Page 124 of 193
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:56 am
by GH
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:59 am
by Elephant Face
This made me smile. It sounds like you had fun making it too.
Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:18 pm
by Perch
GH wrote:https://soundcloud.com/imploded-view/thursday-at-7
haha that was fantastic. REALLY loved the sample/percussion thing going on.
Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:18 pm
by 2020k
This was a visual to "Closed Cases" that I completely forgot about until I found it randomly in my files last night. Realistically, this was something I worked on almost two years ago, but it feels like a new project watching it back.... ENJOY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfdzQbPiFS8
Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:32 pm
by Dudeman162
I made a cover of Axel F on my electronic piano one time.
Posted: Thu May 01, 2014 8:24 pm
by GH
Elephant Face wrote:This made me smile. It sounds like you had fun making it too.
Thanks for listening man. Yeah it was one of the more fun things I've recorded.
@Perch: Thanks a million! Glad you like it.
Funny thing is, the track was played in full on national radio today here in Ireland, including intro and all. Genuinely made me laugh out loud.

Posted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:32 pm
by Perch
I finally put this little guy together. Nothing huge, but feel free to give it a listen, and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks if they've got the time!
https://perch.bandcamp.com/
Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:42 am
by lyst
Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:11 pm
by kurtnirvna
Perch wrote:I finally put this little guy together. Nothing huge, but feel free to give it a listen, and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks if they've got the time!
https://perch.bandcamp.com/
really enjoying this, Perch! wonderfully clean mixes with just enough grunge and vinyl/tape noise to make it warm and comforting. Almost felt like I was traipsing around a renaissance faire for a lot of it. "Whom" has such a fantastic assortment of seemingly disparate voicings, with strings blending so seamlessly with chugging guitar. fantastically executed.
and man, I
love everything about your aesthetic. the artwork for this EP is beautiful and matches the tone of the music so well. great job.
Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:43 pm
by Perch
kurtnirvna wrote:Perch wrote:I finally put this little guy together. Nothing huge, but feel free to give it a listen, and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks if they've got the time!
https://perch.bandcamp.com/
really enjoying this, Perch! wonderfully clean mixes with just enough grunge and vinyl/tape noise to make it warm and comforting. Almost felt like I was traipsing around a renaissance faire for a lot of it. "Whom" has such a fantastic assortment of seemingly disparate voicings, with strings blending so seamlessly with chugging guitar. fantastically executed.
and man, I
love everything about your aesthetic. the artwork for this EP is beautiful and matches the tone of the music so well. great job.
Thanks for taking a listen! It really means a ton. Haha I think the designs have been about as fun to work on as the music. Can't wait to keep on going with these "chapters"
Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:03 pm
by Betterthanyourkids
https://soundcloud.com/betaphax/reforestation-area It's aight
Also Perch lovin your sound! Especially the title track, it's super clean yet so heavy.
Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 pm
by kurtnirvna
Betterthanyourkids wrote:https://soundcloud.com/betaphax/reforestation-area It's aight
laid back and perfect for a hazy summer night. nice one!
Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:24 pm
by Perch
this sounds really great man, those tampered-with vocals are surreal (at least I think they're vocals). I'm liking this one a lotlotlotlot.
Betterthanyourkids wrote:https://soundcloud.com/betaphax/reforestation-area It's aight
that phone sound that you used in this one is really haunting, I don't know why. You used it in your main ep, right? It evokes an immediate sense of loneliness, like trying to get in touch with a person whos lost the line entirely. Chords are beautiful too, man. DANG.
Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 4:30 pm
by Betterthanyourkids
Perch wrote:
that phone sound that you used in this one is really haunting, I don't know why. You used it in your main ep, right? It evokes an immediate sense of loneliness, like trying to get in touch with a person whos lost the line entirely. Chords are beautiful too, man. DANG.
Haha yeah you caught me with the dial up sample. Love me number stations and #station sounding samples! But yeah thanks a lot man, I decided to go a more BoC sounding route with this one and was worried it would sound derivative. Thanks for the feedback!
Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:32 pm
by ajog
Here's my latest -
http://ajourneyofgiraffes.bandcamp.com/ ... -brochures
arcane, nostalgic, sort of a documentary set to music.
Might appeal to some.
(free or name-your-price)
Posted: Thu May 15, 2014 5:34 pm
by ajog
oh, and the big magilla is this (by my band)-
http://expo.bandcamp.com/album/unexplained-phenomena
A concept album based on the '70s tv show "In Search Of".
We even got a Leonard-Nimoy impersonator to kick off the festivities in the 1st track.
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 1:16 am
by GH
It puts me in a good mood when I see this thread getting used properly! So much so that I listened to a heap of stuff. Keep it up guys.
Sounds like some of the more obscure stuff from the '80s. A bit like Toyah forced her way into Simple Minds. Cool by me

Not what I was expecting. Nicely retro poppy stuff.
Perch wrote:I finally put this little guy together. Nothing huge, but feel free to give it a listen, and I'd love to hear what anyone thinks if they've got the time!
https://perch.bandcamp.com/
Hey Perch. I tried to listen to this the other day, but my broadband wasn't feeling very broad.
So I've had another listen today. A nice little EP, with "Whom" & "monster" being the standout tracks. You got some boc-y-ness going on. Nice work.
That's simply stunning. Lovely piece. The atmospheric breathiness in the intro reminded me of Tycho, but then the track went off in a wonderfully unique direction. Good job.
Betterthanyourkids wrote:https://soundcloud.com/betaphax/reforestation-area It's aight
I'm an absolute sucker for this type of thing. What technique are you using for the drifting detuney-ness? It's a little different to the norm, in a good way.
'60s Soundtrack loungey sounding stuff. It's great! Very pro sounding. Tip-top!
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:46 am
by Betterthanyourkids
oops double post!

Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:47 am
by Betterthanyourkids
https://soundcloud.com/betaphax/dek-loker Sorry to be bombing this thread with my tunes, but I made a hip-hop beat I just had to share. I recreated some Flylo beats and samples on my drum kit + my own production for this.
Also GH, thanks for taking a interest in the drift, cuz it took a lot of time to make! It's a large combo of a patch I made in Max that changes pitch in small increments according to MIDI note values, my own live knob twiddling and running the sample through a FX chain on one of my keyboards.
Posted: Fri May 16, 2014 2:02 pm
by kurtnirvna
Betterthanyourkids wrote:https://soundcloud.com/betaphax/dek-loker
nice man. that bell/vocal backing sample is perfect. i'd love to hear some drum variation when everything comes together around the 20s mark, but definitely a killer groove. got a very Prefuse 73 vibe to it.