Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:56 am
by Totopatter
Ok, after giving this a listen, these are my views on the bit. Elements that make it very BOC may also not make it BOC. It would be interesting to find out where this originated from. Thought was put into it and the effort is good. It sounds pretty neat overall.

Correct me if I'm wrong though, folks:

- track has 2 obvious parts, just like many BOC tracks, but so far, I've never heard of a BOC starting with a speedy, syncopated breakbeat and finishing with a straighforward 4/4 downtempo beat and I found the transition, unlike BOC work, not seamless enough. But it works anyway.

- what stood out for me as being a little boring and perhaps not creative enough was the predominant melodic arrangement that leads the second more chilled out sequence (similar to what BOC would do, but this track has F#, A, G#, B on the 3 first bars, then C#, E, C#, E on the last bar) isn't the type of combination that would "linger" in my mind (too safe maybe). I don't particularly like the melody, perhaps a A# somewhere in there would have made it more eerie sounding, or the addition of another melodic pattern... Wouldn't hurt to play around with the scale and find something that would compliment the track even more. The supporting melody in the background is fine I guess... Working the second part would give it a more glorious finish.

- wouldn't hurt to add more warble to certain sonorities that sound too linear, especially in the 2nd part. I would have experimented with that a bit more.

Anywho... for all I know this COULD BE or IS BOC. I'm as clueless as all y'all :oops:

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:39 am
by saturdayindex
LOL, I love how blue olson changed it to "BOC(ish) - Ataronchronon(not)"

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:05 pm
by ArtOfTheGroove
I'm not sure, but it looks like the beginning of this video is where Sarin Sunday got the image that he used for his OOT3 cover idea:

Image

Maybe Sarin Sunday is playing a little trick... or it's just coincidence.

:)

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:37 am
by blue_olson
I edited the video myself using film from the prelinger archives @ Archive.org : http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger
So that would just be coincidental my friend.

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:37 am
by saturdayindex
blue_olson wrote:I edited the video myself using film from the prelinger archives @ Archive.org : http://www.archive.org/details/prelinger
So that would just be coincidental my friend.


well my friend.. where did you get the track.. off whose server

Posted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 am
by saturdayindex
bump.

i'm still interested in where you obtained this track... i love it.