Page 2 of 3
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:34 pm
by noby
I'd be okay with listening to only BoC, I guess, but wouldn't probably choose them myself. I'd probably pick some artist with a huge discography that I haven't listened to much yet. Maybe something like Merzbow or some minimalist ambient artist.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:08 pm
by Kinski
yeah. good luck with merzbow

Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:25 pm
by Snufkin
It's a shitty question, tbh...
I can't decide on either BoC or Captain Beefheart
...or maybe Augustus Pablo.
Nah- it's a shitty question [/quits]
-Snuf
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:46 pm
by saturdayindex
Absolutely no. BOC's repertoire is too small and there's not enough literal message (aka lyrics) to interpret.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:08 pm
by T. Intel
No... although I'm not sure which artist I would pick instead. I'm tempted to pick Nujabes, but his discography is quite small.
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:11 pm
by noby
Kinski wrote:yeah. good luck with merzbow

Couple months ago I tried to listen to merzbox straight through. I got about 5 discs in and had to stop...
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:33 pm
by Mindshifter
Mexicola wrote:People actually voted yes?!?!?

Well, this is a forum about Boards Of Canada...
I voted yes. Couldn't live without Left Side Drive
Posted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:08 pm
by mucephei
Kinski wrote:steely dan imo
+1
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:44 pm
by sevenELIXIR
no. I would probably pick a classical composer, Brahms or Tchaikovsky maybe?
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:58 pm
by iec
the fall.
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:03 pm
by hexagon son
somebody please fucking kill me. BoC are gone. There isn't enough Boc to make worth a lifetime of listeningg unless i had terminal cancer. no more of these threads please.
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:25 pm
by 2020k
If they expanded their sound a little more, than maybe. I think I'd get tired listening to "Bocuma" after the 39495948549895489485th time.

Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:48 pm
by Integer
iec wrote:the fall.
You, sir, have impeccable taste.
Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:56 pm
by Julian Candy
I have a feeling that the people saying yes are probably the people who haven't spent about a year only listening to them, I used to feel the same way but now I'm much more into expanding my library of music which includes artists such as The Beatles, Blockhead, Grizzly Bear, The Monkees, Michael Nesmith, etc.
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:15 am
by d3v3l
I voted yes, and I have been listening to thier discography continuously for 4 years now, why I even thought of the question

Its either that or this new band out now called glass candy. As one you tuber so eloquently commented "I'd drink her bathwater"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Myo0Qj ... re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkJ7aHhR ... re=related
Them and the chromatics:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFOxribt ... re=related
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 am
by Seeya_Later
No, not BoC.
Maybe if I could listen to a single musician (and all their associated projects), I'd pick Morrissey or Vince Clarke.
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:50 am
by Enoch
If I had to go for quantity over quality, it would be Madlib all my life. That man can literally churn 25 new beats by the time he's gone and ate his breakfast.
As for quality over quantity, maybe it would be Prefuse 73 or Aphex Twin. Aphex Twin still has a ton of material unheard by others, while Prefuse 73 is very consistent in releasing new stuff. He's not very consistent in his styles, though.
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:48 am
by iec
Integer wrote:iec wrote:the fall.
You, sir, have impeccable taste.
gee, thanks
they're pretty much all i listen to anyway. and i still have more to discover. and then there's live bootlegs. and everything is exciting.
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:59 am
by Xtal
Boc have been my favorite band for awhile, but aphex twin came very close
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:32 pm
by Integer
iec wrote:Integer wrote:iec wrote:the fall.
You, sir, have impeccable taste.
gee, thanks
they're pretty much all i listen to anyway. and i still have more to discover. and then there's live bootlegs. and everything is exciting.
They have so much material to cover. I've been a fan of theirs for a long time, but haven't really listened to them for awhile until recently. I just picked up their Complete Peel Sessions 1978-2004. Comes highly recommended.
In regards to the poll I vote no. Hard to say which artist it would be, but I've been on a Pixies/Frank Black kick recently so I'll go with that. Someone else mentioned Morrissey which isn't a bad choice either.