Re: Hooper Bay
Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2025 10:52 pm
I think a good way to approach hoaxes like these is just comparing them to the Old Tunes comps. The brothers weren't making as complex music as they had started to in 1998 and onward, but the Old Tunes volumes still have an incredible amount of detail and thought and texture put into them...
This particular Hooper Bay hoax was just bland and minimal, which I could not use to describe even the most ambient tracks on any Old Tunes volumes.
When (if) Hooper Bay turns up on the internet, there will be absolutely no doubt the moment we hear it. That's just the BoC magic, and that's what separates them from most other bands, in my opinion.
This particular Hooper Bay hoax was just bland and minimal, which I could not use to describe even the most ambient tracks on any Old Tunes volumes.
When (if) Hooper Bay turns up on the internet, there will be absolutely no doubt the moment we hear it. That's just the BoC magic, and that's what separates them from most other bands, in my opinion.