancient now but do the job quite well still.
by sloshnpecs
Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:00 am
Forum: Boards of Canada
Topic: Release Day - Where and How Will You Listen To TH?
Replies: 77
Views: 9905

CD or MP3's via Sennheiser HDR 130's, while going about the business of being a stay at home mum. So my first "proper" listen won't be until later in the day.