Page 6 of 7
Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:29 am
by wmarsh
hexagonLife wrote:wmarsh wrote:The tower is some sort of
radome, but I don't know where from.
Menwith Hill has some good ones (you might recognise it if you've seen Look Around You).
How god damn eerie are those things? I actually walked up to a massive electric tower in a field last weekend and even though it was broad daylight felt totally intimidated by the structure and the wierd humming noise.
Yeah, I love that stuff. As a kid I used to be in awe of anything like that. I loved the ridged boxes at the top of some telegraph poles, etc., particularly as I didn't really know what they were. I still have that awe as an adult, although it's slightly less magical now that I know how things work a bit better. I felt the same way about things like Teletext and radio and transmitters. I still get that wonderful feeling, like it's all eerie magic (even after I did some technical work on Teletext as an adult).
My favourite BoC instills those feelings!
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:39 pm
by Mark Geranium
Yes, Teletext and Ceefax were amazing, I remember when I first saw it I thought that the PC and TV had combined. Unfortunately I was pretty wrong.
Anyway, brilliant summary of a core component of BoC's sound.
Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:56 pm
by Mexicola
Can't be arsed making a new thread...
Just noticed the BOCtransmission page on Twitter is now 'verified'. Doesn't mean a huge amount of course, but in the interests of completeness I thought I'd mention it.
Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:34 pm
by Fredd-E
Mexicola wrote:Can't be arsed making a new thread...
Just noticed the BOCtransmission page on Twitter is now 'verified'. Doesn't mean a huge amount of course, but in the interests of completeness I thought I'd mention it.
Thanks 4 sharing. Hadn't noticed it before. Shared it on bocpages.

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 pm
by Mexicola
Anybody else just get a Twitter update text from BOCtransmission??
Received 14:48 GMT - looks like a blank update though??? Nothing showing on the actual Twitter page itself either. Wonder if showing went up and was then deleted???
Strange....

Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:34 pm
by Kamas009
Mexicola wrote:Anybody else just get a Twitter update text from BOCtransmission??
Received 14:48 GMT - looks like a blank update though??? Nothing showing on the actual Twitter page itself either. Wonder if showing went up and was then deleted???
Strange....

Quite strange.
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:40 pm
by portiss
Can't see it.
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:01 pm
by thepastinsidepressant
Mexicola wrote:Anybody else just get a Twitter update text from BOCtransmission??
Received 14:48 GMT - looks like a blank update though??? Nothing showing on the actual Twitter page itself either. Wonder if showing went up and was then deleted???
Strange....

you should call the police for false alarm
don't see anything on my side, they're two teasers them, getting a bit stale though now.
they may not have anyone buying the damn thing by the time it gets released.
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:15 pm
by Diadhaidh
If there was an update, it's long gone. I don't suppose you took a screenshot of it?
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:30 pm
by Mexicola
It was a text, which I still have. I get updates by text from half a dozen different Twitter feeds, including BOCtransmission. I had an update from BOCtransmission at 14:48 this afternoon. It literally reads:
@boctransmission: _
ie. something was posted by BOCtransmission, but I'm buggered if I know what it was.
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:11 pm
by Diadhaidh
Interesting. I wonder if it's a glitch, or a mistake by whoever it is running the account.
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:29 pm
by Twoist
Definitely happened. Half a dozen others on Twitter registered their disappointment in reply to the now-deleted tweet.
https://twitter.com/search?q=boctransmission&src=typd
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:39 pm
by Diadhaidh
Maybe someone from Hexagon Sun will clear it up; then again, maybe not.
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:38 pm
by seanandcandy
there is nothing more unsettling than waking up to twitter notifications of boctransmission activity
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:53 pm
by Julian Candy
Diadhaidh wrote:Maybe someone from Hexagon Sun will clear it up; then again, maybe not.
...And maybe scallops are flyin' outta me pants!
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:40 am
by TaoTapeTao
lol I seriously hope someone just accidentally tweeted something. That would be funny

Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:54 am
by Vostok
TaoTapeTao wrote:lol I seriously hope someone just accidentally tweeted something. That would be funny

How could someone just
accidentally tweet something?
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:14 am
by TaoTapeTao
That's the funny part ^
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:22 am
by seanandcandy
habitual shit stirrers they are
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:13 am
by deadfly
I've been looking at that for a couple of minutes and it's nice to see all the different messages about BoC. I like the idea that there are people all over the world listening to BoC right now.
Re the mysterious Twitter message - probably just something mundane like a Warp employee logging into the wrong band's Twitter account.