Page 4 of 5

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:48 pm
by Orbited insanitarium
μasch wrote:Man i'm disapointed tho...

Not the lake of news for the hypothetic new album of course, or because there is no anniversary version or repress or old tune rerelease, etc...

But because i feel that, appart from the fans, Geogaddi's birthday was kinda ignored by mainstream music medias and Warp. Not even a tweet. I can't but feel it's a bit disrespectfull for what we can agree is one of the most beloved BOC record.

But yeah it isn't too big of a deal either.


Today is only the 13th of February for the Japanese release, the European release was the 18th. I think something may come to light then, even if it's something fake.

Hoaxers, if nothing happens. I'm looking at YOU to keep us on our toes! :wink:

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:53 pm
by Fredd-E
μasch wrote:Man i'm disapointed tho...

Geogaddi's birthday was kinda ignored by mainstream music medias and Warp. Not even a tweet. I can't but feel it's a bit disrespectfull for what we can agree is one of the most beloved BOC record.


13 Feb 2002 (Japan)
18 Feb 2002 (Europe)
19th Feb 2002 (USA)

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Geogaddi

EU date is most important I think.

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:56 pm
by funnnnpng
There were bonfires...

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:04 pm
by μasch
Fredd-E wrote:
μasch wrote:Man i'm disapointed tho...

Geogaddi's birthday was kinda ignored by mainstream music medias and Warp. Not even a tweet. I can't but feel it's a bit disrespectfull for what we can agree is one of the most beloved BOC record.


13 Feb 2002 (Japan)
18 Feb 2002 (Europe)
19th Feb 2002 (USA)

https://bocpages.org/wiki/Geogaddi

EU date is most important I think.


the 13 Feb is still considered the release date of Geogaddi, but we'll see... hopefully you are right

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:24 pm
by stripesworths
I'm spinning my Geogaddi record right now and I can't be happier man. Maybe something'll be celebrated for the 21st anniversary, after all, that's when it'll be allowed to drink!

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:36 pm
by Orbited insanitarium
stripesworths wrote:I'm spinning my Geogaddi record right now and I can't be happier man. Maybe something'll be celebrated for the 21st anniversary, after all, that's when it'll be allowed to drink!


Shall we give it the birthday bumps? :D

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 7:56 pm
by stripesworths
I'm just gonna say yes.

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:03 pm
by rodox_head
Is there a reason Geogaddi was released in Japan first?

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:06 pm
by fujee
rodox_head wrote:Is there a reason Geogaddi was released in Japan first?


Same reason they have bonus tracks I'm guessing, which is to encourage customers to buy the domestic version rather than the import. The latter doesn't make retailers as much money. Plus Japan just likes to be special, but that's to my brother who lives in Osaka and has a very westernised view of the country.

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 10:53 am
by Wildfire
rodox_head wrote:Is there a reason Geogaddi was released in Japan first?



Was the initial TH announcement not in Japan too?

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:42 am
by WATER_CAN-_-
It may well be that MHTRTC was the most significant accomplishment to the band, which is why they recognized its 20th anniversary. Hopefully I may prove wrong, as I think all of their work is worth celebrating including the unintentionally released.

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 4:05 am
by rodox_head
WATER_CAN-_- wrote:It may well be that MHTRTC was the most significant accomplishment to the band, which is why they recognized its 20th anniversary. Hopefully I may prove wrong, as I think all of their work is worth celebrating including the unintentionally released.

MHTRTC got a 10/10 from Pitchfork, so clearly it's the only one that matters

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:18 am
by WATER_CAN-_-
rodox_head wrote:
WATER_CAN-_- wrote:It may well be that MHTRTC was the most significant accomplishment to the band, which is why they recognized its 20th anniversary. Hopefully I may prove wrong, as I think all of their work is worth celebrating including the unintentionally released.

MHTRTC got a 10/10 from Pitchfork, so clearly it's the only one that matters


No, not really, but I suspect they were most proud of that particular work. I can see it being more of a milestone achievement to the band in a more personal sense. I mean, I don't remember a limited edition lithograph of the album cover being made available for the 20th anniversary of Twoism. Yes, I realize it's considered an EP, but it's also their first major release.

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:53 pm
by tonx
Retweets and a flurry of likes… a harbinger of them waking up and prepping something or is this all we’ll see for awhile?

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:03 pm
by Fredd-E
tonx wrote:Retweets and a flurry of likes… a harbinger of them waking up and prepping something or is this all we’ll see for awhile?

You beat me to the punch. :D

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:04 pm
by NorthSaturnian
4 new retweets
12 new likes
12+4=16

february 16

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:11 pm
by bizcastl
NorthSaturnian wrote:4 new retweets
12 new likes
12+4=16

16 of february

naw naw naw 12 - 4 = 8. new album released 7 days ago guys.

seriously though i love how just liking a tweet is enough to get us all riled up lmao.

always hoping something comes of this...

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:14 pm
by NorthSaturnian
Biznasty wrote:
NorthSaturnian wrote:4 new retweets
12 new likes
12+4=16

16 of february

naw naw naw 12 - 4 = 8. new album released 7 days ago guys.

seriously though i love how just liking a tweet is enough to get us all riled up lmao.

always hoping something comes of this...

lol

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:16 pm
by burst__of__indigo
Neat, I was one of the 12 likes given...they wouldn't know this either but I'm a Feb birthday. SOMETHING IS HAPPENING.

:lol:

Re: Geogaddi 20th Anniversary Thread

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:39 pm
by NorthSaturnian
oooh another like. what could this mean