Page 2 of 2

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:30 am
by The Spaniard
WaitingFor_22 wrote:It's a kid saying "Lake". You can hear it in episode 2852 from Sesame Street at 11:58.

[media]https://youtu.be/9j4kXWTJXLE?t=716[/media]

The kid says "Lake" three times in this segment, first at 10:51, then at 11:35 and finally at 11:58. It is possible that the sample comes from the first timestamp but I think it's the last one.

Needless to say, the sample appears at 00:48 in Roygbiv.


I am more interested in knowing how you were able to find this source than about the finding itself.

Please, explain.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:59 am
by WaitingFor_22
The Spaniard wrote:I am more interested in knowing how you were able to find this source than about the finding itself.

Please, explain.

Someone on this forum noticed some years ago that there was one particular episode from SS that contained every SS sample used by boc (the ones that were known at the time). This one. So there could still be more samples used by boc in that video.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:03 am
by WaitingFor_22
Regarding the Oscar See Through Red Eye sample, I'm actually the one who said that there were some shared sounds between the Bad Day video and the song lol. I still think there are many sounds that sound like they were recreated and used in OSTRE, but since people aren't hearing it maybe I'm hearing things that are not there.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:26 am
by The Spaniard
WaitingFor_22 wrote:
The Spaniard wrote:I am more interested in knowing how you were able to find this source than about the finding itself.

Please, explain.

Someone on this forum noticed some years ago that there was one particular episode from SS that contained every SS sample used by boc (the ones that were known at the time). This one. So there could still be more samples used by boc in that video.


Thanks for the explanation!

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:48 am
by funnnnpng
Wow, good job! I don't think this has been found before. Someone update bocpages !

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:34 pm
by 2020k
ALL THIS TIME THE KID IS SAYING LAKE!? Gonna have a crisis.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:21 pm
by funnnnpng
I am really confused about how this wasn't found sooner. It's literally in the same episode as the most well known boc samples.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:17 pm
by Navaru
Wow, what an episode. Maybe they predominantly used this one because of the Twin Peaks skit at the end. Super weird to reference a TV series about rape and murder during a kids show in general. Anywho, at 44:20 ish there’s a neat little ambient melody played while a lure is being displayed. It sounds like the vignette used at 1:10:10 on Societas which was by some guy named Morgan Page. Maybe he sampled from the same episode and that’s why they used it.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:19 pm
by Navaru
Additionally, at 42:58 the Grandpa says “Ready Lets Go”

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:11 pm
by timestoad
Navaru wrote:Additionally, at 42:58 the Grandpa says “Ready Lets Go”



And a few seconds after, the kid says "I live in a village called Noatak"

Noatak is one of the songs on Hooper Bay https://bocpages.org/wiki/Noatak

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:32 pm
by fujee
2020k wrote:ALL THIS TIME THE KID IS SAYING LAKE!? Gonna have a crisis.


Lol yes, I thought it was 'safe' or 'mate'. Turns out the brothers aren't the geezers I thought they were.

Re: Roygbiv kid sample found

Posted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:49 pm
by WaitingFor_22
funnnnpng wrote:I am really confused about how this wasn't found sooner. It's literally in the same episode as the most well known boc samples.

That's because this particular segment was not on youtube before this upload a few months ago.