babylulu wrote:BoC have said in the past they prefer doing interviews/press with smaller names as opposed to the big music journalists we always hear about
Anyone else? Better get all your fakes out there before BoC actually release their next LP.
Hopefully they push their sound forward in a way that'll make fakes harder to create, which is what I think happened when The Campfire Headphase came out.
Yeah, not been a whole hell of a lot of post TCH era sounding fakes. They still keep coming on the old tunes era stuff. Honestly one of the best things that'd come from BOC releasing the early albums from the archives would be they wouldn't be there for fakers to pretend their stuff to be
demo wrote:Anyone else? Better get all your fakes out there before BoC actually release their next LP.
Hopefully they push their sound forward in a way that'll make fakes harder to create, which is what I think happened when The Campfire Headphase came out.
There are tons of noises and details in TH that I feel none of the fakers would feel like adding. I suspect that's what their next work is going to sound like too. It's not even the droning synths and the beats as much as the intricate 'ship-in-a-bottle' details that they make them with.
BOC generally don't see their music the same as the imitators do. The chameleons tend to paint with broader more stereotypical brush strokes and generalize the nostalgia concept that was once important to the bros.
Also side note, but what if Stargate comes out on May the 4th
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.
Echelon wrote:I wonder why BOC chose such an unreliable zine to feature them...unless they didn't and it's got nothing to do with them.
Either that or BOC and Stargate both share similar shifting deadlines
I imagine the market for 'zines is a really niche one these days that could probably get away with having a tri-monthly release time. Or maybe it isn't, I'm just an outsider here. Who do I look like, Reggie Rocket "Fire it up and show us what'cha got, Micus. Let's see if it's good enough for 'The Zine'"
Echelon wrote:I wonder why BOC chose such an unreliable zine to feature them...unless they didn't and it's got nothing to do with them.
Either that or BOC and Stargate both share similar shifting deadlines
I imagine the market for 'zines is a really niche one these days that could probably get away with having a tri-monthly release time. Or maybe it isn't, I'm just an outsider here. Who do I look like, Reggie Rocket "Fire it up and show us what'cha got, Micus. Let's see if it's good enough for 'The Zine'"
Ironically, referencing the raddest 2000s show on Nickelodeon is on topic since Devo did the theme song A shame the Rocket Power theme song didn't make Societas X Tape with the Mark Mothersbaugh writing credit
Warning: This numerology post is not to be taken 2 seriously.
Echelon wrote:Ironically, referencing the raddest 2000s show on Nickelodeon is on topic since Devo did the theme song A shame the Rocket Power theme song didn't make Societas X Tape with the Mark Mothersbaugh writing credit
Ummm... It was like actually written by The Wipeouters. I thought this was Twoism, not SHOOBism