Re: Could this be a farewell?
Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:34 pm
Valotonin wrote:Could this be a farewell?
No.
Valotonin wrote:Could this be a farewell?
lukalukaluka wrote:I think tonight just closed this thread.
The Telepathic Kid wrote:afx is probably just happy with dj money.

nick47 wrote:To be honest, I think its a good idea to assume we will not get anything for another 8 years.
Thats what I have convinced myself of. Now, anything sooner will be an awesome surprise
Aerial Boundaries wrote:nick47 wrote:To be honest, I think its a good idea to assume we will not get anything for another 8 years.
Thats what I have convinced myself of. Now, anything sooner will be an awesome surprise
Hope for the best, expect the worst kind of situation I suppose.
But, they indicated that what took them so long was setting up their new studios and cataloging their work, as well as fatherhood. So I have a feeling it will be sooner than that. They even said they were surprised when they looked back and realised just how much time had passed.
Opothecary wrote:I think if skipping the somewhat expected followup EP this year would lead to getting a new album in another 2 years, I'd be all for that. I remember the long wait. I don't want to go through anything like that again, the only good thing to be said is that Trans Canada Highway was the last release for a long time, rather than leaving it at The Campfire Headphase. Could you imagine that being the last release before the lean years?
several wrote:nick47 wrote:I dont know where this memory comes from but...
I believe with the release of tomorrows harvest, BoC fulfilled their contractual obligations with WARP. There MIGHT be another EP in there, but I really have no clue.
Now, that does not mean that they are finished making music, just up for another signing.
Boards have indeed said they will never stop making music, but that does not mean they will always release it.
Something I havent been able to stop thinking about though is something they said in an interview. Something along the lines of "BoC is the tip of the iceberg" which makes me think theyre interested in film making and other art, shit maybe even paintings.
But I find it highly unlikely that they will make it known to us that they are responsible for this film or that drawing, because they want people to appreciate it for what it is, not because its from the guys who make up BoC. Im almost certain they will use a fake name. So, how do we know that they have not already done something like this, and its just waiting to be discovered?
Sorry for the random block o text![]()
BoC are secretly BMSR
Iced Cooly Beatnik wrote:Any album ending with a track called "Farewell Fire" as well as that long a wait would have left a lot of us feeling hopeless for 8 years. I did read a good few posts on other forums saying that that was essentially an announcement of retirement.
Forgive my ignorance: who are BMSR?twosm wrote:several wrote:nick47 wrote:BoC are secretly BMSR
It's pretty weird that i'm not the only one whose had this exact thought before. This can't be true, can it?
twosm wrote:several wrote:nick47 wrote:I dont know where this memory comes from but...
I believe with the release of tomorrows harvest, BoC fulfilled their contractual obligations with WARP. There MIGHT be another EP in there, but I really have no clue.
Now, that does not mean that they are finished making music, just up for another signing.
Boards have indeed said they will never stop making music, but that does not mean they will always release it.
Something I havent been able to stop thinking about though is something they said in an interview. Something along the lines of "BoC is the tip of the iceberg" which makes me think theyre interested in film making and other art, shit maybe even paintings.
But I find it highly unlikely that they will make it known to us that they are responsible for this film or that drawing, because they want people to appreciate it for what it is, not because its from the guys who make up BoC. Im almost certain they will use a fake name. So, how do we know that they have not already done something like this, and its just waiting to be discovered?
Sorry for the random block o text![]()
BoC are secretly BMSR
It's pretty weird that i'm not the only one whose had this exact thought before. This can't be true, can it?
twosm wrote:several wrote:nick47 wrote:I dont know where this memory comes from but...
I believe with the release of tomorrows harvest, BoC fulfilled their contractual obligations with WARP. There MIGHT be another EP in there, but I really have no clue.
Now, that does not mean that they are finished making music, just up for another signing.
Boards have indeed said they will never stop making music, but that does not mean they will always release it.
Something I havent been able to stop thinking about though is something they said in an interview. Something along the lines of "BoC is the tip of the iceberg" which makes me think theyre interested in film making and other art, shit maybe even paintings.
But I find it highly unlikely that they will make it known to us that they are responsible for this film or that drawing, because they want people to appreciate it for what it is, not because its from the guys who make up BoC. Im almost certain they will use a fake name. So, how do we know that they have not already done something like this, and its just waiting to be discovered?
Sorry for the random block o text![]()
BoC are secretly BMSR
It's pretty weird that i'm not the only one whose had this exact thought before. This can't be true, can it?
nick47 wrote:several wrote:nick47 wrote:I dont know where this memory comes from but...
I believe with the release of tomorrows harvest, BoC fulfilled their contractual obligations with WARP. There MIGHT be another EP in there, but I really have no clue.
Now, that does not mean that they are finished making music, just up for another signing.
Boards have indeed said they will never stop making music, but that does not mean they will always release it.
Something I havent been able to stop thinking about though is something they said in an interview. Something along the lines of "BoC is the tip of the iceberg" which makes me think theyre interested in film making and other art, shit maybe even paintings.
But I find it highly unlikely that they will make it known to us that they are responsible for this film or that drawing, because they want people to appreciate it for what it is, not because its from the guys who make up BoC. Im almost certain they will use a fake name. So, how do we know that they have not already done something like this, and its just waiting to be discovered?
Sorry for the random block o text![]()
BoC are secretly BMSR
![]()
![]()
I like your sense of humor
several wrote:thanks
i think once BoC is done with warp, they would be fine self releasing stuff. they have the money (and if they don't have the money, they have the fans to give them the money via crowdfunding or something similar to that)
once they're done with warp, i really wouldn't be that worried