Page 1 of 1
Help me. I need new audio monitors.
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:07 pm
by Elephant Face
What do you guys use?
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:05 pm
by machinea
really depends on your budget. My cousin has Event Opals and they are awesome. I didn't have the same budget and found a really incredible deal on M-audio DSM3 which were marked down to 600 for the pair from 1600 the 2's are also very nice and you can still sometimes find a decent deal on them.
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:48 pm
by Cupz
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:01 pm
by EnforcedNo
standard is some ATH-M50s
i ran my pair into the ground but i loved em, got the cable modded so it was detachable and got some velour earcups
definitely worth checking out
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:06 am
by Elephant Face
I have some great Audio Technica headphones, but I want new speakers. Budget would be a few hundred.
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:37 am
by EnforcedNo
oh speeeeakers!
no clue dude, i just have some random sony ones

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:30 am
by tiny sparrow
do you mean studio moniters? I hear good things about the KRK Rokit series, been meaning to pick some up when I get the chance; good, standard moniters for most anything you would need to listen to:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/KRK-Rokit-P ... tads-plaid^32411604641-sku^104908710@ADL4gc-adType^PLA-device^c-adid^13625729441
you can usually find them cheaper as well (ebay, craigslist, sweetwater, etc) but this is definitely a good starting point.
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:02 pm
by realspiel
you can't go wrong with the yamaha hs range and very affordable too, and tiny sparrow is right the krk's are good too but I would go for yamaha if your on a budget
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:05 pm
by futureling
I'm using Behringer Truth 2031
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:28 pm
by re-phaelam-ed
Mackie HRH626 monitors
http://www.mackie.com/products/hr626/
Yamaha NS10
http://media.soundonsound.com/sos/sep08 ... 1001_l.jpg
crappy old stereo speakers $10 garage sale edition
Grado RS-1 headphones
http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/rs1.gif
and my music still is pure shit.
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:41 pm
by machinea
for that price range I would recommend the yamaha's HS50. They get very excellent reviews for having that flat response. They won't sound pretty but pretty much the idea is that whatever you can make sound good on these they translate well most other places. That is true about the NS10 which are known for sounding fugly.
Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:42 pm
by machinea
realspiel wrote:you can't go wrong with the yamaha hs range and very affordable too, and tiny sparrow is right the krk's are good too but I would go for yamaha if your on a budget
Word. I would do the yamaha's in fact I almost went that direction until I got a great deal on the DSM3
Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:20 pm
by Elephant Face
Thank you guys for all the responses, this is very helpful. I'm hoping to make $500 this weekend, allowing for a purchase early next week.
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:19 pm
by Torn n Frayed
machinea wrote:for that price range I would recommend the yamaha's HS50. They get very excellent reviews for having that flat response. They won't sound pretty but pretty much the idea is that whatever you can make sound good on these they translate well most other places. That is true about the NS10 which are known for sounding fugly.
Yep, the industry standard for the longest; if you can make you mix sound good on those it will sound good on anything!! I use some Yamaha MSP-5 for mixing.
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:28 pm
by 2020k
I use
these by M-Audio. They don't pack a lot of low energy, but beyond that they're good for a budget. I'm all for KRK monitors though. If you have a couple hundred, then go KRK.
Posted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:32 pm
by 747Music
2020k wrote:I use
these by M-Audio. They don't pack a lot of low energy, but beyond that they're good for a budget. I'm all for KRK monitors though. If you have a couple hundred, then go KRK.
That pair of M-Audio monitors are the exact same that I have used for the last year. They died on me a month or two ago. I haven't made a single tune since.
I just moved and my studio isn't fully set up yet. But I hope to be up and producing again within a few weeks.