Page 2 of 4

Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:44 pm
by 747Music
sounds like a fancy shmamtacular idea.

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:51 pm
by BrandNewRetro
Shadowshocker wrote:Remix of songs from volume 1/2 or new songs?


I actually like the idea of remixes from volume 2, but hey like others have said...lets not get too carried away :lol:

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:19 am
by 747Music
We could possibly even crack open some of our own older tunes and remix them ourselves into something decent. I know I've got a few early attempts that need major work and are missing some samples that I need to fill in with something. Would you put that on this album, or should we just stick with the idea of remixing other people's music?

Posted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:43 pm
by Cupz
747Music wrote:We could possibly even crack open some of our own older tunes and remix them ourselves into something decent. I know I've got a few early attempts that need major work and are missing some samples that I need to fill in with something. Would you put that on this album, or should we just stick with the idea of remixing other people's music?


I like the idea of remixing other people´s music. I usually hate remixes but I´d really love to hear someone taking an idea to another level.

Posted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:26 pm
by Phasen
This all sounds good to me. I'd like to get in on the next one. I was in the middle of moving when the submission deadline for volume two was...but hey. Digging the idea, hills.

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:29 pm
by CoBoC
I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.

Posted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:25 pm
by hexagon son
if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:11 am
by 747Music
hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.


agreed

Posted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:53 am
by Aesthetics
hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.

agreed

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:40 am
by hills west
im fine with that

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:26 am
by Synthetrix
Aesthetics wrote:
hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.

agreed


How about "One On Remixism"
:wink:

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:09 am
by Guido
I might be interested but I can never guarantee I have enough inspiration to make a remix on demand.

What about giving anyone who is interested in remixing or being remixed access to a private FTP (Robotanalysis'?) and upload their stuff and then see where it heads, we can discuss the eventual packaging of it meanwhile.

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:58 pm
by robotanalysis
Guido wrote:I might be interested but I can never guarantee I have enough inspiration to make a remix on demand.

What about giving anyone who is interested in remixing or being remixed access to a private FTP (Robotanalysis'?) and upload their stuff and then see where it heads, we can discuss the eventual packaging of it meanwhile.


Sounds like a great idea, I'm in.

(On a side note, I've gone through my old tunes and will be releasing another selected works and an 'album' of raw drafts and sketches - possible remix material as well.)

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:11 pm
by hexagon son
robotanalysis wrote:
Guido wrote:I might be interested but I can never guarantee I have enough inspiration to make a remix on demand.

What about giving anyone who is interested in remixing or being remixed access to a private FTP (Robotanalysis'?) and upload their stuff and then see where it heads, we can discuss the eventual packaging of it meanwhile.


Sounds like a great idea, I'm in.

(On a side note, I've gone through my old tunes and will be releasing another selected works and an 'album' of raw drafts and sketches - possible remix material as well.)

i loook forward to it!

Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:48 pm
by ross adey
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do a handstand and tapdance over hot coals in the middle of the night.

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 am
by thedisavowed
ross adey wrote:
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do your own tune and name it as a remix of someone else's.


APHEX STYLE!!!

Posted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:32 pm
by CoBoC
lol

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:04 pm
by Phasen
hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.


another in agreement

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:38 pm
by hills west
ross adey wrote:
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do your own tune and name it as a remix of someone else's.


quit givin away my secrets

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:53 pm
by ross adey
hills west wrote:
ross adey wrote:
CoBoC wrote:I like the remixing idea ok, but let's still be open to new stuff? I was thinking of submitting something and I'd rather do my own thing than remix someone else, mostly because I've never done a remix before and am not too sure how to go about it.


just do your own tune and name it as a remix of someone else's.


quit givin away my secrets


wait a minute, i think what i said got twisted here...