Page 2 of 2

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:41 pm
by Archrival
isawdrones wrote:
Archrival wrote:I just have to say how fantastic this album is, its so poetic and beautiful. Its like a journey through this world/life but from another view in a psychedelic way.

Just look at the beautiful name of the intro to the album "into the rainbow vein", how beautiful is that?. I really feel and think that BOC are perfectionists when it comes to concepts/feelings/sounds/moods of their albums. The title track describes the setting and the start of the album with both its name and the sound and the mood of the track. Its feels like someone putting a kind of spell on you and you are being sucked into this roadtrippy world of TCH. Perfect intro. The name itself is also PERFECT, "into the rainbow vein" tells you what you are going into in an excellent way because EVERY coming track of TCH have a distinct color, and you are definitly going into the rainbow vein, with all the colors being displayed here.

What about the name The Campfire Headphase? what do you think of it when you u hear it? at first I thought it was a bit dull but now im loving it, its just beautiful...how would you describe The campfire headphase name, you think of it like the major event in a campfire session? sorry but my english is very poor :D


To me this is the perfect album and to me it is 5 out 5.
Yeah I love the little intro tracks boc makes,...like "Ready Lets Go", it sounds like something you would say to a friend before you both dropped acid (which fits perfectly). The intro tracks always help me transition my attention from reality to the music.


The name "the campfire headphase"
is a label for the the perception and emotion of the album. "Headphase", a phase cant be permanent, so the album is telling a story of something that has passed, whether it was somthing the brothers felt or some imaginary story they created, prob a little bit of both.


Excellent post :D thats what im talking about, and that was my intention of this topic :D way to go

you understand me, im happy :D

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:45 pm
by Archrival
Chime Traveler wrote:Brilliant from start to finish…One of my most played CDs / LPs / mp3s and still very refreshing & stimulating with every listen. I’m fond of BOC’s progression and look forward to hearing where they head in the (hopefully not too distant) future…


you dont say :D:D:D

how do you interpret the name "the campfire headphase"?

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:22 pm
by polar sky
isawdrones wrote:The name "the campfire headphase"
is a label for the the perception and emotion of the album. "Headphase", a phase cant be permanent, so the album is telling a story of something that has passed, whether it was somthing the brothers felt or some imaginary story they created, prob a little bit of both.


It is a story indeed, I do think that, as well as you and the many others do too. I think when they wrote Geogaddi, that it was a story of depression/happiness/sadness and what they were feeling at the time when they were writing it (as told in many interviews). I think after Geogaddi they were feeling a little more up to building a new feeling, a good feeling of what had happened to them after Geogaddi. If it was having kids and starting a family, being with friends and making music.

The name and the music: Maybe it IS about the past, and all of the get togethers that they have shared by the fires they once built. Distant laughter and crackling coals in the smoked filled air...

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:19 pm
by YELLOW
nicely put polar :D

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:57 pm
by polar sky
YELLOW wrote:nicely put polar :D


Thank ya sir.

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:11 pm
by Lawrence
isawdrones wrote:"Headphase", <b>a phase cant be permanent, so the album is telling a story of something that has passed</b>, whether it was somthing the brothers felt or some imaginary story they created, prob a little bit of both.


But a phase can span the past present <i>and future</i>.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:00 am
by Archrival
nice nice :D I like the way this topic develop, its getting better :D

very very nice inputs by polar sky Lawrence. yeah a phase can span the past present and future

but I really like the phase your head goes thru when listening to TCH with headphones alone, on a hike in the mountains (on weed :)).

