Page 2 of 2
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:28 am
by Twoism-ist
Not really movies but, here are some of my favorite video game soundtracks:
Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy IX
Shadow of the Colossus
Zelda Majoras Mask
I especially agree with the narnia soundtracks. The score is fucking riveting.
Edit: Also forgot to mention Dragon Quest VIII, that one is GRAND.
aand yuo guys got me listening to the FFA(Seiken Densetsu) soundtrack. Simply magnanimous.
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:25 pm
by Retrodreaming
Gosh id forgotten how good the K-Pax soundtrack was,awesome stuff!!
Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:30 pm
by Vexille
I don't know a lot or watch many films but here's the few I really like:
The Matrix (yea I know,

)
Batman Dark Knight (mostly the joker track, why so srs)
Valhalla Rising (almost sounds like nin instrumentals at some points)
GLadiator (pretty much every soundtrack this dude did since this movie has been more or less the same but this one still makes me tingle)
2001 space odyssey
Saving Private Ryan (yea i know it's generic ww2 trumpet music that's been recycled a billion times since then, but the first time in this movie it rocked)
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:56 am
by Julian Candy
Twoism-ist wrote:Not really movies but, here are some of my favorite video game soundtracks:
Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy IX
Shadow of the Colossus
Zelda Majoras Mask
I would say my favorite video game soundtracks would be:
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash bandicoot Warped
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex
Spyro the Dragon
Spyro 2
Spyro Year of the Dragon
(Copeland is awesome!)
Simcity 3000
The Sims (original)
Kingdom Hearts 1/2 (even though I hate the games, they had good music)
Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:06 am
by saurus
Inglorious Basterds
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:08 pm
by t0els
old soviet fim "ty i ya" (
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067894/), great theme by a.schnitke
"Dolgaya schastlivaya zhizn" back from 1966 (
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0271467/), deepness from composer v.ovchinnikov
surely it is hard2find "il grido" soundtrack by fusco, so beautiful
also remember ost for the coppola`s "the conversation", that main piano theme by david shire.
i also love some of the ost for the "diamonds are forever" by john barry, ohh, that "007 and counting" also sampled by wagon christ in his "shadows", deadly beautiful.
i also like the main piano theme from "the brick" movie.
some great music is in tarkovsky`s "ivan's childhood". v.ovchinnikov rocks.
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:13 pm
by Guido
Soundtracks comprised of classical or orchestral scores often (if not always) strike me as cheesy. Checked out some recommendations in this topic such as Shawnshank Redemption, K-Pax and Gladiator. Dull, generic stuff, in my opinion. Can't bear to listen to it for too long.
One of the best soundtracks I've heard (both in respect to its musical beauty as well as its coherence with the film it was composed for) is the Naissance Des Pieuvres (English title: Water Lillies) score. It is also one of the best movies I have ever seen (I prefer French lesbian coming of age drama's any time to any of the above

).
http://open.spotify.com/track/07IIsm9uyOQmCzxZYkOIZY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8k1-_RS3Qg
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:25 pm
by The909Virus
Been getting into soundtracks a lot more recently and my faves so far are:
Blade Runner (obvious choice I know)
Requiem for a Dream.. Actually pretty much everything by Clint Mansell is great and really adds to a scene. (The finale of Requiem.. is a good example)
Lost in Translation
Tron: Legacy
LoTR score is beautiful
Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:40 pm
by s7409651
Yeah Tron Legacy score!
And Lost in translation is another fave.
I like too many soundtracks to list though. Many many.
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:14 pm
by Redpoint Beach Boy
I collect soundtracks, so of course I love this thread.
I'm sure I'll miss a few, but are some of my favorites:
FILM
Lady Hawke - Alan Parsons
Tron - Score by Wendy Carlos & Journey
Dune - Toto & Brian Eno
Koyaanisqatsi - Philip Glass
Legend (UK version) - Jerry Goldsmith
The 'Burbs - Jerry Goldsmith
Alive - James Newton Howard
All About Lily Chou Chou - Takeshi Kobayashi f. Salyu
Wargames - Arthur B. Rubinstein
VIDEO GAMES:
Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
Rez
LIVE PERFORMANCE:
KA (Cirque du Soleil) by René Dupéré < The most amazing show I've ever seen!
Here's a couple of tracks from the Above-mentioned Lily Chou Chou OST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpES4rgxfTA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0x0-TBxUbw
"Love Dance" from KA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E7bCnLqVQg
Re: soundtrack
Posted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:07 pm
by jcnporter
This is one of my favourites of recent years -
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUPy2Pis4hA[/media]
The film, but especially the soundtrack, goes some way to capture the atmosphere of this beautiful book, if you ever should read it.
Re: soundtrack
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:00 am
by Torn n Frayed
One that I noticed folks missed is the Peter Gabriel soundtrack to Last Temptation of Christ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtngZIBNBbE
Re: soundtrack
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:00 pm
by Aerial Boundaries
Not sure if mentioned, but Fargo is fantastic as well. That opening theme.
Re: soundtrack
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:24 pm
by Yellow Records
Any Kubrick or Tarantino soundtrack

Re: soundtrack
Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:50 pm
by Logan71
The soundtrack for Upstream Color is, like the film, a thing of wonder and mystery.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lUn7BVigYsAll music is by the film's writer & director Shane Carruth. A talented guy.