Page 2 of 2
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:29 pm
by paul
rainier wrote:It's almost unwatchable without the mst3k commentary, but I feel like Manos: the Hands of Fate belongs on this list. I guess a lot of those movies do, but Manos is a standout.
I actually dated a guy who looked like Torgo for awhile.
agreed! while i own every episode of MST3K (yup - on 35 DVDs) ... Manos definitely takes the cake. Prince Of Space and Puma Man are also pretty hideous.
sorry about the Torgo thing ... hopefully at least that hideous music didn't play whenever he walked.
Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:38 pm
by rainier
I don't know what Christmas would be without Santa Claus vs The Martians.
Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 am
by pianoforte
rainier wrote:I don't know what Christmas would be without Santa Claus vs The Martians.
omigosh i think i love youuuuuuuuuu.........
I think I remember Mexicola talking about something called "Attack of the Lesbian Martian Braineaters" as a theoretical Bad Movie, and I was half tempted to make something like that someday because that sounds like it could be really good in a bad way.
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:28 am
by fujee
I absolutely love it but some people think it's the worst film ever made. So maybe it belongs in this thread: Bring me the head of Alfredo Garcia.
Posted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 am
by A_Northern_Soul
^ great film!
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:06 pm
by THE BOB
Escape from New York
Jack Frost (the horror movie with a killer snowman. there's a quiz at the end!)
looking for other christmas-y good/bad stuff. might be time for Die Hard.
Posted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:16 pm
by WeHadNormality
THE BOB wrote:Escape from New York
Have you seen Escape From LA? Jesus! That surfing scene man! It's terrible. Escape From New York is a masterpiece compared to that crock 'o' shit.
THE BOB wrote:might be time for Die Hard.
That film is brilliant purely because of Alan Rickman's performance. Hans Gruber is one of best villains of all time.
Now I have a machine gun.
HO - HO - HO
Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 pm
by The Telepathic Kid
But
again Hobo, like Black Dynamite, is meant as a pastiche, a take off, an attempt at being so bad it's good, which it is successful in doing.
But then again I ask, what are we enjoying these movies for? Is there an underlying reason or methodology in our brains which attracts us to stuff like this? Is there a reason to say why other than "It's so bad it's good", because that's not really an answer, it's more of dodging the question, giving a stock answer.
I mean I have guilty pleasures, like bad schlocky horror films like a lot of the stuff posted here. I enjoy a lot of them on a comedic level, and the gore is like a stupid over the top treat.
I dunno, just some ideas I'm puttin' out there. It's an interesting topic to think about, why our brains do stuff.