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:02 am
by Archrival
You are falling into the rainbow vein at the beginning of the journey, you see blurry turquoise colors from the chromakey dream you have in your mind, then you see new landscapes, a beautiful beach that you are walking past looking to the october skies, walking along the beach, strolling down, sitting down playing your guitar, chill air..the satellite anthem. Then you are closing your eyes and you come to a new dreamy lazy darker place ,tribal stuff the music develops like the peacocks tail, and the pics you get in your head is like that..then to the red and blue positive ride, you feel like a cowboy riding the dayvan, just smiling down the highway, what a climax, the euphoria, past blue skies!!!!..after this ride you really need a moment of clarity and you feel the shiny moment of clarity. Now its suddenly night time and you have dreams way back to your childhood in 84, those good old times, tv show memories, flashbacks, dark green..you remember it all..Sherbet head , look at the cover of TCH, thats it, thats sherbet head and then Archrival starts to see more clear, thru red eyes (dark red colors) Now you are in a tribal situation with indians and its an ending ritual a mountain top alone a indian is dancing, and chanting, very bare landscape on the mountain top, you hear it on ataronchronon, dawn. Hey now comes the morning and the saturday sun again and you come out from the dark into the blue light again, clear blue sky :D I mean even the constants are changing , and at the end tears are coming from the compound eye after the bird flew past slowly (dark blue). Farewell fire :lol:

Now thats a serious campfire headphase!!! sitting alone in the woods with closed eyes headphones and some weed and a campfire.

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:38 am
by kyriakos
beautiful album
i listen to it when its really sunny outside
like earlier today

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:08 am
by isawdrones
Lawrence wrote:
isawdrones wrote:"Headphase", <b>a phase cant be permanent, so the album is telling a story of something that has passed</b>, whether it was somthing the brothers felt or some imaginary story they created, prob a little bit of both.


But a phase can span the past present <i>and future</i>.

ussually your not aware of a phase until its gone, and ussually you can not label something until its gone.

Here's MY OPINION

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:40 am
by Sputnik
THC is more like eating Whiskas, I don't know, I've had pretty psychedelic experiences eating Whiskas, I regret nothing. My life's great




with Whiskas.

Also, try to avoid eating crisps with mint sauce, mate. It's bad for you, I don't know how can you do this kind of stuff. Just FEEL THE HEARTBURN mate.

ok, ta, goodbye

Re: Here's MY OPINION

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:51 am
by mechanismj
Sputnik wrote:THC is more like eating Whiskas, I don't know, I've had pretty psychedelic experiences eating Whiskas, I regret nothing. My life's great




with Whiskas.

Also, try to avoid eating crisps with mint sauce, mate. It's bad for you, I don't know how can you do this kind of stuff. Just FEEL THE HEARTBURN mate.

ok, ta, goodbye


Hmm. I think this should win most bizarre post of the day...

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:05 am
by harpoon dodger
I am so fucking baked. This topic is great though...Ill contribute at a later date :wink:

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:49 pm
by Archrival
hehe enjoy the ride Harpoon :D and report back later :D I was mega stoned when I wrote that other stuff , pooor me :D

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:55 pm
by Lawrence
isawdrones wrote:ussually your not aware of a phase until its gone, and ussually you can not label something until its gone.

You can be perfectly aware of a phase which has not yet entirely passed, for example my life is a phase, and I am aware of it's future. And you <i>can</i> label things which haven't yet gone, for example I'm labeling this website "Twoism" and it hasn't gone yet has it? Also, there are other meanings for the word "phase". The "phase" in "Headphase" could mean the verb to "synchronise" with/in the head/mind.

Re: The Campfire Headphase of all headphases

Posted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:28 am
by Archrival
Lawrence wrote:
isawdrones wrote:ussually your not aware of a phase until its gone, and ussually you can not label something until its gone.

You can be perfectly aware of a phase which has not yet entirely passed, for example my life is a phase, and I am aware of it's future. And you <i>can</i> label things which haven't yet gone, for example I'm labeling this website "Twoism" and it hasn't gone yet has it? Also, there are other meanings for the word "phase". The "phase" in "Headphase" could mean the verb to "syn chronise" with/in the head/mind.


whoa


this phase im enjoying

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:24 pm
by bleak.
my favourite album of theirs at this moment in time...beautiful.

Campfire headphase..

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:44 pm
by Totopatter
with each listen, I keep discovering...