Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:35 am
by silo flame
such is the dark nature of capitalism

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:03 am
by thedisavowed
silo flame wrote:such is the dark nature of capitalism


silo.. ever the man of the people 8)

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:17 am
by Goiter Sanchez
boardsofdublin wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:From one collector, to another and to another again... Such is the life of a rare vinyl record.
I applaud your decision BoD; the same one I made a year ago when I sold these to you :)


thanks Goiter!!! Hurts to sell the Kaleidoscope but alas i really need the funds, hard times and that.


I sold my records because the collecting was getting totally out of hand and becoming too much of a focus in my life; not because I actually needed the money. I believe that's when you can later regret what you've sold.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:10 am
by Infinite E
silo flame wrote:such is the dark nature of capitalism


wurrd 8)

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:08 pm
by boardsofdublin
Goiter Sanchez wrote:
boardsofdublin wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:From one collector, to another and to another again... Such is the life of a rare vinyl record.
I applaud your decision BoD; the same one I made a year ago when I sold these to you :)


thanks Goiter!!! Hurts to sell the Kaleidoscope but alas i really need the funds, hard times and that.


I sold my records because the collecting was getting totally out of hand and becoming too much of a focus in my life; not because I actually needed the money. I believe that's when you can later regret what you've sold.


also selling them because i have them on mp3 on my mp3 player and pc. and i never listen to them, they would be better off in someones house where they will be listened to at the end of the day.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:46 pm
by boardsofdublin

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:51 pm
by polar sky

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:59 pm
by boardsofdublin


no as i have said, i dont listen to them anymore and have them on mp3. they are just sitting there now with no one to listen to them anymore.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 1:26 pm
by polar sky
boardsofdublin wrote:


no as i have said, i dont listen to them anymore and have them on mp3. they are just sitting there now with no one to listen to them anymore.


I have everything I could ever get my hands on by boc on mp3 too. As well as CD and Vinyl. Mp3's sounds like trash compared to vinyl. I listen to my vinyls more than my mp3's, but less than my cds. Do you just have those remix/comps/eps? or do you have full boc albums on vinyl too? But yeah, good luck on selling that stuff man! I might bid on some! Peace Dub!

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:45 pm
by Flyingpurplepeopleeater
I always see that copy of the Meat Beat Manifesto EP, but mine is in a plain black sleeve with black and white label. Does anyone else have one of these or is it just some bootleg?

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:26 pm
by Cupz
If you are that desperate for money, become a prostitute...don't sell your records...

nah just kidding

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:43 pm
by boardsofdublin
polar sky wrote:
boardsofdublin wrote:


no as i have said, i dont listen to them anymore and have them on mp3. they are just sitting there now with no one to listen to them anymore.


I have everything I could ever get my hands on by boc on mp3 too. As well as CD and Vinyl. Mp3's sounds like trash compared to vinyl. I listen to my vinyls more than my mp3's, but less than my cds. Do you just have those remix/comps/eps? or do you have full boc albums on vinyl too? But yeah, good luck on selling that stuff man! I might bid on some! Peace Dub!


yeah i have everything on vinyl. from towism up to tchw just dont have the beck remix on vinyl, never see it anywhere.
I have double of everyalbum i by. i always by cd and vinyl copys.

Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:03 pm
by polar sky
boardsofdublin wrote:
polar sky wrote:
boardsofdublin wrote:


no as i have said, i dont listen to them anymore and have them on mp3. they are just sitting there now with no one to listen to them anymore.




I have everything I could ever get my hands on by boc on mp3 too. As well as CD and Vinyl. Mp3's sounds like trash compared to vinyl. I listen to my vinyls more than my mp3's, but less than my cds. Do you just have those remix/comps/eps? or do you have full boc albums on vinyl too? But yeah, good luck on selling that stuff man! I might bid on some! Peace Dub!


yeah i have everything on vinyl. from towism up to tchw just dont have the beck remix on vinyl, never see it anywhere.
I have double of everyalbum i by. i always by cd and vinyl copys.


Yeah, Me too.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:34 am
by Goiter Sanchez
The 'audible' difference between a hi bitrate mp3 (320 kbps) and a vinyl is almost negligible, even on hi fi equipment.
That said, my entire audio collection is .flac files.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:08 pm
by thedisavowed
I generally only buy the vinyl when I love the artwork or something. Or if I'm just a big fan of the record. I listen to vinyl so seldom that it just doesn't make sense to buy everything in both formats.