Page 3 of 4

Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:05 pm
by Basepair
new to the board, but would be interested in submitting some work for this.

Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:35 am
by turquoise70
quick question since we're talking about remixes.

actually i'm not even sure how to phrase the question. it has to do with parts. as in, parts of a song you put up so that it can be remixed.

i don't really keep those around. or, i keep them, but not labeled and i don't pay attention to them. i think if someone wants to remix my song the best they can do is ask me for an unmixed copy of the track.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:44 am
by Colorform Sun
as i'm new here and hoping to contribute original tracks to the next volume, i agree with the idea that the remix be a seperate endeavor. i love remixing, and it would definitely further the spirit of collaboration that's already strong here, as well as act as some kind of transition for the rookies such as myself to wriggle their way into the community creatively. i'm definitely game.

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:59 am
by Shadowshocker
Aesthetics wrote:
Cupz wrote:I feel very happy about the fact that I´m in :D But sad about the fact others can´t be heard. Perhaps a thread where everyone posts their submissions is in order?

That's a great idea Cupz, but only if it's after the release of volume2.


What ever happened to this idea? I would still like to hear some of the other submissions!

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 4:58 am
by 747Music
Shadowshocker wrote:
Aesthetics wrote:
Cupz wrote:I feel very happy about the fact that I´m in :D But sad about the fact others can´t be heard. Perhaps a thread where everyone posts their submissions is in order?

That's a great idea Cupz, but only if it's after the release of volume2.


What ever happened to this idea? I would still like to hear some of the other submissions!


I second this, I'd love to hear more as well. Let those who didn't make the cut shine.

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:37 am
by Roobix
Would it be a bad idea to learn how to remix something before being comfortable making one's own music?

I'm finally going to have some time this summer to sit down with my new midi sequencer and try to create some of the tunes that have been floating around in my head, but I obviously want to join in the fun too... I just have a lot to learn first!

Posted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:29 pm
by Cupz
Roobix wrote:Would it be a bad idea to learn how to remix something before being comfortable making one's own music?

I'm finally going to have some time this summer to sit down with my new midi sequencer and try to create some of the tunes that have been floating around in my head, but I obviously want to join in the fun too... I just have a lot to learn first!


Depends on your definition of remix...

I personally believe remixing is taking a track...and twist your own style into it...this is hard to do without a style :wink:

Posted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:43 am
by Colorform Sun
has anyone started a thread for the newbies to be heard yet?

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 am
by Magic Brenda
Will this be the next One on Twoism release then? I've been enjoying vol.2 and I'd be interested in contributing to the next edition, whether it be a remix or an original composition.

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:07 am
by Aesthetics
Welcome to the forum Magic Brenda or should I say Richard?

The One on Twoism series should remain as it is imo. It'll only be feasible when there's a majority of votes but considering the replies in this thread I don't think it'll happen. Perhaps when OoT vol.10 hits the shelf? ;)

Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:20 am
by Magic Brenda
Yeah it's Richard. Magic Brenda is what one of my friends though Magic Window was called when she misheard me. I get what your saying, this thread is pretty empty.

Posted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:38 am
by Colorform Sun
Magic Brenda wrote:Yeah it's Richard. Magic Brenda is what one of my friends though Magic Window was called when she misheard me. I get what your saying, this thread is pretty empty.


which is why someone should start a thread for new folk to post their music for consideration, eh? i'll do it if no one else will.

Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:38 pm
by turquoise70
Hey guys.

We still have unfinished business:

- Remix album (maybe we can call it Wotmis or Smotwi)

- OoT:3

- Tracks that didn't make the cut to OoT:2

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:11 am
by Shadowshocker
turquoise70 wrote:Hey guys.

We still have unfinished business:

- Remix album (maybe we can call it Wotmis or Smotwi)

- OoT:3

- Tracks that didn't make the cut to OoT:2


What's Wotmis or Smotwi stand for? Did I miss something?

Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am
by mechanismj
Shadowshocker wrote:
turquoise70 wrote:Hey guys.

We still have unfinished business:

- Remix album (maybe we can call it Wotmis or Smotwi)

- OoT:3

- Tracks that didn't make the cut to OoT:2


What's Wotmis or Smotwi stand for? Did I miss something?


Looks like the word Twoism... remixed...

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:16 am
by Shadowshocker
Haha, wow I completely missed that.

An idea for the next One on Twoism (or any compilation for that matter...). I always wanted to make a whole album that synced to a specific video. Obviously, creating a whole entire movie would take a huge amount of time and effort, not to mention it would require a lot of planning and stuff. But I was always interested in doing a compilation with multiple people, where an already filmed movie would be used, and each scene would be separated and a song would be created for it. Then all the songs would be mixed down and would become a soundtrack to the movie. This might ruin the original ideas of the One on Twoism projects, but it would still be a really fun and interesting project if anyone is up for it.

Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:39 am
by Shadowshocker
Nobody?

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:00 pm
by dawnchorus329
or possibly Wotmis Vol.1?

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:20 pm
by Cupz
so...are we going to do this or what?

Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:28 pm
by Earthbound
I'm up for any following OoT! Remix, or genuine, its all gooood. :D
So guys, when will we start on this one. Aesthetics, you up for another going?