Page 5 of 14

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:17 pm
by Beacon
Hmm. Lets see what I can cook up in 5 days. I can never finish anything without a deadline.

Is 180 bpm breakcore out of the picture here?

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:26 pm
by Aesthetics
Beacon wrote:Is 180 bpm breakcore out of the picture here?

Hahaha, it'll most likely not make it to the final version ;)

Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:54 pm
by wwbjd
Beacon wrote:Is 180 bpm breakcore out of the picture here?


Just cut the bpm in half! Bet that would sound sweet ;)

Yes, hopefully I'll be done in five days too. Thanksgiving weekend probably would be better as then there is actually time off for me. But we'll see what happens.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:33 am
by Romeda
Aesthetics wrote:Romeda: being made?

Yup. I've got a full track and a filler/intro type thing. It will probably be done by tomorrow.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:48 am
by Synthetrix
Beacon wrote:Hmm. Lets see what I can cook up in 5 days. I can never finish anything without a deadline.

Is 180 bpm breakcore out of the picture here?


Yes the deadlines help. I just completed a remix for a Herbie Hancock competition this afternoon. 2 days before the deadline. You're all welcome to check it out at
http://vudyo.com/view_video.php?viewkey ... 045cf300a3

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:06 pm
by Five Step Path
You forgot me. lol

and umm so we can make 1 full song and 2 little 30 second tracks?

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:21 pm
by Aesthetics
Five Step Path wrote:You forgot me. lol

and umm so we can make 1 full song and 2 little 30 second tracks?

Sorry about that man..

Little songs (Gap fillers) don't count for the normal contribution. Read the first post to find it all out.

Posted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:48 pm
by Five Step Path
Aesthetics wrote:
Five Step Path wrote:You forgot me. lol

and umm so we can make 1 full song and 2 little 30 second tracks?

Sorry about that man..

Little songs (Gap fillers) don't count for the normal contribution. Read the first post to find it all out.


Just making sure.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:56 am
by Shadowshocker
Alright, I'm finishing up a song that I plan on submitting. Can I submit other things separately (gap fillers, intros) or do you need everything all at once?

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:46 am
by hills west
submission completed

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:11 pm
by polar sky
how many of your guys did something totally different than your last stuff on volume 1? i did.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:16 pm
by robotanalysis
thedisavowed wrote:
robotanalysis wrote:Hmmm, I wish I knew about this sooner. After a long hiatus, I should spend next week making a tune for this...


WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

I'd love some new Robotanalysis.


Man, where have I been?

Short Version: I graduated college about 2 1/2 years ago and life has been crazy since.

Long Version: After I graduated college I got a sweet job in IT (though I had majored in music technology). The downside was that after working with computers all day, I had little energy to make music on the computer. The plus side was I now had enough money to buy more gear. I built up my studio and had a fantastic time learning new synths, making new sounds, and improvising, but I never really recorded anything (and if I did, the songs remained as sketches).

Then for about a year I was going through rough times in my personal life and didn't have much motivation to complete anything. I guess you could call it a depression - I'm sure we've all had time like that which lasted days, weeks, or months.

Moving on, now that I had a good job I wanted to find a nicer place to live. Unfortunately, finding housing took longer than expected and was really time consuming. I looked at a bunch of apartments in the area but ended up renting a house with a couple friends. Ever since moving in I've been constantly putting work into the house. I moved in the end of August, and it's November...I'm exhausted and am pretty much done with home improvement. (One thing I bought that has sucked up some of my time lately...an HD projector. We can play Halo 3 on a 110" TV or even load up NES/SNES/Arcade emulators - it's wicked.)

Now things are back to normal, and I'm feeling much more like myself. Earlier this year I felt the need to slow down my life, and a large part of that was minimizing my possessions. I also wanted to figure out how I could create music without the computer and still be productive. So...I sold off the majority of my music equipment (goodbye Waldorf synths, I'll miss you SH-2, fairwell Fizmo rack...) and aimed for a minimal setup. Right now I'm just using a Monomachine, Machinedrum, Midi Controller, and GigaStudio to create sounds.

So, that's where I've been :) It's good to be back, and yes, I'm finishing up a sketch from this year for Volume 2, and probably will submit a bunch of fillers/transitions.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:38 pm
by Cupz
polar sky wrote:how many of your guys did something totally different than your last stuff on volume 1? i did.


I'd like to believe I did too.

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:58 pm
by hills west
DAFFODIL!

Posted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:38 am
by nlogax
Aesthetics wrote:Nlogax: You kind of asked how.. are you still planning to do one?


aw thanks for remembering about me man, yes i'll have time this weekend to send you some stuff. :)

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:36 pm
by Romeda
Hey guys. I sent an email to you about the submission 3 days ago, but I haven't heard back. How should I submit my song?

Posted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:34 pm
by Aesthetics
Romeda wrote:Hey guys. I sent an email to you about the submission 3 days ago, but I haven't heard back. How should I submit my song?


Hey man, check your spambox. I did sent you a reply right on the same day...

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:03 am
by Five Step Path
umm finalizing my song.

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 2:50 pm
by Beacon
well fuck

Posted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:20 pm
by wwbjd
Yeah, don't think I'm going to make it today. I'll keep working on this specific track, but doubt I'll be happy with it for the next few days (at least through Thanksgiving weekend).

So, if I miss it, I miss it. But looking forward to the others!