oot volume 3 (the remix collection)
Moderator: Aesthetics
- Treefingers
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1433
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm
- Location: England
- Aesthetics
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5449
- Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
- Location: Lowlands
- Contact:
Aesthetics wrote:hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.
agreed
I'm against the idea to start an official remix (competition) of the OoT series this early. Of course you guys can start up whatever you like. I certainly would enjoy to hear some of the songs as a remix because you guys are talented, but let's not make this official.
It's not like I own the series, the series came into being on this board so when the majority wants to have a remix of the first 2 releases already I don't want to ruin the game. But wouldn't it be more fun to do something like this in a year of 3 when there are like 5 OoT's?
Life is a Frequency
- Shadowshocker
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 pm
Personally, I would much rather have another OoT, rather than remixes. I think for artists, remixes are fun and great to listen to, but to the majority of listeners who didn't work on the original material, it's less personal and I'd probably listen to it a lot less, even if I did work on any part of it.
- Earthbound
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 866
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:54 pm
- Location: Gold A
- Contact:
Aesthetics wrote:Aesthetics wrote:hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.
agreed
I'm against the idea to start an official remix (competition) of the OoT series this early. Of course you guys can start up whatever you like. I certainly would enjoy to hear some of the songs as a remix because you guys are talented, but let's not make this official.
It's not like I own the series, the series came into being on this board so when the majority wants to have a remix of the first 2 releases already I don't want to ruin the game. But wouldn't it be more fun to do something like this in a year of 3 when there are like 5 OoT's?
I agree with you Aesthetics! A remixes OoT should fit better after some more OoT outcomes. I also would rather have a real OoT instead of remixes. So I agree with Shadowshocker on that one! But a remix OoT is something we sure could do in the future, in about a few years or so.
So what about OoT 3? No remixes, just the real thing. You're up for that Aesthetics? Or is this too soon after OoT2?
- Aesthetics
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5449
- Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 11:59 am
- Location: Lowlands
- Contact:
- Earthbound
- Sherbet Head
- Posts: 866
- Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:54 pm
- Location: Gold A
- Contact:
- Colorform Sun
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:06 am
- Location: California
- saturdayindex
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1681
- Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
- Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia
- BrandNewRetro
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1341
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:10 pm
- Location: Greater Manchester, UK
saturdayindex wrote:how about remixes of BoC tracks?
Now this would be awesome! We should do it, even if there's no official organisation...just to see what we can come up with.
Please 'Like' the Retronym Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/retronymlabel if you enjoy our free releases, spread the word! http://www.retronym.co.uk
- saturdayindex
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1681
- Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
- Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia
- Colorform Sun
- Posts Quantity
- Posts: 117
- Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:06 am
- Location: California
- saturdayindex
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1681
- Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:40 pm
- Location: Thailand, Japan, US, Netherlands, Australia
Colorform Sun wrote:remixes of BoC tracks does sound like a great idea, but then again, so many of us sound so
BoC-esque that it may not be as diversified as a remix collection is supposed to be. am i alone on that?
Well, that kind of supports my point. All the Twoism stuff is so BoC-esque anyway that it would onlyonly be BoC-esque-esque to remix them.
”.pu ekaW .live si tenretnI ehT”
- Shadowshocker
- Dayvan Cowboy
- Posts: 1279
- Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:10 pm