Page 2 of 2

Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:31 pm
by EnforcedNo
The Avalanches-Since I Left You
great album, just relax and listen to the whole thing.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:53 am
by The Telepathic Kid
^
Not just great,

more like incredible

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 am
by Jonse
You might have heard before, and it's not new by any means, but I feel compelled to recommend Telefon Tel Aviv to just about anyone who likes BoC. The album Immolate Yourself comes from the same warm, "nostalgia"-y, thick and atmospheric sort of place that BoC albums come from, no questions about it. It's one of my favorites.

Another album I'd recommend is The Seven Fields of Aphelion - Periphery.

Nobody said Future Sound of London so far. Check out Dead Cities, fantastic record.

Also, since you're not asking for music mostly related in sound to Ambient Techno/IDM/what have you, and if you're not thrown off by a bit of harshness, I would recommend the album currently occupying my avatar space right now.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:17 am
by rainier
Hows about autechre?

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:27 am
by Julian Candy
I'm digging a lot of the stuff presented so far. :)

I'm curious if anyone knows of any bands similar to ones like Scars on Broadway, Celldweller or Blue Stahli?

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 am
by Synthestesia
Someone should make a thread where you post artists or albums you really like and anyone can respond with a set of artists or albums that they think would fit your taste or give you something new. I've thought about this idea for a while and I don't know if there has been anything simular already made. If someone else seconds this idea, i'll take a shot at making a thread.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:13 am
by bearhead
Synthestesia wrote:Someone should make a thread where you post artists or albums you really like and anyone can respond with a set of artists or albums that they think would fit your taste or give you something new. I've thought about this idea for a while and I don't know if there has been anything simular already made. If someone else seconds this idea, i'll take a shot at making a thread.


I put one together. :oops:

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:22 am
by noby
Synthestesia wrote:Someone should make a thread where you post artists or albums you really like and anyone can respond with a set of artists or albums that they think would fit your taste or give you something new. I've thought about this idea for a while and I don't know if there has been anything simular already made. If someone else seconds this idea, i'll take a shot at making a thread.

I actually thought that's what this thread was about...

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:26 am
by Synthestesia
noby wrote:
Synthestesia wrote:Someone should make a thread where you post artists or albums you really like and anyone can respond with a set of artists or albums that they think would fit your taste or give you something new. I've thought about this idea for a while and I don't know if there has been anything simular already made. If someone else seconds this idea, i'll take a shot at making a thread.

I actually thought that's what this thread was about...
I thought we were giving suggestions for a specific person, Julian Candy

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm
by EnforcedNo
rainier wrote:Hows about autechre?

yes
and massive attack

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:39 pm
by Cupz
from mah cellphones favourites, skipping the obvious:

!!!
Alan Braxe
Appletree Theatre
dDamage
Dorian Concept
Dose One
Emperor Penguin
International Pony
Jackson and his computerband
Johnny l
Kettel
Nathan Fake
Onra
Palmbomen
Plone
Secede
Siriusmo
Speedy J
The orange alabaster mushroom
Triste Janero
VHShead
Wevie Stonder

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:28 pm
by North by North
Com Truise ("In Decay" is my fav)- Synth-wave, 80's nostalgia (with a little BoC flavor mixed in). I believe Seth himself was an active Towism member back in the day (before he got signed to Ghostly International), posting under his Sarin Sunday alias. Both his Sarin Sunday and Airliner projects have a lot of BoC influence as well and Seth has admitted his love for the brothers from the start.

Sarin Sunday is a little more subdued/ambient/nostalgic kind of stuff, while Airliner is a little more up-uty. A Sarin Sunday LP can be found for free download (along with a large lists of other artists) at http://www.archaichorizon.com. You can also score a SS EP on his Com Truise website (http://comtruise.com/2011/05/sarin-sund ... before-us/), along with an Airliner EP as well (http://comtruise.com/2010/10/airliner-s ... t-pt-1-ep/).

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:11 pm
by pianoforte
rainier wrote:The microphones
Unwound
Olivia tremor control
Built to spill


^^ some excellent recommendations there. Unwound and OTC are particularly excellent.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:28 pm
by North by North
pianoforte wrote:
rainier wrote:The microphones
Unwound
Olivia tremor control
Built to spill


^^ some excellent recommendations there. Unwound and OTC are particularly excellent.


Agree on the Unwound. I'll have to give OTC and The Mircophones a try.

Posted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:06 pm
by bearhead
North by North wrote:
pianoforte wrote:
rainier wrote:The microphones
Unwound
Olivia tremor control
Built to spill


^^ some excellent recommendations there. Unwound and OTC are particularly excellent.


Agree on the Unwound. I'll have to give OTC and The Mircophones a try.


Listen to Dusk at Cubist Castle first whenever you do.

Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:29 pm
by mono
I'm guessing everybody already knows this one, but Brian Eno & Jon Hassell's Possible Musics is really really great. There's even a track with vaguely BoC-ish sounds.

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:52 pm
by solar_bleaching
...you may give us a try :wink:
http://h-h-hibrida.bandcamp.com/

Judging from your iTunes list, you might like some of what we do. In our band profile in Google Play they list Akira Yamaoka as a similar artist, and also I will not deny that there's some influence from My Bloody Valentine and Boards of Canada on our music.

Our newest album:
-Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/album/4k74iLhe2GTzEfn803G4Vu
-Juno: http://www.junodownload.com/products/hi ... 189726-02/
-Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Permafrost/dp/B00CC28ZVA
http://www.amazon.com/Permafrost/dp/B00CC1LQBM/
-Beatport: http://www.beatport.com/release/permafrost/1090188
-Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... qtkdlgqvxm

Also, I'd really like some feedback from other fellow BOC fans... Should I create a new topic or will it be too spammy? (it's my first day as a forum member -though I've been lurking for years)

Posted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:33 pm
by var (x)

Posted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:05 pm
by In_The_Annexe