Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:04 am
it took me forever to hear the little 'we have liftoff' sample at the start of the odd nosdam remix of dayvan cowboy
re-phaelam-ed wrote:ive noticed i havent even gotten CLOSE to being tired of this stuff.
17 years and still digging it all [except for headphase...still just cant get into it]
nick47 wrote:About a year ago I realized that its a xylophone in peacock tail starting at 2min. great little melody too
Torn n Frayed wrote:irv wrote:Torn n Frayed wrote:Distant Nebulus wrote:Torn n Frayed wrote:During the last 2 minutes of Satellite Anthem Icarus you can hear the first 2 words of the title repeated slowly in time with the music in a vocoded voice.
Huh? I've never heard that....
From 4:13 to the end, it's very very faint!
You must have magical ears! I can't hear that at all
Come on now, try harder! I guess for me it helps having a massive PA to play it over but I can still hear it on headphones, anyone else care to back me up on this?
TOYOTAセ wrote:The clicking sound in Kid For Today is a Slide Projector.
Radiobuzz wrote:Stickyfingers72 wrote:I don't hear any birds... Just the
percussion making it appear that way.
I originally realised it was there around the 3:10-3:15 mark, if you're using headphones you can hear some sort of very faint scratching noises. Once you realise it's there and you hear the whole track you can hear they're actually birds. I believe what happens is the music itself doesn't completely occupy the whole left-center-right space and it's a little on the background, so to say, so the chirping being so soft fills the rest of the space but it's not immediately noticeable.
I'm also adding something I wrote in another thread some days ago about a backward melody I never noticed before on '84 Pontiac Dream:There is a backwards melody at around 01:34 in '84 Pontiac Dream, you can hear it on the left channel. If you reverse it you get this.
bravo777 wrote:Torn n Frayed wrote:irv wrote:Torn n Frayed wrote:Distant Nebulus wrote:Torn n Frayed wrote:During the last 2 minutes of Satellite Anthem Icarus you can hear the first 2 words of the title repeated slowly in time with the music in a vocoded voice.
Huh? I've never heard that....
From 4:13 to the end, it's very very faint!
You must have magical ears! I can't hear that at all
Come on now, try harder! I guess for me it helps having a massive PA to play it over but I can still hear it on headphones, anyone else care to back me up on this?
I really wanna hear this...
cubistking1906 wrote:There's an entire chorus of female voices drenched in reverb in the intro to Dayvan Cowboy. It took a monster dose and some good headphones for me to realize it a few years back.
plasselb wrote:cubistking1906 wrote:There's an entire chorus of female voices drenched in reverb in the intro to Dayvan Cowboy. It took a monster dose and some good headphones for me to realize it a few years back.
Yeah I think I know what you're talking about... you can hear it especially right before the 'drop'(god I hate that word but I don't know what else to call it)
egbdf wrote:plasselb wrote:cubistking1906 wrote:There's an entire chorus of female voices drenched in reverb in the intro to Dayvan Cowboy. It took a monster dose and some good headphones for me to realize it a few years back.
Yeah I think I know what you're talking about... you can hear it especially right before the 'drop'(god I hate that word but I don't know what else to call it)
I'm unable to pick that out. Is it layered speaking or is it singing? And I assume you mean before the drums (or even the main melody) come in?
Stickyfingers72 wrote:egbdf wrote:plasselb wrote:cubistking1906 wrote:There's an entire chorus of female voices drenched in reverb in the intro to Dayvan Cowboy. It took a monster dose and some good headphones for me to realize it a few years back.
Yeah I think I know what you're talking about... you can hear it especially right before the 'drop'(god I hate that word but I don't know what else to call it)
I'm unable to pick that out. Is it layered speaking or is it singing? And I assume you mean before the drums (or even the main melody) come in?
Wonderful Singing. Still think this is the best BOC tune by a country mile.
egbdf wrote:plasselb wrote:cubistking1906 wrote:There's an entire chorus of female voices drenched in reverb in the intro to Dayvan Cowboy. It took a monster dose and some good headphones for me to realize it a few years back.
Yeah I think I know what you're talking about... you can hear it especially right before the 'drop'(god I hate that word but I don't know what else to call it)
I'm unable to pick that out. Is it layered speaking or is it singing? And I assume you mean before the drums (or even the main melody) come in?
plasselb wrote:egbdf wrote:plasselb wrote:cubistking1906 wrote:There's an entire chorus of female voices drenched in reverb in the intro to Dayvan Cowboy. It took a monster dose and some good headphones for me to realize it a few years back.
Yeah I think I know what you're talking about... you can hear it especially right before the 'drop'(god I hate that word but I don't know what else to call it)
I'm unable to pick that out. Is it layered speaking or is it singing? And I assume you mean before the drums (or even the main melody) come in?
It comes right to the front at 2:02-2:09... sounds like an angelic choir