Page 3 of 7

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:24 pm
by Snufkin
This thread is awesome >_<

-Snuf

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:26 pm
by BunnyRabbit
Fredd-E wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Oh well. Like I said, sad I guess? :?
Pretty sad indeed, especially cause I don't have any clue why he made that post. I just don't understand the problem? Someone might explain it to me what he could have meant?


Dave's always been pretty spikey. I remember him jumping over all kinds of nothing stuff over at Yahoo groups back in the day. I can't explain this though. I can barely follow the thread anyway, all the misunderstandings, back references and mistakes are too much for my busy brain to work out. At first I thought he might be referring to Dragon's deleted thread but I can't figure it out.

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:28 pm
by Torn n Frayed
ryetronics wrote:
dave_from_2001 wrote:how completely disgusting. thats enough FREDDE, delete my account now no questions please. and this is how you have to behave to be in complete alignment with the mods here. it makes me want to puke. has nothing to do with the sounds at all. hashing over twitter ego zaps.


Dave from 2001 has been a real cranky pants lately. What gives?


Someone needs to pet that pussy.. :?

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:44 pm
by Integer
So...Did I miss anything exciting?

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:45 pm
by Joebot Kill
Fredd-E wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Oh well. Like I said, sad I guess? :?
Pretty sad indeed, especially cause I don't have any clue why he made that post. I just don't understand the problem? Someone might explain it to me what he could have meant?


i think it has something to do with the hype over the boc pages. which is just a fan creation. the fact that this thread has nothing to do with the band, but instead with fan pages and twitters. it exists in the BoC forum but hasn't been deleted. at least, thats what i'm taking from all of this.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:31 am
by tvsr
dave was a little outdated anyway.







hal must have finally broke him...

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:46 am
by The Friendly Stranger
He belongs on watmm.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:12 am
by the letter p
"C'est fini la comédie"

adieu

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:29 am
by Fredd-E
Joebot Kill wrote:
Fredd-E wrote:
Mexicola wrote:Oh well. Like I said, sad I guess? :?
Pretty sad indeed, especially cause I don't have any clue why he made that post. I just don't understand the problem? Someone might explain it to me what he could have meant?


i think it has something to do with the hype over the boc pages. which is just a fan creation. the fact that this thread has nothing to do with the band, but instead with fan pages and twitters. it exists in the BoC forum but hasn't been deleted. at least, thats what i'm taking from all of this.


the letter p wrote:uhhh.....i COMPLETELY understand where mr 2k is coming from.
he is 100% solid.

adieu


If that's the case then he's rather short sighted and frustrated over nothing.

All of the things mentioned in this thread are related to boards of canada. First of all the twitter account is their official account so for sure that's related to them. The bocpages is a community thing; it's by no means the creation of only one fan. Bocpages wouldn't have existed if it weren't for all the contributions from people all over the world and to see the site being rewarded by getting mentioned on their twitter so more people will get acquainted with it is definitely worth a thread on the boc subforum.

I also see the shoutout and them being active on different web2.0 sites nowadays as the preparation of things to come. They are literally setting up things to be ready for deployment. Having all those social networks secured is a great thing. Ain't no such thing as viral marketing!

People should stop nagging and rather be proud that we as a community are getting their attention in such a positve way. It's definitely a form of recognition and I'm not ashamed to be proud of all that.

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:46 am
by Mexicola
The Friendly Stranger wrote:He belongs on watmm.


Fredd-E wrote:People should stop nagging and rather be proud that we as a community are getting their attention in such a positive way. It's definitely a form of recognition and I'm not ashamed to be proud of all that.


Probably yes, and definitely yes. Aaaaanyway - onwards....

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:53 pm
by Mindshifter
Damn, I honestly can't see what all the drama is about :?

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:22 am
by wmarsh
Dave is just concentrating his energies on evolving into Dave from 2012. Follow the light of yonder star, Dave is come.

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:56 pm
by novayshun
wmarsh wrote:Dave is just concentrating his energies on evolving into Dave from 2012. Follow the light of yonder star, Dave is come.


2010: The Year We Make Contact.

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:18 pm
by Snufkin
Uhhh... anyways back on topic... we've just had another Tweet from boctransmission:

http://twitter.com/boctransmission/statuses/9433728559

Posted 20 mins ago.

I almost shat myself when I saw it linking to Bleep; thought there might be some new stuff on there... :/

I haven't actually checked yet, thought i'd post it back here first... *RUNS TO BLEEEEP*

-Snuf

Edit: Nothing new I can see :( Dunno if that Bio piece at the top was always like that. Looks like the Tweet is just official-boc's continuation of its 'listing relevant sites' process :o

Peace out ^_^

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:25 pm
by (parenthesis)
Snufkin wrote:Uhhh... anyways back on topic... we've just had another Tweet from boctransmission:

http://twitter.com/boctransmission/statuses/9433728559

Posted 20 mins ago.

I almost shat myself when I saw it linking to Bleep; thought there might be some new stuff on there... :/

I haven't actually checked yet, thought i'd post it back here first... *RUNS TO BLEEEEP*

-Snuf

Edit: Nothing new I can see :( Dunno if that Bio piece at the top was always like that. Looks like the Tweet is just official-boc's continuation of its 'listing relevant sites' process :o

Peace out ^_^


At least they're using their twitter account

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:34 pm
by Fredd-E
Snufkin wrote:Dunno if that Bio piece at the top was always like that.
I can't remember it being like that either. I guess it's new.

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:14 pm
by Twoist
"It is therefore necessary to consume their flawless catalogue, soak in its hazy hues, bathe in a forgotten sonic dream-scape and pray for the next transmission from beyond Hexagon stars... "

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:43 pm
by Fredd-E
Twoist wrote:"It is therefore necessary to consume their flawless catalogue, soak in its hazy hues, bathe in a forgotten sonic dream-scape and pray for the next transmission from beyond Hexagon stars... "
It's the second time they use the word 'transmission' ... could it be part of the new album title?

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:58 pm
by Snufkin
Trans Canada Highway... Trans... Canada... Mission?! :P

Hehe jokes. Good thinking tho Fredd-E.

...Or maybe it'll first be available via some kind of transmission.. :o

-Snuf

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:17 pm
by aorta
They should broadcast the album on shortwave radio.