Page 3 of 3
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:43 am
by DaveJ
The brothers seem to like their outdoor clothing, and seem to do a bit of adventuring, there's hardly any connection between BoC and NF, really. They probably just like the clothes...
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 pm
by jcnporter
Snufkin wrote:*bump*
Does anyone know any good alternative rain/coat gear to NF, but similar? NF stuff I've had in the past has been awesome, but it's just gotten so f*kin' expensive. I need a new coat this winter, and I usually buy things that last a f*cklong time (this purchase it to replace a previous NF rain-coat, which I've had for more than 10-years, and even tho it still "works", I feel that I can justify a once-in-ten-years buy... (but would still like to avoid some of these ridiculously high NF prices)).
Thx.
Mountain Equipment and Jack Wolfskin used to do really good stuff, not really sure what they're like now for price or quality. Sadly, in general there seems to be few companies whose products haven't decreased in quality during the past few decades of globalisation.
Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:25 pm
by nick47
LOL at the 6 year bump on a thread.... how the hell?
Anyways. I just got a nice and warm LLBean jacket for 100$ and I am very happy with it.
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:07 am
by TontoExpands
Columbia > North Face
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:11 am
by Snufkin
Thx for tips! >_<
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:40 pm
by akrotiri
i have a nice columbia jacket. very very warm and cozy
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:22 pm
by Snufkin
Yeah I've been checking out Columbia stuff now they've had a couple of mentions. Stuff looks alright. It's good to get first-hand tips too.
Also... a big selling point is their prices don't seem to go anywhere near as high as North Face.
Posted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
We're already WAY off BoC territory here - maybe the Playground needs a "now wearing" thread ;) - but I may as well chip in. There's an Icelandic brand called 66 Degrees North which looks the business - it was everywhere when I visited Iceland a few years ago. Sadly didn't get anything as it was *so* eye-wateringly expensive (like everything in Iceland), but seems great quality.