Page 3 of 4
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:53 am
by The Telepathic Kid
how's the group after this release? Is the bandcamp going off? are you guys getting any label deals yet? because you really should. It's climbing up my best of the year list.
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:11 am
by Mexicola
TTK, ADecentMan is currently travelling through Europe so I'm not sure how often he'll check this. Hope he doesn't mind, but when he stayed at our place back in July he told me The Sweet Boys had broken up.
Gutted wasn't the word, let me tell you. I had big hopes for this band..
In other news, he showed me some insane footage of them recording the record and it was mind blowing. Hope he shares some of those vids one day. They deserve to be seen!
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 am
by The Telepathic Kid
oh really? That's shitty. I've been showing this to everyone I know whose taste even slightly veers into left field territory, and been getting back nothing but thank you's and praise.
It sounds better than a lot of what is released on major labels, but if the upcoming stuff is as good, then I have high hopes.
Like some times I hear stuff from here and I enjoy it but you know it won't ever get much exposure, but I was listening to this and thinking "Man, why aren't these guys on a label and touring with a supporting slot for Radiohead or something"
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:22 am
by The Telepathic Kid
*if any music he works on in the future is as good, then I have high hopes.
>_>
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:12 am
by Mexicola
Agree 100%
For me, they should be signed, touring, playing Glastonbury and blazing trails a la TalkTalk, Radiohead et al. I'll say this for ADM however, he's the most principled artist I've met. He genuinely doesn't seem to give two hoots about money, or even adulation. His integrity is incredibly strong from that viewpoint. Guess this band will pass into legend. One perfect record, then gone. Amazing.
One day, I might give you all the full story behind The Sweet Boys, Twoism and what could have been but now is not the time or place. Cryptic enough for you?!? Ha ha..
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:33 pm
by Aerial Boundaries
I'll just come in and say (and I hope ADM doesn't mind), that he also said back at the meet that he was in a period where he doesn't feel the *need* to make music. He didn't seem hugely bothered about it, though that may be because he is good at taking things in his stride. I am not sure if this period came about because of the breakup, or whether it would've come about anyway.
Anyway you are so right Mex, he has a huge amount of integrity. I wish there were more like him in the world. Feel free to correct me ADM, but I have a feeling you'll make a massive comeback when you feel like it!

Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:02 pm
by The Telepathic Kid
that's really interesting, because I use making music as a way to let some of that black ooze inside out in a relatively safe way.
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:22 pm
by Cupz
No *need* to make music? WTF DOES THAT MEAN!?
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:10 pm
by fujee
Fuck, this album is so good isn't it?
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:37 pm
by Mexicola
Still a toss up between this and Sufjan for album of the year for me.
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:14 pm
by Techboy
johnny boy would have loved this. x
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:32 pm
by Mexicola
Listened twice today. Still sounds massive. Staggering. Love this so much.
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:38 pm
by Dandegyrecorder
this fuckin rules so far
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:02 pm
by Mexicola
Look what a rather nice chap, some might even say A DECENT MAN, just sent me from the States!! Totally stoked to listen to this tomorrow

Thanks dude, you're a legend my friend!


Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:00 am
by Techboy
aah...where do i send my money?!
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:15 am
by Mexicola
Techboy wrote:aah...where do i send my money?!
He said hello by the way. Think he's jealous we're off back to Knoydart;-)
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:42 pm
by fujee
Mexicola wrote:Techboy wrote:aah...where do i send my money?!
He said hello by the way. Think he's jealous we're off back to Knoydart;-)
Are you? Where is my invite
Secondly, I want a tape!!
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:51 pm
by Mexicola
Lol! Mate, you KNOW you'd be welcome, but my new bird will be in tow and I'd be petrified your dashing wit and charm would sway her. No such fear with Techboy, naturally.

Joking big fella!! He added quickly, realising the chances of a night on the razzle in Glasgow could leave me open to payback.
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:28 pm
by North by North
3 songs left- F me. I did not see this before. Sounds amazing.
This belongs on the headliner stage for sure.
A+++
Re: The Sweet Boys - Foible Pangs
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:42 pm
by fujee
Mexicola wrote:Lol! Mate, you KNOW you'd be welcome, but my new bird will be in tow and I'd be petrified your dashing wit and charm would sway her. No such fear with Techboy, naturally.

Joking big fella!! He added quickly, realising the chances of a night on the razzle in Glasgow could leave me open to payback.
Haha fair play man, thought I'd been exiled from the clan there! Hope it goes well! Go easy on him Mark
