Page 2 of 5

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:54 pm
by chronical
drillkicker wrote:
ScienceGuy wrote:Facebook. Top comment under BoC's post about the Sisters remix. If you hover over the like button, it shows who liked the post. Boards of Canada shows up as the first like.

So basically this means that we will one day see a sixth Boards of Canada LP sometime in the eventual future. Very helpful information, BoC!

21st century release confirmed :lol:

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:50 pm
by Berselius
arvy wrote:I always had a weird feel that TH had two double more music to come, combined with other hints through all the TH, I think it will be and possibly sooner than expected


I always had that weird feeling that they released 2 or 3 albums in 2013 but we only found one of them, the others are somewhere hidden on the web...

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:53 pm
by ryetronics
I remember them liking a similar Facebook post about 3 or 4 years before Tomorrow's Harvest came out. Point being, don't read too much into it regarding an imminent release.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:23 pm
by b0qurant
chronical wrote:
drillkicker wrote:
ScienceGuy wrote:Facebook. Top comment under BoC's post about the Sisters remix. If you hover over the like button, it shows who liked the post. Boards of Canada shows up as the first like.

So basically this means that we will one day see a sixth Boards of Canada LP sometime in the eventual future. Very helpful information, BoC!

21st century release confirmed :lol:


I was thinking the same thing ... this is probably the first of many (very 21st-century) "hints" to the album's existence.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:42 pm
by Ectonaut
ryetronics wrote:I remember them liking a similar Facebook post about 3 or 4 years before Tomorrow's Harvest came out. Point being, don't read too much into it regarding an imminent release.


Actually that was roughly a year before the TH release campaign ensued

https://mobile.facebook.com/boardsofcan ... wtopic.php

Personally, I think this is great news. It is not important if they release stuff tomorrow or in 10 years; the mere fact that they still seem be planning on releasing more stuff rather than quiting is enough to keep me happy.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:32 pm
by chronical
Ectonaut wrote:
ryetronics wrote:I remember them liking a similar Facebook post about 3 or 4 years before Tomorrow's Harvest came out. Point being, don't read too much into it regarding an imminent release.


Actually that was roughly a year before the TH release campaign ensued

https://mobile.facebook.com/boardsofcan ... wtopic.php

Personally, I think this is great news. It is not important if they release stuff tomorrow or in 10 years; the mere fact that they still seem be planning on releasing more stuff rather than quiting is enough to keep me happy.

Well yeah but that much was already established through the interviews during the TH release I think. They did say they'd follow up with something and mdg confirmed a new website with info on their upcoming "stuff" too so .. yeah. It'll happen. I just don't want to wait that long again :shock: :lol:

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:09 am
by drillkicker
chronical wrote:
drillkicker wrote:
ScienceGuy wrote:Facebook. Top comment under BoC's post about the Sisters remix. If you hover over the like button, it shows who liked the post. Boards of Canada shows up as the first like.

So basically this means that we will one day see a sixth Boards of Canada LP sometime in the eventual future. Very helpful information, BoC!

21st century release confirmed :lol:

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions that quickly !

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:41 am
by Fredd-E
Even without that like we can safely assume there's a new LP coming. I wouldn't know why they would have stopped making music.

It's not about IF but WHEN.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:03 pm
by drixlin
DW wrote:BOC and HL3 clues on the same week.


Confirmed: BoC's anticipated "black box" release was, indeed, HL3 soundtrack. :mrgreen:

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:49 pm
by 747Music
thepastinsidepressant wrote:
green calx wrote:Geogaddi 5 confirmed!1


where?


It was within us all along... :shock:

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:39 am
by Jonse
What Mark said.

I never assumed the hiatus was anything but that. BoC working schedule is probably back to the normal 2-4 year wait time for some time.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:06 am
by timestoad
I don't get why people think that BoC used to work to a release schedule of every X-Y years or LP, EP, LP, EP etc. before TH and that they should get back to it. Maybe they're just two brothers who make music and see where it goes and release it if they want to. :]

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:44 pm
by Valotonin
They are patient. Music tends to work at its own pace.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:57 pm
by warphead
timestoad wrote:I don't get why people think that BoC used to work to a release schedule of every X-Y years or LP, EP, LP, EP etc. before TH and that they should get back to it. Maybe they're just two brothers who make music and see where it goes and release it if they want to. :]


exactly my thoughts

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:02 am
by Fredd-E
Soon. Mark my words.
Spoiler: show
where soon = "another 8 years"

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:52 pm
by Wonder Spunion
Oh thank goodness. Is it fanatical to say I need a new BOC album, or is it in the same vein as why they need to write another album? I'm not sure. However, I pray they can just be themselves, at face value, to purely create music, the way they envision it. I long for the old flow of BOC.

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:24 pm
by john fonda
the last campaign must have taken a long time to plan and organize

something to ponder maybe

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 7:32 pm
by vanlorne
john fonda wrote:the last campaign must have taken a long time to plan and organize

something to ponder maybe


Whats your definition of "a long time"?

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:37 pm
by Twoist
john fonda wrote:the last campaign must have taken a long time to plan and organize

something to ponder maybe


Neil Krug was contacted by Warp in spring of 2013. RSD that year was April 20th. Doesn't look like the planning for the TH release took that long.

http://www.52-insights.com/neil-krug-an ... e-in-time/

Re: So a new album is confirmed?

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:20 pm
by valleaux
Exciting news/clue/hint/vague smoke signal. I estimate it'll be out within the next couple of years. :D What vein do you think this album will go in? I'm expecting a sort of Tomorrow's Harvest 2, or maybe a whole new style all together. Or they could pull a fast one and go full Campfire Headphase again.