The Great Campfire Headphase Fake :

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

User avatar
Totopatter
Eagle Minded
Posts: 300
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:51 pm

Post by Totopatter »

Ok, after giving this a listen, these are my views on the bit. Elements that make it very BOC may also not make it BOC. It would be interesting to find out where this originated from. Thought was put into it and the effort is good. It sounds pretty neat overall.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, folks:

- track has 2 obvious parts, just like many BOC tracks, but so far, I've never heard of a BOC starting with a speedy, syncopated breakbeat and finishing with a straighforward 4/4 downtempo beat and I found the transition, unlike BOC work, not seamless enough. But it works anyway.

- what stood out for me as being a little boring and perhaps not creative enough was the predominant melodic arrangement that leads the second more chilled out sequence (similar to what BOC would do, but this track has F#, A, G#, B on the 3 first bars, then C#, E, C#, E on the last bar) isn't the type of combination that would "linger" in my mind (too safe maybe). I don't particularly like the melody, perhaps a A# somewhere in there would have made it more eerie sounding, or the addition of another melodic pattern... Wouldn't hurt to play around with the scale and find something that would compliment the track even more. The supporting melody in the background is fine I guess... Working the second part would give it a more glorious finish.

- wouldn't hurt to add more warble to certain sonorities that sound too linear, especially in the 2nd part. I would have experimented with that a bit more.

Anywho... for all I know this COULD BE or IS BOC. I'm as clueless as all y'all :oops:
Last edited by Totopatter on Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
saturdayindex
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia

Post by saturdayindex »

LOL, I love how blue olson changed it to "BOC(ish) - Ataronchronon(not)"
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
User avatar
ArtOfTheGroove
Posts Quantity
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:44 am
Location: Nashville, TN
Contact:

Post by ArtOfTheGroove »

I'm not sure, but it looks like the beginning of this video is where Sarin Sunday got the image that he used for his OOT3 cover idea:

Image

Maybe Sarin Sunday is playing a little trick... or it's just coincidence.

:)
Image
User avatar
blue_olson
New Seed
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by blue_olson »

I edited the video myself using film from the prelinger archives @ Archive.org : http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger
So that would just be coincidental my friend.
User avatar
saturdayindex
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia

Post by saturdayindex »

blue_olson wrote:I edited the video myself using film from the prelinger archives @ Archive.org : http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger
So that would just be coincidental my friend.


well my friend.. where did you get the track.. off whose server
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
User avatar
saturdayindex
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia

Post by saturdayindex »

bump.

i'm still interested in where you obtained this track... i love it.
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
Post a reply