Page 2 of 6

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 pm
by Guido
Julian Candy wrote:
Guido wrote:http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/b27e02fc_eFYYe.jpg

disgusting


What is it? The link doesn't work.


try this http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1397981 ... japan.html

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:59 pm
by Julian Candy
Guido wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Guido wrote:http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/b27e02fc_eFYYe.jpg

disgusting


What is it? The link doesn't work.


try this http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1397981 ... japan.html


Don't forget about the conflicts between the Chinese and the Japanese.
It all evens out though, California is overdue for a huge earthquake anytime soon.

It's all God's will to me.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:13 pm
by mechanismj
Glad to hear that you guys over there are OK! I hope it works out and you all stay safe!

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:02 am
by turquoise70
Guido wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Guido wrote:http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/b27e02fc_eFYYe.jpg

disgusting


What is it? The link doesn't work.


try this http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1397981 ... japan.html


jesus i think i'm gonna throw up. like, blood. and FIRE.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:48 am
by s7409651
Whew, I guess some sort of idiotic response was to be expected, but this is really pushing it.
How embarrasing for our species.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:55 am
by Aesthetics
Good to see that you guys are ok! Steward, I really hope they are able to prevent a meltdown of the reactor.

Guido wrote:http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/b27e02fc_eFYYe.jpg

disgusting
It's disgusting how people react to something like that. I wonder what people say when Germany got hit by a narural disaster.

Julian Candy wrote:It's all God's will to me.

Seriously, with all due respect but why on earth does he want to kill 10000 people?? It's a natural disaster which is caused by moving tectonic plates.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:49 am
by Julian Candy
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:It's all God's will to me.

Seriously, with all due respect but why on earth does he want to kill 10000 people?? It's a natural disaster which is caused by moving tectonic plates.


With all due respect, don't dump on my spiritual beliefs.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:11 pm
by Aesthetics
Julian Candy wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:It's all God's will to me.

Seriously, with all due respect but why on earth does he want to kill 10000 people?? It's a natural disaster which is caused by moving tectonic plates.
With all due respect, don't dump on my spiritual beliefs.
I don't dump on your spiritual beliefs, all I'm asking is why would he kill 10000 people?

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:56 pm
by AFX.NL
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:It's all God's will to me.

Seriously, with all due respect but why on earth does he want to kill 10000 people?? It's a natural disaster which is caused by moving tectonic plates.
With all due respect, don't dump on my spiritual beliefs.
I don't dump on your spiritual beliefs, all I'm asking is why would he kill 10000 people?


Yea this I would like to know also

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:17 pm
by hexagon son
It's evening here now. Thought I'd get my mind off of things, so me and a friend went to play the new Initial D in the game center. there were some people in there, but the mood seems a little more subdued.

I noticed on the way to Maebashi that people were lining up at gas stations, cars deep. I also noticed that they were out of regular gas. I find out later that there won't be any gas (petrol) for any vehicles for several days. I also find that there is a problem with another reactor that could explode.

There have been smaller earthquakes in surrounding prefectures to mine, not just on the eastern seaboard. Some people seem to think its only a matter of time until one hits Gunma, nobody knows for sure. They will be cutting the power throughout the day to different areas to preserve electricity.

Stopped at the supermarket on the way home, it was half empty of food, a sure sign that there haven't been any deliveries since Thursday. i think fresh produce will become scarce, and eventually non-perishables too.

So far it looks like I still have work tomorrow >_<

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:31 pm
by turquoise70
Damn hex son :( I'm sorry you - and all the millions of other Japanese right now - are caught up in this nonsense. It doesn't seem like there's much anyone can do about it - I went to look and see if UNICEF was accepting donations or whatever and it looks like the Japanese gov't has told everyone they have it under control, rescue-effort wise.

This is why I'm glad I don't live anywhere there are regular, strong earthquakes I guess :S

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:43 pm
by 747Music
AFX.NL wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:It's all God's will to me.

Seriously, with all due respect but why on earth does he want to kill 10000 people?? It's a natural disaster which is caused by moving tectonic plates.
With all due respect, don't dump on my spiritual beliefs.
I don't dump on your spiritual beliefs, all I'm asking is why would he kill 10000 people?


Yea this I would like to know also


God didn't kill them, a natural disaster did.

Ecclesiastes 9:11: "...because time and unforseen occurrence befall them all."
James 1:13: "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone."

Killing 10,000 people would be considered an evil thing would it not?

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:40 pm
by Ender
Guido wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Guido wrote:http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/foto/b27e02fc_eFYYe.jpg

disgusting


What is it? The link doesn't work.


try this http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1397981 ... japan.html



What the fuck is wrong with people

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:28 pm
by Julian Candy
In all honesty, I don't understand why people are getting so extreme about these people talking about pearl harbor. People hate people, all this is is just nationalism.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:01 pm
by s7409651
Nationalism or not, it's the fact that this kind of talk/logic is so acceptable that is disturbing.

When I was in high school, a geography teacher remarked to a full class (in wake of the tsunami in 2005) that the people there 'deserved it' as they weren't Christian nations. I tried to have him suspended for saying that to a class - I was headboy and brought up the issue directly with the headmaster. They were, however, old friends and it turns out that I couldn't do anything.

It's disgusting that people will use a tragedy like as fuel for ther own dogmas.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:42 pm
by rik0000
I'm a fairly easy going guy, not much get's me worked up... but this utter stupidity... :x

First of all, Pearl Harbour is way out of context (if you ask me why, well, I can't think of any reason why it's in context). And for that matter, those people should settle for the 50-fold retaliation on Hiroshima/Nagasaki. Besides that, how many facebookers have known any of those killed in Pearl Harbour? The computerskills of those who remember WOII are probably not good enough to have a facebook account in the first place.

How can people ever say it's okay when other people are dying? That's horrendous... to me this is humankind at it worst. People mentioning this in all seriousness, I just don't get them and I hope I'll never will.

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:45 pm
by rik0000
Getting in a better mood: good to know "our twoismers" are okay! And hope Japan will be spared with the problems in those nuclear power plans....

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:31 pm
by Stry Craty Bya
747Music wrote:
AFX.NL wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Julian Candy wrote:It's all God's will to me.

Seriously, with all due respect but why on earth does he want to kill 10000 people?? It's a natural disaster which is caused by moving tectonic plates.
With all due respect, don't dump on my spiritual beliefs.
I don't dump on your spiritual beliefs, all I'm asking is why would he kill 10000 people?


Yea this I would like to know also


God didn't kill them, a natural disaster did.


Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:40 pm
by Julian Candy
rik0000 wrote:to me this is humankind at it worst.


So your saying this is worse than the Holocaust, the Irish potato famine, the Rwandan Genocide and the Reign of Terror in France?

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:07 pm
by rik0000
Julian Candy wrote:
rik0000 wrote:to me this is humankind at it worst.

So your saying this is worse than the Holocaust, the Irish potato famine, the Rwandan Genocide and the Reign of Terror in France?

I won't compare the actual facts. No one was killed by those facebookers and comparisons to Hitler are already made too easily on the internet, I won't do that. It would be ridiculous to rate people on a scale from Hitler to Mother Teresa.

However, not caring and even being glad for people dying, do you really think that makes a good person? Does a little compassion hurt?