Page 2 of 2

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:59 pm
by 1969
this Tycho guy ( i have been round long) seems ok, his music is bocish but not as good, his music is good but only after one listen.

i love his website and artwork though.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:10 pm
by SallyBear
ahh now the artwork for the posters is great, but he seems so plastic in comparison to boc, he has no personal sound its just all imitation, im sure hes a nice bloke, people say so but his music just seems like someone copying something else, theres no heart or soul in his music

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:19 pm
by thedisavowed
I don't know, I dont' really have a problem with it. But to each his own... :)

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:19 pm
by nlogax
he's playing in LA (with Landau) in a week; i'll let you guys know how it went.. so far, i'm not impressed with his sound though..

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:25 pm
by ross adey
i actualy think he's ok. dictaphones lament is the only tune that kind of annoys me.
he's always left me cool comments so, i don't really have many bad words to say about the guy.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:49 pm
by Aesthetics
nlogax wrote:he's playing in LA (with Landau) in a week; i'll let you guys know how it went.. so far, i'm not impressed with his sound though..


Please DO record Landau!!:1:
I so really, really want to hear them playing live.. I guess they take their orchestra with them on stage.

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 pm
by ExitEuXa
For me Tycho is an ok guy. 8)

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:57 pm
by The Other
yeah there is such malice for him by some people...its almost like its personal...which it maybe i dont really know

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:47 pm
by ExitEuXa
The Other wrote:yeah there is such malice for him by some people...its almost like its personal...which it maybe i dont really know


Jealousy i think, ok he has BoC influences, but BoC is influenced also like all musicians. :)

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:31 am
by hills west
i havent thought of tycho since last i looked at this thread.... a blissful period indeed

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:49 am
by SallyBear
Jealousy i think, ok he has BoC influences, but BoC is influenced also like all musicians.


theres boc influenced music and theres damn right copying, as I said nothing personal against the guy I just think his music has no feeling or soul, it seems fake and plastic to me. If he did what he did and then added his own stamp something unique or individual I would LOVE his music but its too samey.

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:41 am
by ExitEuXa
SallyBear wrote:
Jealousy i think, ok he has BoC influences, but BoC is influenced also like all musicians.


theres boc influenced music and theres damn right copying, as I said nothing personal against the guy I just think his music has no feeling or soul, it seems fake and plastic to me. If he did what he did and then added his own stamp something unique or individual I would LOVE his music but its too samey.


Lot's of electronic music is boringly similar SallyBear. :lol:

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:50 am
by SallyBear
I agree and thats why I dont like it all, but his is more than just similar, its far too samey, it just never rand true in my opinion, heartless souless and like a poor mans boc

anyway far too much chatter about Tycho im off to listen to some Terence Fixmer to wake myself up