Thoughts on iamamiwhoami [interesting find]

Moderator: Aesthetics

User avatar
bleak.
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:08 pm
Location: Aberaeron
Contact:

Post by bleak. »

Seeya_Later wrote:
bleak. wrote:oh. well that was easier than anticipated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iamamiwhoami


What was? Finding that page?


it confirms that it is Jonna Lee. what's with all the speculation?
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

this is certainly incredible. thanks for the heads up. "y" and "20101104" just completely feel like my mind right now.
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

bleak. wrote:
Seeya_Later wrote:
bleak. wrote:oh. well that was easier than anticipated.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iamamiwhoami


What was? Finding that page?


it confirms that it is Jonna Lee. what's with all the speculation?


Oh, the speculation died a LONG time ago. Anyone who still thinks it's someone else is braindead.
Although, it's like RDJ, everyone knows The Tuss is him.
Same here, everyone knows it's Jonna Lee even though there's been no official conformation from her or her label etc.

Did anybody know Jonna Lee before this? I sure didn't.
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

Hey everyone who likes iamamiwhoami
Vote for them here:
http://omusicawards.com/vote/innovative-artist/

On the list they are honestly the only interesting band (BoC is not a nominee btw).
So it would be nice for everyone to show support. iamamiwhoami is currently in the lead too! Over Lady Gaga and Kanye West! This is being done by MTV so if they won, it would be a high profile thing for them!
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

New video up. It's called John.
User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

It's. Fucking. Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPxTKR7 ... ideo_title

Edit: http://2020k.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/t ... oami-john/ [I swear, I only plug my blog here so much because I post about so many things the Twoism community are interested in.]
Last edited by 2020k on Mon May 16, 2011 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Elephant Face
Eagle Minded
Posts: 418
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:22 am
Location: Texas

Post by Elephant Face »

INCREDIBLE.
User avatar
rolypablo
Sherbet Head
Posts: 503
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by rolypablo »

This new one is great.
User avatar
747Music
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5164
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:13 am
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by 747Music »

rolypablo wrote:This new one is great.


Yes, yes it is.
User avatar
Syberia
Eagle Minded
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Syberia »

Okay so I'm not fully up to date on this yet but do we know who the director is yet?
I get the feeling of Martin De Thurah. Definetly filmed in Sweden or Denmark at least. But as I said I haven't read all about this yet so I might be totally lost..wouldn't be the first time..

But yes they are incredible!
User avatar
mechanismj
Nova Scotia Robot
Posts: 5157
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:35 am
Contact:

Post by mechanismj »

Digging it. Was hoping for some new Fever Ray, but this is pretty damn close!
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

I thought it was De Thurah too. But I don't really think so anymore. I think more people should adopt that kind of style anyway.
User avatar
Radiobuzz
Eagle Minded
Posts: 381
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:20 am
Location: On a beach in Argentina

Post by Radiobuzz »

Syberia wrote:Okay so I'm not fully up to date on this yet but do we know who the director is yet?
I get the feeling of Martin De Thurah. Definetly filmed in Sweden or Denmark at least. But as I said I haven't read all about this yet so I might be totally lost..wouldn't be the first time..

But yes they are incredible!


I think it's a guy called Greg Allum:

http://www.gregallum.co.uk/

EDIT: A quote from an old interview:

Why did you choose Violent Playground when you would make a Cover?
The contrast of it all made it interesting so I contacted Greg Allum, who's a photographer who understands the dark side of life and asked him to contribute for a video. We will release the elctro version in a near future, but I can not tell you when and how, its a secret...

EDIT 2: And apparently the guy behind the music besides Jenna is a guy called Claes Björklund.
User avatar
Spenner
Sherbet Head
Posts: 861
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:52 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post by Spenner »

I love all of these! The cinematography is so beautiful, inspiring too. I agree with bleak that this should be how modern pop sounds =/ I really dig it.
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

this new release is quite incredible. i dont even think its up on itunes yet. does anyone know what the "iamamiwhoi app" is listed under on the app store for iphone?
"It's been a long time..."
User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

The new release is on iTunes. The app was taken down from the store a couple of months ago for whatever reason.
User avatar
Syberia
Eagle Minded
Posts: 357
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:05 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Contact:

Post by Syberia »

Apparently they will do a live performance at the festival "Way Out West" here in Gothenburg in August...Wish I had more money :(
User avatar
Seeya_Later
Sherbet Head
Posts: 830
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Seeya_Later »

User avatar
2020k
Moderator
Posts: 2130
Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Post by 2020k »

CLUMPPPPPP! THIS BAND CAN DO NO WRONG.
User avatar
hexagon son
Happy Cycler
Posts: 3254
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Post by hexagon son »

2020k wrote:CLUMPPPPPP! THIS BAND CAN DO NO WRONG.


yup, just saw this. pure gold. john is more epic though...
"It's been a long time..."
Post a reply