Page 2 of 3
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:50 am
by Seeya_Later
Rodheh wrote:Everything You Do is A Balloon has, for whatever reason, never stopped sounding "fresh" to me.
That is not to say I haven't gotten a little tired of it, but "fresh" is the term I would use to describe the melodies of that song.
Yeah, there definitely are some old timeless tracks I would consider fresh.
This track is a few years old but it still sounds fresh to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAQWpTIjusY
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:13 pm
by The Friendly Stranger
Seeya_Later wrote:Rodheh wrote:Everything You Do is A Balloon has, for whatever reason, never stopped sounding "fresh" to me.
That is not to say I haven't gotten a little tired of it, but "fresh" is the term I would use to describe the melodies of that song.
Yeah, there definitely are some old timeless tracks I would consider fresh.
This track is a few years old but it still sounds fresh to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAQWpTIjusY
Poor Laika

Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:25 pm
by The Friendly Stranger
mechanismj wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVqESo4mFMs
Genius. I thought they'd lost the plot until the chorus kicked in and then it all made sense...
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:26 pm
by The Friendly Stranger
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:35 pm
by Stry Craty Bya
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:45 pm
by pointlessdude
Posted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:53 pm
by Seeya_Later
Oh wow... good stuff people.
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:03 am
by adelinyenmah
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:19 am
by Cupz
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:56 am
by Seeya_Later
Siriusmo, never heard of them, thanks!
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:15 pm
by polar sky
'Elitsa' by Tosca such a fantastic track...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DuORQd7Dc8
'Besides' by Gui Boratto Nice happy track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFt1Wp6vBiw
'Azzurra' by Gui Boratto kinda of Kraftwerk sounding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEdZqxHmXlg
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:29 pm
by Fredd-E
Posted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:00 pm
by The Friendly Stranger
Not new but if this doesn't define 'fresh' then there's no such thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51woRxHMyrk
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 am
by whitewater
Siriusmo is an excellent choice!
One of my favorites of his:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12tfyBeGRh4
Also...
SebastiAn - Kindercut
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jj6iWhCUHg
Salva - Blue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1aijVeAJWs
Panda Bear - Drone
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT6UtA7fkkE
And finally... not brand new but definitely fresh...
Dorian Concept - Trilingual Dance Sexperience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrViuNMko3s
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 am
by Cupz
I thought about posting that one. Killer track.
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:36 am
by adelinyenmah
So. Fucking. Good. I could jam out to this all day.
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:27 pm
by Fredd-E
great sound design! love the tinkering in this one!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 pm
by Evrox
I've got to thank you for that second link! Listened to some other stuff from them as well, amazingly good music!
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:40 pm
by hexagon son
is this thread irrelevant due to the "now playing" thread? Perhaps not, but i am struggling to find "fresh" sounds. i seem to be sticking with what i am comfortable with. Every artist under the genre's I like always come across fresh.
Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 pm
by Lens Larque
I'm left wondering what genres are left to be exploited by electronic disco dance music producers.