yeah the movies bad...anybody with the money and time could make an indie 'cult' movie that strikes the heart of all the cure fans in my school...the ones that wear t shirts of right on themselves the exact numbers donnie faces...
and agreed with eatshit, any movie can awards it doenst make it great...
YELLOW wrote:yeah the movies bad...anybody with the money and time could make an indie 'cult' movie that strikes the heart of all the cure fans in my school...the ones that wear t shirts of right on themselves the exact numbers donnie faces...
and agreed with eatshit, any movie can awards it doenst make it great...
Fredd-E wrote:don't argue and bicker about Donnie Darko... either you like it or not. case closed.
I loved it. period.
I also love Lynch his movies... I love films about paranormal things; it intrigues me and as such Donnie Darko intrigued me.
It's all a matter of taste anyways.
See, Donnie Darko is on a list my professor gave me of movies he thought I'd like. But I've always passed it over at blockbuster thinking it was some stupid college kids movie or something. (this is based on a cursory glance at the cover)
Fredd-E wrote:don't argue and bicker about Donnie Darko... either you like it or not. case closed.
I loved it. period.
I also love Lynch his movies... I love films about paranormal things; it intrigues me and as such Donnie Darko intrigued me.
It's all a matter of taste anyways.
See, Donnie Darko is on a list my professor gave me of movies he thought I'd like. But I've always passed it over at blockbuster thinking it was some stupid college kids movie or something. (this is based on a cursory glance at the cover)
What do you guys like about it?
* very creepy at times and eerie atmosphere.. quite haunting -- gave me the shivers at some times
* thrilled watching it -- wanting to know what's it all about (but in the end still being puzzled a bit which leads me to my following point)
* very mysterious
* paranormal things happening
* very good acting, imho
I saw this once almost 2 years ago, and I really liked it. It was at my friends house and there was drunk retarted people talking in the backround so it was hard to concentrate. Kind of like the Boc live sets. I'm gonna have to rent it and watch it again this weekend.
I'm looking forward to this one. James Ellroy is one of my favourite writers and this looks like it has captured the era and style of the book very well. Brian de Palma is directing so it will either be great or terrible - he veers between the two.
Derail wrote:I saw this once almost 2 years ago, and I really liked it. It was at my friends house and there was drunk retarted people talking in the backround so it was hard to concentrate. Kind of like the Boc live sets. I'm gonna have to rent it and watch it again this weekend.
Fredd-E wrote:don't argue and bicker about Donnie Darko... either you like it or not. case closed.
I loved it. period.
I also love Lynch his movies... I love films about paranormal things; it intrigues me and as such Donnie Darko intrigued me.
It's all a matter of taste anyways.
I don't won't to argue about Donnie Darko, but i can't understand why people who like David Lynch talk like that about a similar movie. They just don't like it because it was a blockbuster, very snobbish.
Derail wrote:I saw this once almost 2 years ago, and I really liked it. It was at my friends house and there was drunk retarted people talking in the backround so it was hard to concentrate. Kind of like the Boc live sets. I'm gonna have to rent it and watch it again this weekend.
I bought it on dvd last year for 10 euro.
Are you still talking about Donnie Darko? It was actually given away free with a sunday newspaper here a couple of months ago! It was the directors cut too.
Just seen: Shadows_John Cassavetes [1959]
Inventing American indie cinema before QT was even born, writer-director John Cassavetes debut feature is a rough hewn landmark. Taking a subject matter that '50s Hollywood wouldn touch with a barge-pole, the tensions within a black family arising when a young woman (Leila Goldoni) starts dating white men Cassavetes ignores all the tricks of the mainstream to jazz up his simple story, instead opting for an almost home movie approach where you are allowed to get under the skin of the central character. It may seem somewhat dated now but as both a document of '60s Bohemian New York and the birth of American indie, this is essential.