Page 2 of 3
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:20 pm
by dp
"Tommib" by Squarepusher on a continuous loop.
as for BoC, i agree that "Farewell Fire" is just eternally sad. and beautiful.
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm
by turquoise70
heresy i know, but when consciously listening to farewell fire the first few times, i realized there was a possibility of depth of feeling that profound, but that if i tried to tap into it it didn't really work for me. the song just wasn't doing enough to make me feel it that deeply. it felt hooky. cheezy. it's a pretty song but it doesn't make me feel much.
as for my funeral - Vnsares - Die Die Die Winnipeg Die Fuckers Die
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:55 pm
by 747Music
BoC - 1986 Summer Fire
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:56 pm
by Earthbound
747Music wrote:BoC - 1986 Summer Fire
Yeah! Said it before. All with you on that one!
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 pm
by playbyletters
have anyone heard CiM - Close?
that's as sad as you can get. wow.

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:59 pm
by (parenthesis)
Grantz Graf
Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:39 pm
by lawrenke
(parenthesis) wrote:Grantz Graf
Seconded.
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:27 pm
by 747Music
Earthbound wrote:747Music wrote:BoC - 1986 Summer Fire
Yeah! Said it before. All with you on that one!
Yeah, and it just so happens that I was born in the summer of 1986.
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:22 am
by observation
My funeral's gonna be great... Free Money by Patti Smith, Jesus Built My Hotrod by Ministry, Dancing Queen by ABBA, Born Slippy by Underworld, Danny's Song by PFM, Another Girl Another Planet by The Only Ones... and that's before the party begins... I also want a motorbike display team and plenty of FMX stunts. Although hopefully by the time I die we'll all be experimenting with eternal life and stuff.
Oh and good call, Mr/Mrs Guest - SPK were amazing.
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:25 am
by Numerator
turquoise70 wrote: as for my funeral - Vnsares - Die Die Die Winnipeg Die Fuckers Die
my god, I can picture it now

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 am
by Twoist
Don't want to be chucked in a box and left to rot. Give me a nice fire at the end of my days. I'd like to burn to Bocuma.
Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:33 pm
by s7409651
Twoist wrote:Don't want to be chucked in a box and left to rot. Give me a nice fire at the end of my days. I'd like to burn to Bocuma.
Sounds pretty good to me

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:38 am
by jakestott
Melissa Juice on repeat
Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 am
by bleak.
stars of the lid - even if you're never awake
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:59 pm
by mucephei
Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but I've been thinking about this a lot, probably because I'm now in my 40s and nearing the point (if I'm not already past it) of my half-life. It wouldn't be a total BOC-fest at my funeral but I'm giving serious thought to the following:
Zoetrope
and then, when the pallbearers are taking my body away for the final interment:
Poppy Seed (Reprise)
Before either of those the mourners will have to endure my taste in music one last time so they'll have to sit through a piece of jazz of my choosing, likely to be "Teru" by Wayne Shorter (from his album "Adam's Apple" on Blue Note) which even though I don't think it will scare any horses, could be "interesting" to some.
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:22 am
by fujee
Non BoC - Acknowledgement by John Coltrane
--
BoC song - maybe a weird choice but Kid for Today? that or Echus - so beautifully peaceful.
I've said it many times before, i don't want people to be drab and down, i want it to be a celebration of life and everyone who has made me love it so.
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:24 am
by The Friendly Stranger
I don't care, I'll be dead. I'll happily have whatever music my family chooses as at the end of the day the point of a funeral is about closure for your loved ones. Anything that they find comforting is good in my book. If I did have to choose though, probably Pyramid Song by Radiohead.
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:45 am
by Quillian
No Boards of Canada for me, although "Poppy Seed (reprise)" would be quite good...
My choices would probably be "Nanou2" or "Stone in Focus" by Aphex Twin.
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:20 pm
by Spenner
I'd have a death playlist or something... some wacky nice songs, some more ambient tunes like Rhubarb and Lichen by Aphex, then it would all end with Tears from the Compound Eye and then into Farewell Fire, and that will be all...
Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:22 pm
by pointlessdude
Tears from the compound eye, without a doubt. Hún Jord from Sigur Rós is a possible choice too.