Page 2 of 4

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:18 am
by infinite sevens
who does the 4:37 Stry Craty Bya and 8:48 Echo the Sun off of slsk?
I like those :/

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:22 pm
by playbyletters
infinite sevens wrote:who does the 4:37 Stry Craty Bya and 8:48 Echo the Sun off of slsk?
I like those :/

Stry...: Marumari
Echo...: No idea..

fds

Posted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 pm
by Moebius
playbyletters wrote:
infinite sevens wrote:who does the 4:37 Stry Craty Bya and 8:48 Echo the Sun off of slsk?
I like those :/

Stry...: Marumari
Echo...: No idea..

fds


Is Stry one of Eno Test or Parson, the old old old Marumari BoC fakes?

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:47 pm
by turquoise70
Just resurrecting this because my roommates had me look at their Hooper Bay tracks last night. I told them straight out I'd bet $100 easily they were fakes before listening but that I'd gladly check it out in case I'm wrong.

Well, they were fakes, but they weren't the same fake copy I had. The fake I had featured We Have A Map Of The Piano by Mum (I think that was the Mum track anyway). This fake didn't have any Mum, but both Seward Leaf and Point Hope were full tracks by Gelg (Look Around You). I was under the impression that the soundtrack to Look Around You wasn't for sale, so I was pleased to hear these tracks in full and in pretty good quality it seems.

Anyone else have info on this?

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:56 pm
by deadfly
Yes, those fakes have been around for a few years as well. Look Around You is available on DVD so maybe the music tracks are on there as extras or something.

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:10 pm
by The Friendly Stranger
I downloaded this version a while back too. Remember there were the Look Around You tracks but not sure what else. It's long gone from my machine now so I can't check. The look around you tracks by Gelg can be downloaded here http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/lookaroundyou/series1/media.shtml Just scroll to the bottom of the page.

Also you can get Machadaynu, Sexual Interface and The Rapping Song on the Series 2 site. Machadaynu makes me lol.

Posted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:34 am
by turquoise70
Awesome TFS, thanks!

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:06 am
by Twoism-ist
The fake I got once had Circle as a segment of "map of the piano", geiser was "Smell Memory" Seward Leaf was "Slow Bicycle"

I couldn't identify the other ones and I have deleted the tracks long ago, but. yeah.

There's a Seward Leaf video on youtube that doesn't match the track length but is pretty nonetheless. Pretty sure it was posted here some time back.

And thanks for posting those songs from Look Around You. Gotta love those synths.

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:05 am
by sithlord999
Joebot Kill wrote:one of the two seward leafs ive heard is awesome. its got one very warbly synth line. its SO boc sounding... how can it not be them?

I think the one you're talking about is by Dave From 2001. If I'm correct, it's the track labeled "mistake for Treeline" here:
http://www.robotanalysis.com/friends/d2k1/

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 am
by -Phil-
Not as BoC sounding as the fake "Focus on the spiral" from the fake Closes Vol. 1
It's the only fake that really sounds genuine to me.

Edit : it's "kidsfortoday" on the d2k1 page

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:51 pm
by turquoise70
davefrom2001 made some awesome tunes. i've been a fan since back when i was on the BoC yahoo group and downloaded all his stuff from there. I hope someday we'll hear more, his was special. no offense Twoism but one of df2001's tracks could put us all more or less in our place :p

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 pm
by Mexicola
turquoise70 wrote:davefrom2001 made some awesome tunes. i've been a fan since back when i was on the BoC yahoo group and downloaded all his stuff from there. I hope someday we'll hear more, his was special. no offense Twoism but one of df2001's tracks could put us all more or less in our place :p


So where do we find his stuff? Anyone?

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 pm
by turquoise70

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:56 pm
by 23degreesdream
turquoise70 wrote:davefrom2001 made some awesome tunes. i've been a fan since back when i was on the BoC yahoo group and downloaded all his stuff from there. I hope someday we'll hear more, his was special. no offense Twoism but one of df2001's tracks could put us all more or less in our place :p


I agree- they're great tracks - I don't mind admitting i was fooled by the 'Focus on the spiral' fake (Kidsfortoday) at the time - i knew it wasn't the real closes track but thought it was a lost 'Old Tune..'. I like the tongue-in-cheek song titles too

Posted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:17 pm
by Mexicola


Thank you kindly! :D

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:54 am
by Jakerpoo
-Phil- wrote:Not as BoC sounding as the fake "Focus on the spiral" from the fake Closes Vol. 1
It's the only fake that really sounds genuine to me.

Edit : it's "kidsfortoday" on the d2k1 page


dude there is no way that that song is not BoC

no fucking way

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:00 pm
by -Phil-
Totally
When listening to this directory of d2k1, some can sound close to BoC, like a fan music, but you can tell it's not.
This one kidsfortoday actually is BoC music. (to me)

Posted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:20 pm
by CoBoC
What is that 'mistake for treeline' track? It's awesome.

Posted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:24 am
by Jakerpoo
-Phil- wrote:Totally
When listening to this directory of d2k1, some can sound close to BoC, like a fan music, but you can tell it's not.
This one kidsfortoday actually is BoC music. (to me)


new boc alias anyone?

Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:27 pm
by turquoise70
Hey, I resurrecting this again because I still have a fake track from Hooper Bay that I need identified, and I couldn't find the info for it on Bocpages (I tried the Hooper Bay page and the Known Fakes page)

It's labeled Noatak, and it's 8:39 in length. It's a heavy, beat-driven track with bendy synths that sound a little like some early Autechre funk-horns, and there's this persistent vocal sample saying something along the lines of "It's still a long way home so I said we walk it... ten miles"

Who is this actually by? I remember somebody on this forum talking about it, but I also searched Twoism for Noatak and couldn't find the conversation.

EDIT: Actually I just noticed this track seems to partially loop - it appears to really be only 5:20 and then it starts over again, and runs til 8:39. Weird.