Page 2 of 3

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:50 pm
by Numerator
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0pXnprQvSA
that's more my generation...

and.........this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jd0UWGPgY
I'm not proud

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:20 pm
by powershoes
kind of off-topic (these are from the mid-90's), but are my favorites...

battle angle alita ending
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joOYVxoKmzE
wild arms tv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAMOiA2qE8c
slayers try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZY4aJUDbCI
gundam wing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpMieFLC404

the sci-fi channel played anime early on saturday mornings. akira was the first anime i had ever seen, early one morning. i was nine. started looking for great shows thereafter.

back on topic: i found this outro music by jugg, the same group who recorded noah's castle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q15BPBdz2FE

Numerator wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jd0UWGPgY
I'm not proud

be proud! this theme is great! a friend of mine used to bellow this out before school, with all his vocal cords. he's an opera singer in italy, now :shock:

Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:11 pm
by triststephens
cheers Will, that stone tape is great, watching it now.

talking of scary Tony... armchair thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Up8vQ0cd0

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:05 am
by s7409651
I'm having real trouble finding a kids show that I have memories of - It was probably British, about animals in a pond or riverside (insects, birds, frogs, fish).. Very stylised but beautiful sleek animation - paper cut outs, I believe.. I don't think it had dialogue (maybe narration)
It was probably from the 70's-80-'s.
i distinctly remember a ladybug falling off a leaf and having to find it's mother again, and spider..and definitly one of these things:
Image
can anyone help me? I seriously have checked so many old kids show sites it's insane.
aaarg. This series had crazy music!

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:52 am
by wmarsh

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:22 am
by Sir Prancelot

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:26 am
by Tony Montana
triststephens wrote:cheers Will, that stone tape is great, watching it now.

talking of scary Tony... armchair thriller

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Up8vQ0cd0


Just before my time, but that does look scary!

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:20 pm
by mucephei
triststephens wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xez4o1ujOPI
tomorrow people
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLpcr7KTi9I
children of the stones
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNCtLKs_23Y
Noah's castle

that explains alot!


Children of the Stones was filmed just a few miles from here...excellent

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:35 pm
by wmarsh

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:01 pm
by Cupz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnfZ0NpJ2aY

for some reason this tune never slipped my memory. Its so...in your face.

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:48 pm
by observation
I loved Children of the Stones when I was a nipper... I read the book until it fell apart.

Roobarb and Custard - now THAT'S a theme tune.

Always quite liked the Starsky and Hutch theme tune. And the theme tune from Taxi of course. :)

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:54 pm
by Cupz

Posted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:59 pm
by Cupz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0ZJgb-VX4

the little drop down at "battle to destroy the evil forces ooooooof" always gets me.

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:43 pm
by jcnporter
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB1NiNKwueE[/media]

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:21 pm
by Aerial Boundaries
https://youtu.be/nXqeoY17YoU?t=2m13s

The tension in this track is murderous. You'll know what I mean if you've seen the scene it is in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09UkuAjr7y0

This is midway through the pilot. Really a tragic, heartbreaking scene. Throwing matches in the pool while he is about to fuck up his entire life irreversibly.

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:48 pm
by Lens Larque
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4stdMIqjsSc[/media]

Directed by Dave Powers


Earlier season openings had far inferior wah guitar action

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:26 am
by 2020k

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:01 am
by The Telepathic Kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ssRbyWqHmg

"I can't be in love if it's plastic,
To live on my own just seems tragic...
"

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:38 am
by vballs
The Telepathic Kid wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ssRbyWqHmg

"I can't be in love if it's plastic,
To live on my own just seems tragic...
"


Ha yes I love this one, the series is well weird and funny. Matt Berry is just awesome and a great musician / song writer.

Re: Your favourite TV theme tunes?

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:51 am
by vballs
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTEpiFcn0wI[/media]