Page 2 of 4
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:30 pm
by bleak.
Seeya_Later wrote:What was? Finding that page?
it confirms that it is Jonna Lee. what's with all the speculation?
Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:22 pm
by hexagon son
this is certainly incredible. thanks for the heads up. "y" and "20101104" just completely feel like my mind right now.
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:31 am
by Seeya_Later
bleak. wrote:Seeya_Later wrote:What was? Finding that page?
it confirms that it is Jonna Lee. what's with all the speculation?
Oh, the speculation died a LONG time ago. Anyone who still thinks it's someone else is braindead.
Although, it's like RDJ, everyone knows The Tuss is him.
Same here, everyone knows it's Jonna Lee even though there's been no official conformation from her or her label etc.
Did anybody know Jonna Lee before this? I sure didn't.
Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:54 am
by Seeya_Later
Hey everyone who likes iamamiwhoami
Vote for them here:
http://omusicawards.com/vote/innovative-artist/
On the list they are honestly the only interesting band (BoC is not a nominee btw).
So it would be nice for everyone to show support. iamamiwhoami is currently in the lead too! Over Lady Gaga and Kanye West! This is being done by MTV so if they won, it would be a high profile thing for them!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:02 am
by Seeya_Later
New video up. It's called John.
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:37 am
by 2020k
It's. Fucking. Awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLPxTKR7 ... ideo_title
Edit:
http://2020k.wordpress.com/2011/05/16/t ... oami-john/ [I swear, I only plug my blog here so much because I post about so many things the Twoism community are interested in.]
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:49 am
by Elephant Face
INCREDIBLE.
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:51 am
by rolypablo
This new one is great.
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm
by 747Music
rolypablo wrote:This new one is great.
Yes, yes it is.
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:34 pm
by Syberia
Okay so I'm not fully up to date on this yet but do we know who the director is yet?
I get the feeling of Martin De Thurah. Definetly filmed in Sweden or Denmark at least. But as I said I haven't read all about this yet so I might be totally lost..wouldn't be the first time..
But yes they are incredible!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:08 pm
by mechanismj
Digging it. Was hoping for some new Fever Ray, but this is pretty damn close!
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:07 pm
by Seeya_Later
I thought it was De Thurah too. But I don't really think so anymore. I think more people should adopt that kind of style anyway.
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:07 am
by Radiobuzz
Syberia wrote:Okay so I'm not fully up to date on this yet but do we know who the director is yet?
I get the feeling of Martin De Thurah. Definetly filmed in Sweden or Denmark at least. But as I said I haven't read all about this yet so I might be totally lost..wouldn't be the first time..
But yes they are incredible!
I think it's a guy called Greg Allum:
http://www.gregallum.co.uk/
EDIT: A quote from an old interview:
Why did you choose Violent Playground when you would make a Cover?
The contrast of it all made it interesting so I contacted Greg Allum, who's a photographer who understands the dark side of life and asked him to contribute for a video. We will release the elctro version in a near future, but I can not tell you when and how, its a secret...
EDIT 2: And apparently the guy behind the music besides Jenna is a guy called Claes Björklund.
Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:13 pm
by Spenner
I love all of these! The cinematography is so beautiful, inspiring too. I agree with bleak that this should be how modern pop sounds =/ I really dig it.
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 1:02 pm
by hexagon son
this new release is quite incredible. i dont even think its up on itunes yet. does anyone know what the "iamamiwhoi app" is listed under on the app store for iphone?
Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:21 pm
by 2020k
The new release is on iTunes. The app was taken down from the store a couple of months ago for whatever reason.
Posted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:59 pm
by Syberia
Apparently they will do a live performance at the festival "Way Out West" here in Gothenburg in August...Wish I had more money

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 pm
by Seeya_Later
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:46 pm
by 2020k
CLUMPPPPPP! THIS BAND CAN DO NO WRONG.
Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:06 pm
by hexagon son
2020k wrote:CLUMPPPPPP! THIS BAND CAN DO NO WRONG.
yup, just saw this. pure gold. john is more epic though...