Page 4 of 4
Posted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:54 am
by circleofthesun
sleepysilverdoor wrote:circleofthesun wrote:sleepysilverdoor wrote:circleofthesun wrote:*sigh*
Isn't dubstep, originally, essentially "Sincere" done a-la "Meets Rockers Uptown" with influences from dnb/jungle )what with the specific waveforms of bass, the influence from newer trends in hip hop and house (2step, juke, trap), as well the urban feeling)?
I mean, isn't Basefree more dubstep than any of the tracks mentioned in the OP?
Even if we could (we really could) debate what the hell a specific MICROGENRE of music exactly is, genres are really just there to make shopping easier.
Anyhow, summarise how much discussion of BoC is actually being done in this thread
No Basefree is totally
Atmospheric Hexagonal UK
Garagecore.
Soooooo considering dub is highly atmospheric and 2step is a form of garage...
Basefree is dubstep :3
I actually once posted a dubstep related comment on the Basefree youtube vid and got thumbs downed HARD. Oops.
It's youtube, mang.
But, I must confess. Rolling Stone calling anything BoC did but Basefree "dubstep", esepcially in the age of NERO?
*cringe*
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:01 am
by m_thomp
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to post some links to tracks that I think are shit-hot. I don't know whether you'd class any of this as dubstep or two-step, but all of it is outstanding, and a million percent better thann that brostep/skrillex garbage.
Floating Points - Sais (Dub)
Sepalcure - See Me Feel Me I think this is exceptional, and was one of the artists I name checked in a thread I made a long time ago about the length of time BoC have been away and other artists have 'caught up'/'closed the innovation gap' in the interim. Have a new mini-album out which also sounds pretty great. Think that it's got BoC-style arrangement in that the end of the track transforms into something quite different to the start.
And I've been listening to this guy, Amen Ra, too. Likes to mix up his styles:
Candy Rain
Simple Things
Low Maintenance Can only find it as part of a radio show, so apologies for the DJ blather.
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:11 am
by euue
m_thomp wrote:Sepalcure - See Me Feel Me I think this is exceptional, and was one of the artists I name checked in a thread I made a long time ago about the length of time BoC have been away and other artists have 'caught up'/'closed the innovation gap' in the interim. Have a new mini-album out which also sounds pretty great. Think that it's got BoC-style arrangement in that the end of the track transforms into something quite different to the start.
machinedrum, one of the producers behind sepalcure, has tons of BOC influence in his stuff, everything from big house tracks to his hip-hoppish stuff
i love the melody that starts at around 4:05 in this, so boc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJAQmYuK464
but really, influence:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKPb1GB537o
wait, what was this thread about? where am i what is dupstep. i almost bought this 7" today but it was $$$$
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJAQmYuK464
Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:30 pm
by In_The_Annexe
m_thomp wrote:Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but I just wanted to post some links to tracks that I think are shit-hot. I don't know whether you'd class any of this as dubstep or two-step, but all of it is outstanding, and a million percent better thann that brostep/skrillex garbage.
Floating Points - Sais (Dub)Sepalcure - See Me Feel Me I think this is exceptional, and was one of the artists I name checked in a thread I made a long time ago about the length of time BoC have been away and other artists have 'caught up'/'closed the innovation gap' in the interim. Have a new mini-album out which also sounds pretty great. Think that it's got BoC-style arrangement in that the end of the track transforms into something quite different to the start.
And I've been listening to this guy, Amen Ra, too. Likes to mix up his styles:
Candy RainSimple ThingsLow Maintenance Can only find it as part of a radio show, so apologies for the DJ blather.
no problem with resurrecting this thread, it's actually quite an important topic.