Page 3 of 3

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:44 pm
by Cab Dreaming
Did somebody say The End?

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:42 pm
by bearhead
Yellow Records wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
RSwessem wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:If I were Boards of Canada, I would make music till the day I die.

And adopt an apprentice to learn my skills and methods to pass them onto further generations. please be me.


On a related note, do Michael and/or Marcus have any children? I vaguely remember reading about that. Anyway, if they do, it would be cool if their kids would succeed their fathers and continue the legacy that is Boards of Canada.


That would be cool indeed, however I feel Mike and Marcus have something special engrained in them from childhood which could not be replicated, even by their own kids.


VERY valid point, indeed.


How many musicians' kids actually fullfil their legacy? I mean, c'mon. :roll:

Posted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:35 pm
by zeoevil
bearhead wrote:How many musicians' kids actually fulfill their legacy? I mean, c'mon. :roll:

How many musicians' kids somehow traveled back in time to a unique moment in history rife with grainy documentaries, folk rock, psychedelics, and Sesame Street?

Posted: Fri May 03, 2013 6:52 am
by Fredd-E
Contract-wise it will not be the end if this interview is correct: http://bocpages.org/wiki/Interviews#2005-10:_OOR (November 2005)

DUTCH:
Ze hebben plannen voor soloprojecten. Ze zijn in onderhandeling over een soundtrack van een grote film. Ze zijn alweer aan een nieuwe Boards Of Canada-plaat begonnen (ze hebben nog een contract voor drie albums bij Warp). Mike: 'De volgende plaat zal voor iedereen als een shock komen. Dit verwacht niemand van ons.' En er zijn zowaar plannen voor wat liveshows met band in het voorjaar. Maar dat gerucht ging drie jaar geleden ook. Sindsdien zwegen ze.


ENGLISH
They have plans for solo projects. They are negotiating a soundtrack of a major motion picture. They have already started a new Boards Of Canada-album (they have a contract for three more albums on Warp). Mike: 'The next album will come as a shock to everyone. No one will expect this from us. "And there are actually plans for some live shows with the band in spring. But that rumor was already three years ago. Since then they were silent.

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:15 am
by seanandcandy
(they have a contract for three more albums on Warp).


so is that one more minus trans canada highway and now tomorrow's harvest?

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:30 am
by Vostok
seanandcandy wrote:
(they have a contract for three more albums on Warp).


so is that one more minus trans canada highway and now tomorrow's harvest?


but it talks about them going silent and they only really went silent after trans-canada highway

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 2:19 pm
by energywarning
Nxzl wrote:There will be at least another EP.
Why?
Because I dreamt of it last night, no joke!

To be honest last night I dreamt of getting trouble ordering it through the bleep shop - then I woke up, very upset aha.
Yeah, it was an EP to be released before the LP, though this is very unlikely. Who knows by the way.


That's not that crazy. I once dreamed that I was seeing them live in an amphitheater-type venue. They had that interview were they mentioned the idea of playing live. And when I was seeing them...it was so disheartening to hear everybody talking as if they were disinterested (think the chatter in the bootlegs).

Posted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:15 pm
by rainier
I had a dream the other day that the new album had a really dark ambient version of sir prancelot brainfire.

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:04 am
by North by North
bearhead wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:
MindElevation wrote:
RSwessem wrote:
Yellow Records wrote:If I were Boards of Canada, I would make music till the day I die.

And adopt an apprentice to learn my skills and methods to pass them onto further generations. please be me.


On a related note, do Michael and/or Marcus have any children? I vaguely remember reading about that. Anyway, if they do, it would be cool if their kids would succeed their fathers and continue the legacy that is Boards of Canada.


That would be cool indeed, however I feel Mike and Marcus have something special engrained in them from childhood which could not be replicated, even by their own kids.


VERY valid point, indeed.


How many musicians' kids actually fullfil their legacy? I mean, c'mon. :roll:


Congrats on the 666 post. :)

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:21 am
by Elexen
No, I don't think so. Artists don't "retire" or "quit" making music. Sometimes they think they can. But no, they can't until they die. They just take breaks. They can definitely put one project to bed and start another but they never stop creating.

As far as Boards, I think they'll keep it alive. I mean, they're brothers, it's a great bond and partnership. I think Boards will go on till one of them leaves the planet.
They may not put out another album again, IDK, but I don't think they'll announce an end. I wouldn't.

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:29 am
by m.oreilly
egbdf wrote:For all we know they've been releasing non-BoC-like music under some pseudonym and will continue to do so.

I can't see them stopping making music, but I can see them running out of new ideas as Boards of Canada.

But if they wanted to release something that sounds hardly like BoC, they would probably do it secretly under a pseudonym because they wouldn't want people listening to it with the bias that they are Mike and Marcus.

Seems like they may have said they'd like to do this in an interview.

i was thinking this too. i don't know the details of their contracts. anything in this vein is possible.

Posted: Sun May 05, 2013 2:43 am
by rainier
Elexen wrote:As far as Boards, I think they'll keep it alive. I mean, they're brothers, it's a great bond and partnership. I think Boards will go on till one of them leaves the planet.

aww man, that just evoked a really sad image for me. And made me want to call my brother.

But yeah, I agree, you don't make music your whole life and then just stop. I think it's just a question if they'll want to share it with the wider world. I seriously can't imagine what it feels like to have a huge following waiting for your every move and how it effects the creative process and how you relate to your art.