Page 4 of 6

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:26 am
by turquoise70
747Music wrote:Enya...What?...It's relaxing...


i love enya.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:58 am
by jakestott
One of my earliest memories from my childhood involved an Enya track playing on the radio :). Don't remember the song title though.

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:40 pm
by wwbjd
Lady GaGa
The Ting Tings

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:56 pm
by Snufkin
Hardcore nazi thrash metal.

...hehe, jokes ;D

:x

-Snuf

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:40 pm
by jakestott

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:43 pm
by turquoise70
ROLLIN' ROLLIN' ROLLIN' WHAT

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:44 pm
by CoBoC
The Cake Song from Lazytown :]

Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:13 pm
by polar sky
turquoise70 wrote:
747Music wrote:Enya...What?...It's relaxing...


i love enya.


Enya is great. She used a lot of Juno 60 in her earlier work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEzpfpaN ... re=related

Posted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:26 am
by Synthestesia
CoBoC wrote:The Cake Song from Lazytown :]

:shock: :D I'm not the only one!!!!

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 am
by hexagonLife
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoEs6bVYfA8
Sim City 2000 Music. REPRESENT.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:44 am
by Numerator

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:09 pm
by Cupz
That fireflies track by some douche-bag is actually pretty good.

Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:44 pm
by rik0000
Synthestesia wrote:
CoBoC wrote:The Cake Song from Lazytown :]

:shock: :D I'm not the only one!!!!

Don't know Lazytown that well, but came across http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQp5l4-sfFA (watch at least 25 sec for Lil Jon). Don't think many would come up with the combination of lazytown and lil jon....

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:34 pm
by rick7487
Cupz wrote:That fireflies track by some douche-bag is actually pretty good.


OMG SO TRUE!

I bought that cd before it was popular and I enjoyed it, but once it hit the radio it became nails on a chalkboard.

Guilty Pleasure is Freezepop. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpD9pGpbpn0
They're what originally got me into electronic music. First song ever heard by them was science genius girl from Frequency.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 am
by turquoise70
rick7487 wrote:
Cupz wrote:That fireflies track by some douche-bag is actually pretty good.


OMG SO TRUE!

I bought that cd before it was popular and I enjoyed it, but once it hit the radio it became nails on a chalkboard.


The one about how planet earth turns slowly? holy shit, total guilty pleasure here too.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:53 am
by Emmer
I hate Owl City with a passion.

I often like to point out to my friends that like Owl City and Relient K that the lead singer for Relient K does backing vocals for Owl City since they're good friends...

...and then come off as an elitist prick when I make some quip about how kids never read the production credits on their choons.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:50 am
by turquoise70
Emmer wrote:...and then come off as an elitist prick when I make some quip about how kids never read the production credits on their choons.


:lol: I love how we've gone over Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, and numerous others, and Owl City is the one who gets the hate.

that said, i love the chord progression in the chorus of that song, and any song that includes the lyrics "planet earth" is great. i wish this song was about planet earth itself.

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am
by The Telepathic Kid
Owl City sounds like a damn ripoff of The Postal Service.

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 pm
by rolypablo
Numerator wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQeHkMWnVzc&feature=related


Aw man that is the shit!!!!

So nostalgic.

Right i'm spending the rest of my day listening to old Amiga tunes!

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:33 pm
by Weekend Cigarette Smoker
Ive got a few

Walking In The Air-Peter Auty
Really moves me and takes me back to my childhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR1Ln-ctn5E


Deeply Dippy-Right Said Fred
"I contact Sport, let the neighbours talk". Great pop song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dGYXGnSeBM

The Frog Chorous-Paul McCartney
Another great childhood memory. Love the melody and the frogs going "Bom Bom Bom"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0auCDOERZyE

Vienna-Ultravox
What a fantastic song. Love everything about it apart from Midge Ure's tash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJeWySiuq1I

Take A Chance On Me-Erasure
I'm going to get slaughted for this but I prefer it to The Abba version. I wish I knew why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_9ih_7Oig

I'm Not In Love-10cc
Everybody likes this really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rgepWg4rzw

Relax-Frankie Goes To Hollywood
Doesnt give a fuck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyl5DlrsU90