Re: Kaleidoscope leak
Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:09 pm
Great outcome!
Thermospore wrote:Good news everyone! I got through to the person who manufactured the scopes. Apparently they manufacture the scopes in a special way, and it would be quite difficult to repair the leak. They said they still manufacture the same form factor of scope, and that if I sent mine to them they would bust out the BoC paper insert and the trinkets and whatnot in the liquid suspension and put them in a new casing!
In any other case that would feel quite sacrilegious (to smash open a priceless BOC artifact), but I guess as it's the original manufacturer, they are keeping all the original inserts, and they are using their same outer casing, I should be able to justify it in my heart.
It was almost surreal to talk to the person who made these mythical Geogaddi kaleidoscopes! They recalled that only a very small amount of them were manufactured. They mentioned they were unaware of what exactly Boards of Canada was, thinking perhaps it was some sort of political/government thing. It was very cool to talk with them!
Wildfire wrote:Thermospore wrote:Good news everyone! I got through to the person who manufactured the scopes. Apparently they manufacture the scopes in a special way, and it would be quite difficult to repair the leak. They said they still manufacture the same form factor of scope, and that if I sent mine to them they would bust out the BoC paper insert and the trinkets and whatnot in the liquid suspension and put them in a new casing!
In any other case that would feel quite sacrilegious (to smash open a priceless BOC artifact), but I guess as it's the original manufacturer, they are keeping all the original inserts, and they are using their same outer casing, I should be able to justify it in my heart.
It was almost surreal to talk to the person who made these mythical Geogaddi kaleidoscopes! They recalled that only a very small amount of them were manufactured. They mentioned they were unaware of what exactly Boards of Canada was, thinking perhaps it was some sort of political/government thing. It was very cool to talk with them!
That's awesome.
Thermospore wrote:nick47 wrote:Drink it, then you get to see kaleidoscopic hexagons forever
Not gunna lie, when I realized it was leaking I was like "if my kaliedoscope is gonna leak, then I'd better get som'n good out of it. Doubt any other BoC fan has tasted the gook inside the Geogaddi promo scope..." so I licked a drop off my finger. No ragrets.
Maybe I don't have a cool MHTRTC or Geogaddi promo cassette, but I betcha I'm one of like two people on the planet to taste that gook.
Cupz wrote:Who made them? I might want one without the geogaddi print.
Mexicola wrote:Just occurred to me. Wonder how many n00bs click on this thread thinking Kaleidoscope is a new track.
Valotonin wrote:
Alternate version of gyroscope leak!
My gyroscope that is unusual and alternate to the regular ones due to the fact it utilises fluids is leaking, send help! )-:
Mexicola wrote:Just occurred to me. Wonder how many n00bs click on this thread thinking Kaleidoscope is a new track.
Thermospore wrote:My Geogaddi Kaleidoscope arrived in the mail today! Unfortunately, when I opened the package I was greeted by some sort of oily liquid all over the inside of the bubble wrap. I'm not really sure if any liquid could have gotten there if it wasn't from the kaliedoscope, but who knows.
After cleaning it off I wrapped it in paper towels and had it sit in various positions for a few hours, but nothing leaked at all... There is an air bubble inside the liquid, but it seems like some other peoples pictures of the kaleidoscope have varying degrees of air bubbles and others have none.
Are the kaliedoscopes supposed to be air bubble free? Do you think the liquid was from the kaleidoscope?
edit: fixed image links
Mexicola wrote:I pinged him a message through his Soundcloud page as it doesn't look like he's been on here in a while. Let's see if he comes back with some info for us
Thermospore wrote:Good news everyone! I got through to the person who manufactured the scopes. Apparently they manufacture the scopes in a special way, and it would be quite difficult to repair the leak. They said they still manufacture the same form factor of scope, and that if I sent mine to them they would bust out the BoC paper insert and the trinkets and whatnot in the liquid suspension and put them in a new casing!
In any other case that would feel quite sacrilegious (to smash open a priceless BOC artifact), but I guess as it's the original manufacturer, they are keeping all the original inserts, and they are using their same outer casing, I should be able to justify it in my heart.
It was almost surreal to talk to the person who made these mythical Geogaddi kaleidoscopes! They recalled that only a very small amount of them were manufactured. They mentioned they were unaware of what exactly Boards of Canada was, thinking perhaps it was some sort of political/government thing. It was very cool to talk with them!