Page 2 of 2
Re: In the Annexe synth reduced to reveal underlying sample
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:11 pm
by IronMark
In other news, I've made a
Youtube video parsing all the information together on the samples discovered from this album!
Re: In the Annexe synth reduced to reveal underlying sample
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 4:16 pm
by ZosoCon
Re: In the Annexe synth reduced to reveal underlying sample
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:47 pm
by Fredd-E
oliveoil22 wrote:IronMark wrote:Amazing work all, I've wanted to find this for years, I can't believe we've done it.
oliveoil22, it might be an idea to edit the thread title to indicate we've found it?
Here's the passage from the sampled track:
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/wdL7C
I don't see an option to do so yet, maybe a mod could?
Edited the topic title.
Edited the wiki article too:
https://bocpages.org/wiki/In_The_AnnexeFeel free to ameliorate it as you see fit.
Re: In the Annexe (sample source discovered)
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 5:30 am
by oliveoil22
Well then! Here's another discovery Jason420 on the TMW discord server (the magic window) heard the fainter, "alternate" kids laughing sample in IABPOITC (Much more audible in the ATP version) in the first track on the Children's Singing Games album:
The sample:
[media]https://youtu.be/x6zXtOOkfOI?t=303[/media]
Where it occurs in the track:
[media]https://youtu.be/mgyUxGfEBKg?t=220[/media]
Now to find the main laughing loop... I do hear some stray notes around the tune of B throughout the clip, easy to hear here:
[media]https://youtu.be/mgyUxGfEBKg?t=12[/media]
So perhaps sampled from an intro of a song or it's just something like a car horn in the background if it's indeed just a field recording? I'll listen through the whole Saydisc LP to see but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be from there.