Page 1 of 2

BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:10 am
by nny
No, I'm just kidding.

But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?

Re: BOC teaming up with Quentin Tarantino

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:27 am
by steve-o
nny wrote:No, I'm just kidding.

But don't you think both of their 70's style approach could work well together?


BOC and sensless violence, hmm...don't see a connection. sorry.

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 12:02 pm
by isawdrones
tarantino- awesome
BoC- awesome
boc + tartintino = piece of shit

Imagine someone getting their head blown off to poppy seed reprise.
That doesnt sound to cool. :roll:

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:25 pm
by A_Northern_Soul
Can't see it myself.

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 3:02 pm
by polar sky
Can't see it either. Now I could see it with Chris Cunninghams movies. Or even Michel Gondry!

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:59 pm
by cmx
don't think it would work

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:23 pm
by thedisavowed
I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:25 pm
by Cupz
I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 7:11 pm
by IanRedpoint
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:

Or something by Sophia Coppola. :)

Reservoir Dogs is still a stunning film. Forget the violence aspect - it's all in the acting, dialogue and pacing. It's lean and edgy, like a lost '70s classic. I can take or leave the rest of his work, but Reservoir Dogs still grips me every time.

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:35 pm
by steve-o
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:




NOW THAT would be Beautiful!!

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:04 pm
by monochrome
Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"


BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.

as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:17 pm
by ExitEuXa
monochrome wrote:
Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"


BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.

as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.


I agree BoC and Darren Aronofsky, the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown. 8)

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:19 pm
by ExitEuXa
monochrome wrote:
Cupz wrote:I would rather hear BoC through "The Fountain"


BoC+Darren Aronofsky. THAT could be interesting. OR BoC+Clint Mansell.

as for Tarantino, I like is stuff and Pulp fiction is great but I can't see him teaming up with BoC.


I'm with you on that "BoC and Aronofsky", the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown. 8)

Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:01 pm
by thedisavowed
steve-o wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.

How about BOC over a Wes Anderson film? :lol:




NOW THAT would be Beautiful!!


AMEN. AMEN. AMEN.

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:32 am
by mechanismj
polar sky wrote:Can't see it either. Now I could see it with Chris Cunninghams movies. Or even Michel Gondry!


Totally! I've always thought BOC should do the soundtrack Gondry flick! That would be SUPERB! If only some of their stuff was in Eternal Sunshine... that would have made the movie FLAWLESS!

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:56 pm
by monochrome
ExitEuXa wrote:the only Tarantino i like is Jackie Brown. 8)


Thats the only Tarantino movie I haven't seen yet... better rent it soon.

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:47 pm
by Goiter Sanchez
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.


Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:57 pm
by thedisavowed
Goiter Sanchez wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.


Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.


I didn't know that. Well, I guess that there's no Tarantino movie that I really love, after all.

Of course to be fair I've watched very few of his movies, I just don't love shockingly violent movies, so that kind of leaves me in a bad place when it comes to getting into his films.

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:01 pm
by ExitEuXa
thedisavowed wrote:
Goiter Sanchez wrote:
thedisavowed wrote:I'm very here and there with Tarantinos work. I liked Hero a lot... but... never had any desire to sit through Resevoir Dogs... and I hated Kill Bill 1.


Just so you know... 'Hero' wasn't produced or directed by Tarantino; he only initiated the process of importing it to North American theatres in 2004 (2 years after it was originally released in Asia).
He did it not only to ride the success of his own asian-cinema inspired 'Kill Bill' franchise, but more importantly because he is a huge fan of the film.


I didn't know that. Well, I guess that there's no Tarantino movie that I really love, after all.

Of course to be fair I've watched very few of his movies, I just don't love shockingly violent movies, so that kind of leaves me in a bad place when it comes to getting into his films.


Well take a look at the only Tarantino i like, it's not shocking at all." Jackie Brown". [lovely movie] 8)

Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:18 pm
by pippin
Boc and Terrence Malick