Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:31 am


Lens Larque wrote:
Rodheh wrote:I have never really understood why girls who are like 5 foot 10 to six foot often despise their height.
Not only are you probably face to face with most guys you'd date, but you're tall enough to exert height dominance over pretty much every other woman you run into. You should be happy about that. In order for guys to do that, we have to be tall to the point where it becomes an inconvenience and then we're bumping our heads on a whole bunch of shit and almost hitting rollercoaster support bars.
The most common complaints I hear are:Rodheh wrote:I have never really understood why girls who are like 5 foot 10 to six foot often despise their height.
Not only are you probably face to face with most guys you'd date, but you're tall enough to exert height dominance over pretty much every other woman you run into. You should be happy about that. In order for guys to do that, we have to be tall to the point where it becomes an inconvenience and then we're bumping our heads on a whole bunch of shit and almost hitting rollercoaster support bars.
Vexille wrote:Many men are too insecure to date a woman taller than them.
dono wrote:ahem... my wife listens to BoC
Julian Candy wrote:There's this one girl at school that I kinda like, but I'm split as to what to do about it. We play the same instrument (bass) and she looks nice, but I think I overheard her and a friend on the bus discussing drugs. That really made me feel like a piece of shit given I'm a sqeaky-clean goody two-shoes when it comes to shit like drugs. If that wasn't enough, she recently got a haircut and looks almost exactly like my sister.
The whole drugs thing really bothers me, do you think it's shallow of me to throw away a chance like this because of that?
Should you somehow get involved with her you are going to end up resenting her because of her drug habits. You shouldn't date anybody that has a habit, lifestyle or hobby you can't accept. I found out the hard way dating a woman obsessed with video games. Fuck that shit.Julian Candy wrote:There's this one girl at school that I kinda like, but I'm split as to what to do about it. We play the same instrument (bass) and she looks nice, but I think I overheard her and a friend on the bus discussing drugs. That really made me feel like a piece of shit given I'm a sqeaky-clean goody two-shoes when it comes to shit like drugs. If that wasn't enough, she recently got a haircut and looks almost exactly like my sister.
The whole drugs thing really bothers me, do you think it's shallow of me to throw away a chance like this because of that?
Vexille wrote:Should you somehow get involved with her you are going to end up resenting her because of her drug habits. You shouldn't date anybody that has a habit, lifestyle or hobby you can't accept. I found out the hard way dating a woman obsessed with video games. Fuck that shit.Julian Candy wrote:There's this one girl at school that I kinda like, but I'm split as to what to do about it. We play the same instrument (bass) and she looks nice, but I think I overheard her and a friend on the bus discussing drugs. That really made me feel like a piece of shit given I'm a sqeaky-clean goody two-shoes when it comes to shit like drugs. If that wasn't enough, she recently got a haircut and looks almost exactly like my sister.
The whole drugs thing really bothers me, do you think it's shallow of me to throw away a chance like this because of that?
A_Northern_Soul wrote:Well here's a turn up - never saw myself writing a post like this, in this thread....
....don't judge me, Twoism.....
I'm a 32yr old, married man, I have a baby, a job, my own business, a mortgage and a sensible car.....
.... I also have a "crush" on someone. To a frankly embarrassing extent. That is the only word I can use to describe the situation. Like I'm 13 or something. Nothing will happen, nothing can happen - both the obvious and other reasons.
Picture the scene - you're "friends" with someone on Twitter, you swap the odd friendly email, that's all fine. She's attractive and bright and funny, but that's fine - so are a lot of my friends. Said friend goes on holiday and suddenly - via Twitter - becomes a MASSIVE flirt. Friendly, slightly flirty DMs are exchanged, she comes back from holiday and I receive an email rather than more Twitter exchanges - all just friendly, I reply, she replies, I reply, I obsessively check my inbox for a reply and am apparently genuinely gutted that I haven't had a reply. Help me Twoism; I seem to be 14 again!
The issue for me was; I was a casual gamer so I didn't think it would be so bad. I just went for it with an open mind. Then I realized how much she actually did play games. And how much she missed out on life. Moderation yo!Waterbagel wrote:Vexille wrote:Should you somehow get involved with her you are going to end up resenting her because of her drug habits. You shouldn't date anybody that has a habit, lifestyle or hobby you can't accept. I found out the hard way dating a woman obsessed with video games. Fuck that shit.Julian Candy wrote:There's this one girl at school that I kinda like, but I'm split as to what to do about it. We play the same instrument (bass) and she looks nice, but I think I overheard her and a friend on the bus discussing drugs. That really made me feel like a piece of shit given I'm a sqeaky-clean goody two-shoes when it comes to shit like drugs. If that wasn't enough, she recently got a haircut and looks almost exactly like my sister.
The whole drugs thing really bothers me, do you think it's shallow of me to throw away a chance like this because of that?
unhealthy habits, sure. but this might not be so bad. agreed with polar. if it's anything too hard, watch out. if it's something light/recreational.. try going with the flow. ends up not being for you? that's cool. now ya know! experience is what it's all about; finding out what ya like!
Vexille wrote:The issue for me was; I was a casual gamer so I didn't think it would be so bad. I just went for it with an open mind. Then I realized how much she actually did play games. And how much she missed out on life. Moderation yo!Waterbagel wrote:Vexille wrote:Should you somehow get involved with her you are going to end up resenting her because of her drug habits. You shouldn't date anybody that has a habit, lifestyle or hobby you can't accept. I found out the hard way dating a woman obsessed with video games. Fuck that shit.Julian Candy wrote:There's this one girl at school that I kinda like, but I'm split as to what to do about it. We play the same instrument (bass) and she looks nice, but I think I overheard her and a friend on the bus discussing drugs. That really made me feel like a piece of shit given I'm a sqeaky-clean goody two-shoes when it comes to shit like drugs. If that wasn't enough, she recently got a haircut and looks almost exactly like my sister.
The whole drugs thing really bothers me, do you think it's shallow of me to throw away a chance like this because of that?
unhealthy habits, sure. but this might not be so bad. agreed with polar. if it's anything too hard, watch out. if it's something light/recreational.. try going with the flow. ends up not being for you? that's cool. now ya know! experience is what it's all about; finding out what ya like!
Good luck to the moron who gets her, thenUstillhavefriends wrote:my gf just broke up with me after i made her sit through the whole 10 minute Windowlicker video. she said she was confused and scared, guess shes not the one