The North Face

Moderators: Aesthetics, Drones, Hexagon Sun

User avatar
DaveJ
Sherbet Head
Posts: 550
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:50 pm
Location: Ireland

Post by DaveJ »

The brothers seem to like their outdoor clothing, and seem to do a bit of adventuring, there's hardly any connection between BoC and NF, really. They probably just like the clothes...
User avatar
jcnporter
Dayvan Cowboy
Posts: 1442
Joined: Tue May 21, 2013 9:37 pm

Post by jcnporter »

Snufkin wrote:*bump*

Does anyone know any good alternative rain/coat gear to NF, but similar? NF stuff I've had in the past has been awesome, but it's just gotten so f*kin' expensive. I need a new coat this winter, and I usually buy things that last a f*cklong time (this purchase it to replace a previous NF rain-coat, which I've had for more than 10-years, and even tho it still "works", I feel that I can justify a once-in-ten-years buy... (but would still like to avoid some of these ridiculously high NF prices)).

Thx.


Mountain Equipment and Jack Wolfskin used to do really good stuff, not really sure what they're like now for price or quality. Sadly, in general there seems to be few companies whose products haven't decreased in quality during the past few decades of globalisation.
User avatar
nick47
Sherbet Head
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 6:53 pm
Location: Colorado

Post by nick47 »

LOL at the 6 year bump on a thread.... how the hell?

Anyways. I just got a nice and warm LLBean jacket for 100$ and I am very happy with it.
"We're just a band. Not an IDM band, not an electronic band, and not a dance band."

"An imaginary road trip in a rusty pick-up heading west through the brain"
User avatar
TontoExpands
Boqurant
Posts: 59
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:04 am
Location: USA

Post by TontoExpands »

Columbia > North Face
User avatar
Snufkin
Sherbet Head
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Snufkin »

Thx for tips! >_<
User avatar
akrotiri
Posts Quantity
Posts: 157
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 2:15 pm
Location: rocky mountains

Post by akrotiri »

i have a nice columbia jacket. very very warm and cozy
User avatar
Snufkin
Sherbet Head
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:55 pm

Post by Snufkin »

Yeah I've been checking out Columbia stuff now they've had a couple of mentions. Stuff looks alright. It's good to get first-hand tips too.

Also... a big selling point is their prices don't seem to go anywhere near as high as North Face.
User avatar
A_Northern_Soul
Happy Cycler
Posts: 2768
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:13 am
Location: Edinburgh

Post by A_Northern_Soul »

We're already WAY off BoC territory here - maybe the Playground needs a "now wearing" thread ;) - but I may as well chip in. There's an Icelandic brand called 66 Degrees North which looks the business - it was everywhere when I visited Iceland a few years ago. Sadly didn't get anything as it was *so* eye-wateringly expensive (like everything in Iceland), but seems great quality.
Post a reply