Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:22 pm
blimey TEKMOSIS..!.!..?
oscillik wrote:Tekmosis wrote:You're saying Boards of Canada isn't in it for the money. Someone on another thread said from a BoC interview 'BoC thinks its funny how people take there music so seriously'. Which makes me think.... Why does BoC continue to make music (as far as we know). They don't seem to care about the fans, the money, or the music. Why even bother releasing things?? I hear a lot of people on hear contine to say 'they are very "down to earth" people'.... Does being down to earth mean you doen't seem to have a care in the world? I'm starting to believe that. And another thing I frequently see is 'BoC's music is only intended for them, their friends, and their family'.... again, I don't understand why they have released music in the first place then- ....damn, my argument would be more complete but there music is just so awesome... they end up winning.... Sorry BoC
they're doing it solely to confuse you
audiotrack wrote:lets face it.
the future demise of BOC has been speculated here before.
but this thread is good in that it makes us think "is it just a new album or is it over and out".
they are supposedly going thro all the old material for a BOCset right?
maybe after that it will be curtains.
and as for warp ..?
piracy will probably kill them off..
Tekmosis wrote:audiotrack wrote:lets face it.
the future demise of BOC has been speculated here before.
but this thread is good in that it makes us think "is it just a new album or is it over and out".
they are supposedly going thro all the old material for a BOCset right?
maybe after that it will be curtains.
and as for warp ..?
piracy will probably kill them off..
See, I don't even care anymore. I don't want to specualte. I just love their music. That's all there is to it.
polar sky wrote:audiotrack wrote:polar sky wrote:Well, I am done with this thread, I was all excited about a new album coming out and hope of a good future for BoC, but this thread is a bummer. Bottom line is, not a damn person on this board (except MDG, maybe) knows anything about what is going on with BoC at this point. Chill and wait.
actually i think its a good thread. quite thought provoking. but your'e correct about MDG.
Yeah? Apples and Oranges. MDG = Semi Legit Info.
"quality over quantity"
oscillik wrote:Aesthetics wrote:oscillik wrote:the whole situation with Warp lately (and indeed labels in general) has gotten me thinking...what will happen to the roster of artists currently signed to Warp?
Warp have been making some rather questionable decisions lately, and to me it points to a label that is trying to stay afloat in an industry that is admittedly dying out due to the internet and piracy.
So what will happen to BoC when Warp sinks? because it will happen, and i would be bold enough to say that there won't be any Warp30 celebrations.
What are "rather questionable decisions" in your opinion? Do you think Warp will close their doors because they are changing direction and signing more rock bands than ever before?
I just got a message from Warpbot not to worry about their condition.
no i think Warp will close their doors because record labels in this day and age are struggling. my opinion is not a reflection on what kind of artists they have on the roster, it's to do with the very real threat to the industry of digital distribution.
the whole business model of what we know as a "record label" is fixated around selling physical product. Bleep is probably the only saving grace they have with regards to the music side of Warp.
novayshun wrote:oscillik wrote:Aesthetics wrote:oscillik wrote:the whole situation with Warp lately (and indeed labels in general) has gotten me thinking...what will happen to the roster of artists currently signed to Warp?
Warp have been making some rather questionable decisions lately, and to me it points to a label that is trying to stay afloat in an industry that is admittedly dying out due to the internet and piracy.
So what will happen to BoC when Warp sinks? because it will happen, and i would be bold enough to say that there won't be any Warp30 celebrations.
What are "rather questionable decisions" in your opinion? Do you think Warp will close their doors because they are changing direction and signing more rock bands than ever before?
I just got a message from Warpbot not to worry about their condition.
no i think Warp will close their doors because record labels in this day and age are struggling. my opinion is not a reflection on what kind of artists they have on the roster, it's to do with the very real threat to the industry of digital distribution.
the whole business model of what we know as a "record label" is fixated around selling physical product. Bleep is probably the only saving grace they have with regards to the music side of Warp.
how assumptuous of you
oscillik wrote:novayshun wrote:oscillik wrote:Aesthetics wrote:oscillik wrote:the whole situation with Warp lately (and indeed labels in general) has gotten me thinking...what will happen to the roster of artists currently signed to Warp?
Warp have been making some rather questionable decisions lately, and to me it points to a label that is trying to stay afloat in an industry that is admittedly dying out due to the internet and piracy.
So what will happen to BoC when Warp sinks? because it will happen, and i would be bold enough to say that there won't be any Warp30 celebrations.
What are "rather questionable decisions" in your opinion? Do you think Warp will close their doors because they are changing direction and signing more rock bands than ever before?
I just got a message from Warpbot not to worry about their condition.
no i think Warp will close their doors because record labels in this day and age are struggling. my opinion is not a reflection on what kind of artists they have on the roster, it's to do with the very real threat to the industry of digital distribution.
the whole business model of what we know as a "record label" is fixated around selling physical product. Bleep is probably the only saving grace they have with regards to the music side of Warp.
how assumptuous of you
and so welcome to an adult conversation
audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc..
everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience..sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!
Archrival wrote:I think I heard that music has the right to children sold around 100000 units and Geogaddi sold something around 85000...MDG?
I bet they got atleast 33% of the sales. I think BOC could easily live of the money they make from album sales only...I bet they sell 3000 units a year combined from downloads from the back catalouge etc and I bet they have a new contract that gives them atleast 50% of album sales. I don't think they are big spenders and live a simple life so no problem for them making a living out of music.
Tekmosis wrote:audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc..
everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience..sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!
!!!!!! HERE !!!!!!
audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc..
everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience..
sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!
dave_from_2001 wrote:audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc..
everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience..
sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!
I like novations's av's. keep up the good work.
audiotrack wrote:dave_from_2001 wrote:audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc..
everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience..
sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!
I like novations's av's. keep up the good work.
ok they are now more relaxed than before..
audiotrack wrote:Novayshun.. i wish you would fuck off with those avatars etc..
everytime they just overload my twoism browsing experience..
sorry but. hey..!?
anyhow. specluations aside. BoC rule!