ExitEuXa wrote:Grizzly Bear_Yellow House on the Warp label. [2006]
I downloaded and listened to it... nothing special imo... maybe even a bit bland?
*hides in a corner for all the upcoming hatred*
Man... I love the stuff. But I guess that's obvious already. Steve-O and D4 and I will form a club about it and YOU won't be invited.
I think it's easy for casual listeners to miss the quality in this music. I think the new album may sound as if you've heard it all before, but it's got quite a twist. And damn i love the vocal work.
Disavowed do we get badges in our club? I like badges.
ExitEuXa wrote:Grizzly Bear_Yellow House on the Warp label. [2006]
I downloaded and listened to it... nothing special imo... maybe even a bit bland?
*hides in a corner for all the upcoming hatred*
Man... I love the stuff. But I guess that's obvious already. Steve-O and D4 and I will form a club about it and YOU won't be invited.
I think it's easy for casual listeners to miss the quality in this music. I think the new album may sound as if you've heard it all before, but it's got quite a twist. And damn i love the vocal work.
Disavowed do we get badges in our club? I like badges.
Um, yes. Yellow will be making them.
The thing about Grizzly Bear is that it falls in some weird zone in between Beck, the Beach Boys, maybe like Bibio, Tindersticks.... I like that aspect of it, as all of those are bands that I either really like or really respect. But something about its folkish vibe... its just awesome.
ExitEuXa wrote:Grizzly Bear_Yellow House on the Warp label. [2006]
I downloaded and listened to it... nothing special imo... maybe even a bit bland?
*hides in a corner for all the upcoming hatred*
Man... I love the stuff. But I guess that's obvious already. Steve-O and D4 and I will form a club about it and YOU won't be invited.
I think it's easy for casual listeners to miss the quality in this music. I think the new album may sound as if you've heard it all before, but it's got quite a twist. And damn i love the vocal work.
Disavowed do we get badges in our club? I like badges.
Um, yes. Yellow will be making them.
The thing about Grizzly Bear is that it falls in some weird zone in between Beck, the Beach Boys, maybe like Bibio, Tindersticks.... I like that aspect of it, as all of those are bands that I either really like or really respect. But something about its folkish vibe... its just awesome.
Ok, enough hyping Grizzly Bear.
Why should we do that? I'm listening for don't know how many times again to Grizzly Bear_Yellow House.
YELLOW wrote:oh i how love mogwai....ive been really into 'happy songs...' lately
Is it much like Godspeed? I was listening to Godspeed's storm the other night and while the production was nice (and they're clearly talented) I found it a litte bit boring. Maybe I'm not a post rock kind of dude.
A nice mellow tune after a crazy night of alcoholic debauchery.
Oh, and Mogwai is fucking awesome, I've only recently discovered them this year. I think they're way better than Godspeed, but that's just my opinion. I get bored with Godspeed as well, but Mogwai's tracks don't go on forever and ever and there is more substance to them. Disavowed; I would start with their first album "Young Team" and their newest "Mr. Beast". They have a lot of good albums but those are probably my 2 favs.
YELLOW wrote:oh i how love mogwai....ive been really into 'happy songs...' lately
Is it much like Godspeed? I was listening to Godspeed's storm the other night and while the production was nice (and they're clearly talented) I found it a litte bit boring. Maybe I'm not a post rock kind of dude.
What are some cool Mogwai tracks?
Godspeed You Black Emperor is no post rock sorry! [i'm a big fan] 'Happy songs for happy people' is indeed a great album from Mogwai.