Page 2 of 3
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:01 pm
by polar sky
Sounds cool!
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:50 pm
by Cupz
Fredd-E wrote:Well it's not really drill and bass but it reminded me a little bit of it.. ever heard Richard D. James Album? That typical loop-triggering-trrrrrrrrr-effect is what people refer to as being the drill in drill'n'bass and that's what he did in this remix, for a little bit tho and then I thought it would be cool if someone remixes a boc track in a proper drill'n'bass version like the stuff I just mentioned from Aphex Twin...
I use the Drill tecnique very often in my beats...but you heard my album so you must know

Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:54 pm
by wwbjd
Where do people put their works in progress?
More Korg MS2000 fun below..
http://www.sadrobit.com/music/km_poppy_tape2.mp3
Bass is way too heavy.
And uh, oops.. it's not off Geogaddi.
Maybe once I get it all done I'll post the midi file

And maybe after I finish recording it I'll remix0rize it.
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:57 pm
by radiateme
wwbjd wrote:Where do people put their works in progress?
More Korg MS2000 fun below..
http://www.sadrobit.com/music/km_poppy_tape2.mp3Bass is way too heavy.
And uh, oops.. it's not off Geogaddi.
Maybe once I get it all done I'll post the midi file

And maybe after I finish recording it I'll remix0rize it.
Nice rendition.
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:16 am
by jbuonacc
really like how this sounds so far!
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 4:18 pm
by Techboy
I think I'll try this. :>
By the way, @"I don't know the formula," didn't BoC say once they did use the golden ratio (a:b::b:c) to create music sometimes before?
t
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:51 pm
by Cupz
Techboy wrote:I think I'll try this. :>
By the way, @"I don't know the formula," didn't BoC say once they did use the golden ratio (a:b::b:c) to create music sometimes before?
t
Right! the golden spiral!!No?
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:08 pm
by Techboy
Yes.
Oh, and I started to mess about with Julie and Candy. so far all I did was slow it down about 5% and mess about with the opening intro. First 40 seconds follow...
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?c ... Cur_40.mp3
Music really is math, open it up in a wave editor that lets you see the waveform.
Edit[2]: Oh and I'll try to mess around with music is math later. It's a well put together song so I should be able to pull out specific changes and patterns to experiment with.
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:41 pm
by six-five-two
I cant hear anything.
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:43 pm
by Techboy
six-five-two wrote:I cant hear anything.
it seems quieter there. lemme just reupload...
for now, try putting the volume up.
edit: uh, it actually got corrupt somehow. I'll redo some of it and try doing soemthing half-finished.

Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:49 pm
by monochrome
so I'm workin on a remix of sorts for Constants are Changing. I don't have any real synthesizers or anything, just a Tascam Pocketstudio 5 that I record guitar stuff on so everything in the song is made made with my guitar and effects pedals. no loops or anything. Its also not from Geogaddi... I was just lookin for a place to put a link.
Its pretty quiet at the moment on my comp, which I'll fix eventually. But you can have a listen here (unless you hate guitars, then you shouldn't):
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=Constants.MP3
Its not really done although I dunno if I'll ever get the motivation to finish it, I have to figure out how to bounce tracks to add anything more.

I wish I could make pro electronic stuff for it like you guys do lol.
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:06 pm
by ross adey
esky wrote:http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=Music_Is_Math_Paracatized_.mp3
Sorry Cupz, to my ears that's not working at all ! Come on folks, let's not ruin our favourite band's work. You cannot keep the artitstic level...!!! Do your own thing and post it...!!!
Greetz,Esky
ouch, that's a bit harsh man, there's no need.
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:18 pm
by six-five-two
monochrome wrote:so I'm workin on a remix of sorts for Constants are Changing. I don't have any real synthesizers or anything, just a Tascam Pocketstudio 5 that I record guitar stuff on so everything in the song is made made with my guitar and effects pedals. no loops or anything. Its also not from Geogaddi... I was just lookin for a place to put a link.
Its pretty quiet at the moment on my comp, which I'll fix eventually. But you can have a listen here (unless you hate guitars, then you shouldn't):
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=Constants.MP3Its not really done although I dunno if I'll ever get the motivation to finish it, I have to figure out how to bounce tracks to add anything more.

I wish I could make pro electronic stuff for it like you guys do lol.
Its blank. There is nothing playing.
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 pm
by Cupz
six-five-two wrote:monochrome wrote:so I'm workin on a remix...
Its blank. There is nothing playing.
lol...its a remix of magic window....

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:03 pm
by monochrome
Cupz wrote:lol...its a remix of magic window....

haha I said t was quiet, shouldn't have been THAT quiet though...
Anyway here is one at about as loud as I could get it, I had my heapphone wolume too high while recording so the tracks turned out a lil too quiet but this version should sound alright. Its sounds fine in my itunes.
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=audio&file=CONST.MP3 or
http://rapidshare.de/files/23798951/CONST.MP3.html
ADVISORY: its quite primitive because it was made entirely with guitar and 3 effects pedals, don't expect anything too great.
If anyone knows a better place to put files, please lemme know cuz I used to have a site where I could store the things I recorded but its gone. ANd I have yet to figure out track bouncing still...
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:50 pm
by Cupz
haha, not even NEARLY as good as the original. Is it supposed to sound like that or do you have to tune you're guitar
keep up the good work

Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:59 pm
by monochrome
Haha yea I'm working with limited equipment here... guitar and 3 effects pedals... one of which is breaking and making things sound flat now...
I think its a step up from the magic window remix though.
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:00 pm
by Cupz
monochrome wrote:Haha yea I'm working with limited equipment here... guitar and 3 effects pedals... one of which is breaking and making things sound flat now...
I think its a step up from the magic window remix though.
haha...although I thing the concept is very cool (Magic window remix)
Cant you download effects??
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:05 pm
by monochrome
Cupz wrote:
Cant you download effects??
Download effects? Sounds far too advanced for me. I get my effects from:
and the like.
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:11 pm
by Cupz
My nephew also does that.But I think you can alter your sounds with cool-edit or so:S
add some delay,review etc.