Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:09 pm
This thread reeks of hypocrisy
Opothecary wrote:Maybe this same transition into stable adulthood and family life is what has caused some people to feel they've lost their love for new BoC material, but I personally don't feel that way. I think in some cases your enjoyment and love for an artist has to do with where you're at, and where they're at when they make a seminal piece of work. Chances are over the years, the listener and the creator will both drift away from what created that connection in the first place, often in opposing directions.
It's easy for me to recognize because I can remember liking NIN as a teenager, BoC felt like my transition to real adult music. Thankfully, to those paying attention, BoC has tried really hard to avoid going back to the well, filtering their "sound" through different concepts over the years. This means that maybe not every piece of work is for everyone. I really loved TH because it brought me back to what I liked listening to as a teenager, with a more mature sound. They took me away from darker music, now it's nice to revisit it 15 years later. It really was a full circle type experience for me - I never thought the group that opened my ears to different sounds and even different ways of thinking would drop me off right where they picked me up.
Somehow in all that, they've created their best piece of music in YEARS (that sits right up there with EYDIAB, An Eagle in Your Mind and 5-9-78) with Nothing is Real (in my opinion of course)
As a content adult, I can tell when another content adult is trying to be something they are not. He's not feeling it, and I'm not feeling it either. Trent Reznor is in NIN emulation mode in 2013.
Opothecary wrote:Wisdom.
Opothecary wrote:Rodheh wrote:See, I understand how to recognize when an artist puts out an album that's not as good as what they've done before but is still good.
I think you're being way too authoritative about something that like you said, is an opinion. Cherry picking a few songs that YOU like and compiling them (not even remixed) for public consumption is the ultimate statement to the world that you and only you can decide what is worthy and what is not.
zeoevil wrote:Opothecary wrote:Wisdom.
You are my new favorite poster.
North by North wrote:Naicob isn't a troll man. He just didn't like the new NIN album- it sounded like all other NIN sounds TO HIM (not you). You posted massive walls of text in response to his reaction to the album. You could have just agreed to disagree, but instead went on a NIN rampage- which is why I made the bees nest comment.
I meant no harm and do understand yr point, but I disagree with you calling Niacob a troll.
Anyway, I don't want to get off topic or cause a forum fight. I too feel like Twoism is a good place, so hopefully no hard feelings.
Rodheh wrote:Where? Where has anything he said been anything close to wisdom? Can you point it out? Is the reason you removed it because it is not there?
Rodheh wrote:By the way, thank you for your assumption regarding how I apparently will inevitably take out of context the post of a friend of mine of whom I've had many IMs with and have no issue understanding.
zeoevil wrote:Rodheh wrote:Where? Where has anything he said been anything close to wisdom? Can you point it out? Is the reason you removed it because it is not there?
I identified with what he posted about music and I chose to express that in as simple a manner as I could. I grew up on Ministry, Skinny Puppy, and, yes, Nine Inch Nails. I haven't liked very much of any of these artist's newest albums for quite some time. Although, admittedly, I haven't heard enough of them to decide I don't like them enough to complain about it, but I digress. What he posted about music was very accurate to me. Also, I prefer to avoid massive walls of text.
zeoevil wrote:Rodheh wrote:By the way, thank you for your assumption regarding how I apparently will inevitably take out of context the post of a friend of mine of whom I've had many IMs with and have no issue understanding.
Last time you gave me pie, I cut into it with my tiny pie-cutter, and millions of birds flew out, hitting me in the eyes and the temples! I was confused! 'Twas a trick pie!
Rodheh wrote:zeoevil wrote:Last time you gave me pie, I cut into it with my tiny pie-cutter, and millions of birds flew out, hitting me in the eyes and the temples! I was confused! 'Twas a trick pie!
I do not respect this post. The millions of birds were actually bats, and they hit you in the forehead - not the temples - they had to resuscitate you using only a set of spoons salvaged from the sinking of the RMS Titanic and although you were in an extremely drugged stated where you were probably not going to remember anything, you had thanked me (or a DJ, can't remember which one) for saving your life the night prior, but I digress.
zeoevil wrote:You aren't a fan of deeply insightful comments disguised as random British humor references, are you?
Rodheh wrote:Opothecary wrote:Rodheh wrote:See, I understand how to recognize when an artist puts out an album that's not as good as what they've done before but is still good.
I think you're being way too authoritative about something that like you said, is an opinion. Cherry picking a few songs that YOU like and compiling them (not even remixed) for public consumption is the ultimate statement to the world that you and only you can decide what is worthy and what is not.
You know, fuck this thread then. I did not blatantly state that it was a fan work and blatantly state "Anyways, before you react, whatever reaction it may be - REMEMBER! This is just a fan screwing around with BoC's work, so please don't be upset if you loved TH and despise me for doing this." to be called out as some sort of arbiter of what's worthy and what isn't. I agree with Synesthesia 100% and I really don't have much else to say other than that "I can remember liking NIN as a teenager, BoC felt like my transition to real adult music" is such a ridiculous statement to make regarding the criticisms you have made about me (by the way, I got into BoC at least three years before getting into NIN). Also, the implication that NIN was ever industrial music as opposed to various forms of post-industrial (with possibly the exception of the Fixed EP) and even just barely or that this album is angsty industrial music of any kind is ridiculous.
The fact that ...
zeoevil wrote:Rodheh wrote:zeoevil wrote:Last time you gave me pie, I cut into it with my tiny pie-cutter, and millions of birds flew out, hitting me in the eyes and the temples! I was confused! 'Twas a trick pie!
I do not respect this post. The millions of birds were actually bats, and they hit you in the forehead - not the temples - they had to resuscitate you using only a set of spoons salvaged from the sinking of the RMS Titanic and although you were in an extremely drugged stated where you were probably not going to remember anything, you had thanked me (or a DJ, can't remember which one) for saving your life the night prior, but I digress.
You aren't a fan of deeply insightful comments disguised as random British humor references, are you?
circleofthesun wrote:Rodheh wrote:Opothecary wrote:Rodheh wrote:See, I understand how to recognize when an artist puts out an album that's not as good as what they've done before but is still good.
I think you're being way too authoritative about something that like you said, is an opinion. Cherry picking a few songs that YOU like and compiling them (not even remixed) for public consumption is the ultimate statement to the world that you and only you can decide what is worthy and what is not.
You know, fuck this thread then. I did not blatantly state that it was a fan work and blatantly state "Anyways, before you react, whatever reaction it may be - REMEMBER! This is just a fan screwing around with BoC's work, so please don't be upset if you loved TH and despise me for doing this." to be called out as some sort of arbiter of what's worthy and what isn't. I agree with Synesthesia 100% and I really don't have much else to say other than that "I can remember liking NIN as a teenager, BoC felt like my transition to real adult music" is such a ridiculous statement to make regarding the criticisms you have made about me (by the way, I got into BoC at least three years before getting into NIN). Also, the implication that NIN was ever industrial music as opposed to various forms of post-industrial (with possibly the exception of the Fixed EP) and even just barely or that this album is angsty industrial music of any kind is ridiculous.
The fact that ...
Essentially[/url]