Page 2 of 2

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:00 am
by Joebot Kill
new tron was rubbish. whoever made that movie just didn't get it at all.
Image

I haven't seen the The Thing or Alien prequels. I cannot comprehend why that would be necessary. It just blows my mind that people think the original Alien hasn't been ruined enough by every single sequel that followed it. Carpenter's The Thing is in fact a remake itself, so I'll cut it some slack.

And you know they aren't gonna get Vangelis to come back. That would be a GOOD idea. The soundtrack fucking made that movie. It's so perfect, and I know it's gonna suck in the new one. They'll probably get Justice or something to do it. But I'll admit, OPN could pull it off.

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 am
by Magrathea
Joebot Kill wrote:new tron was rubbish. whoever made that movie just didn't get it at all.
Image

I haven't seen the The Thing or Alien prequels. I cannot comprehend why that would be necessary. It just blows my mind that people think the original Alien hasn't been ruined enough by every single sequel that followed it. Carpenter's The Thing is in fact a remake itself, so I'll cut it some slack.

And you know they aren't gonna get Vangelis to come back. That would be a GOOD idea. The soundtrack fucking made that movie. It's so perfect, and I know it's gonna suck in the new one. They'll probably get Justice or something to do it. But I'll admit, OPN could pull it off.


Sums it up, perfectly!

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:10 pm
by Vexille
Joebot Kill wrote:I haven't seen the The Thing or Alien prequels. I cannot comprehend why that would be necessary. It just blows my mind that people think the original Alien hasn't been ruined enough by every single sequel that followed it. Carpenter's The Thing is in fact a remake itself, so I'll cut it some slack.
It blows my mind when people let other movies in a series ruin one that is perfectly good by itself.

Dude I can't stand The Matrix 2 and 3 but it doesn't ruin 1 for me.

Nobody has seen Prometheus (the Alien prequel fyi) yet. But reading the vague descriptions for what they are planning to do has be extremely excited about it. Not...skeptical or worried.