Page 4 of 4
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:46 pm
by Treefingers
Sounds like a cool idea to me!
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:14 pm
by Aesthetics
Aesthetics wrote:hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.
agreed
I'm against the idea to start an official remix (competition) of the OoT series this early. Of course you guys can start up whatever you like. I certainly would enjoy to hear some of the songs as a remix because you guys are talented, but let's not make this official.
It's not like I own the series, the series came into being on this board so when the majority wants to have a remix of the first 2 releases already I don't want to ruin the game. But wouldn't it be more fun to do something like this in a year of 3 when there are like 5 OoT's?
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:14 am
by Shadowshocker
Personally, I would much rather have another OoT, rather than remixes. I think for artists, remixes are fun and great to listen to, but to the majority of listeners who didn't work on the original material, it's less personal and I'd probably listen to it a lot less, even if I did work on any part of it.
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:40 am
by Earthbound
Aesthetics wrote:Aesthetics wrote:hexagon son wrote:if you guys end up doing a remix collection, i wouldn't called OoT vol.3 . save the volume numbers for original new music.
agreed
I'm against the idea to start an official remix (competition) of the OoT series this early. Of course you guys can start up whatever you like. I certainly would enjoy to hear some of the songs as a remix because you guys are talented, but let's not make this official.
It's not like I own the series, the series came into being on this board so when the majority wants to have a remix of the first 2 releases already I don't want to ruin the game. But wouldn't it be more fun to do something like this in a year of 3 when there are like 5 OoT's?
I agree with you Aesthetics! A remixes OoT should fit better after some more OoT outcomes. I also would rather have a real OoT instead of remixes. So I agree with Shadowshocker on that one! But a remix OoT is something we sure could do in the future, in about a few years or so.
So what about OoT 3? No remixes, just the real thing. You're up for that Aesthetics? Or is this too soon after OoT2?
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:56 am
by Aesthetics
Let's wait a few more weeks for the OoT3 kick off, so we can start around the same time as we did with v2.
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:14 pm
by Earthbound
Aesthetics wrote:Let's wait a few more weeks for the OoT3 kick off, so we can start around the same time as we did with v2.
Sounds cool to me mate! Got already some ideas for some submissions. Woohoo, can't hardly wait!

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:55 pm
by Colorform Sun
I agree with waiting until there are more official compilations, both because I'd love an opportunity to submit work and because it seems too soon now to do an official remix album. Hope I can be a part of the next collaboration!
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 pm
by saturdayindex
how about remixes of BoC tracks?
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:51 am
by BrandNewRetro
saturdayindex wrote:how about remixes of BoC tracks?
Now this would be awesome! We should do it, even if there's no official organisation...just to see what we can come up with.
Posted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:07 pm
by saturdayindex
BrandNewRetro wrote:saturdayindex wrote:how about remixes of BoC tracks?
Now this would be awesome! We should do it, even if there's no official organisation...just to see what we can come up with.
Yeah, I think it'd be a much better idea, personally.
Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:27 pm
by Colorform Sun
remixes of BoC tracks does sound like a great idea, but then again, so many of us sound so
BoC-esque that it may not be as diversified as a remix collection is supposed to be. am i alone on that?
Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:04 am
by saturdayindex
Colorform Sun wrote:remixes of BoC tracks does sound like a great idea, but then again, so many of us sound so
BoC-esque that it may not be as diversified as a remix collection is supposed to be. am i alone on that?
Well, that kind of supports my point. All the Twoism stuff is so BoC-esque anyway that it would onlyonly be BoC-esque-esque to remix them.
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:36 pm
by Techboy
I don't think a BoC remix compliation woul dbe a good thing to do as part of OoT, it should be seperate. Possibly even from this forum being as half of the people here already have reputations from watmm-types as boc-a-likes.
Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:55 pm
by Shadowshocker
I agree, keep it separate. I think OoT is great, and changing it would possibly ruin it.