Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:01 pm
by Vexille
Nobody should be expecting boc to play live, you guys know them well enough to realize that.

"mysterious Scottish act" is definitely looked at with a lot of biased eyes on this forum, which is understandable.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:25 pm
by polar sky
Dude I really wouldn't do that, it's not worth it. I went to see them play down at Stinky Pete's Sports Bar 2 years ago and it was ooooookay. I mean all they did was just stand there and play like 15 songs and then hung out with all their fans afterwords. It was not fun.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:56 pm
by Mexicola
Pretty well confirmed that it's Mogwai now. I've had word from one of the other bands playing that they've known it's Mogwai for some time. See BOC live thread for more.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:52 pm
by Phasen
wait so...Jed, are you sure this is a good idea? Wouldn't you wanna be sure it's BoC.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:57 pm
by turquoise70
polar sky wrote:all they did was just stand there and play like 15 songs and then hung out with all their fans afterwords. It was not fun.


i wish ANY of the bands i've seen in the past few years 'just' did that. whenever i go to shows with my friends they spazz about the light show or the equipment or something, then the bands disappear after the show and don't hang out with anyone. the alternative sounds -way- more fun.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:02 pm
by polar sky
turquoise70 wrote:
polar sky wrote:all they did was just stand there and play like 15 songs and then hung out with all their fans afterwords. It was not fun.


i wish ANY of the bands i've seen in the past few years 'just' did that. whenever i go to shows with my friends they spazz about the light show or the equipment or something, then the bands disappear after the show and don't hang out with anyone. the alternative sounds -way- more fun.


I know I would love that. I went and saw The International Noise Conspiracy years ago and they were hanging out with everyone, signing shit and taking pictures. It was great.